Store Daggers

#1 Posted by EMSJunkies (1 posts) -
I'm having trouble finding better daggers in the store. After I made it to the main town I bought the stilettos. Since then I've gotten to level 22 and the daggers are slowing me down even enhanced. And the store still has the same supplies. Does the stock change after a certain level? Or after a certain point in the story line? Where is a good place to find them?
#2 Posted by zachshadrack3 (34 posts) -
after awhile check at the weapons and armor shop in gran soren he will have a quest to get a idol. look on the wiki for the golden idol get it and give it to him and he will give you his best weapons. and there are really good daggers at the hillfigure knoll at the spear point have fun!
#3 Posted by DemonJako (58 posts) -

I'm having trouble finding better daggers in the store. After I made it to the main town I bought the stilettos. Since then I've gotten to level 22 and the daggers are slowing me down even enhanced. And the store still has the same supplies. Does the stock change after a certain level? Or after a certain point in the story line? Where is a good place to find them?EMSJunkies

Shop stock doesn't change based on your level, it changes based on progress through main story.

As another poster said, you get a quest to find an idle for two of the shop owners but that only unlocks additional items for each story unlock level.
EG: after doing X story quest Y daggers are available. If you had also done idle quest then Z daggers are available as well

Also worth noting that quest rewards and findable items are not based on your level either!
EG: you can go get a high level bit of equipment from a dangerus high level area if you are willing to risk it!

Anyway, regarding your stilettos, do some story questing and you should get some new daggers turn up in the shops :)

Scalding Razors (Which I found really good) turn up at Caxtons after doing the idol quest for him (Doesn't matter which idol for these)
Next daggars are Snagdaggers but thats about half way through the main quest.

Also, regarding idol quest, Madeleine is better if you have a female mage/sorc otherwise Caxton is better as Madeline's unlocked items are mainly mage/sorc armor for female.