Rented pawn will NOT attack

#1 Posted by Solid_Snake325 (6091 posts) -
Recently I changed one of my rented pawns, a fighter, to a warrior, and the warrior would not attack anyone. He just ran around the battlefield with the weapon drawn. Then I rented another warrior and it did the same thing. Then I rented a fighter and it attacked enemies for awhile, then later it did nothing. What do I do?
#2 Posted by evildeeds19 (94 posts) -

They may have had the guardian inclination which means they would only attack enemies that attack you, When looking for someone to tank or be a damager try to look for one that has  Scather, Challenger and or migitator inclinations

#3 Posted by Hellcanwait (856 posts) -

yup the guardian inclination does that to a pawn , I'll never hire a pawn with that inclination again as it is completely useless, even if you want a tank.

Sadly the game does change your pawns inclination every once in a while without telling you, so far I've learned that sprinting through monster filled dungeons when farming can change your pawns inclination to guardian. so check your pawns inclination often.

I myself got a warrior with pioneer and scather, I find that to be the best combo for a warrior.

#4 Posted by vespa5 (2832 posts) -

Yeah, I've come across this too. What was sad was that I rented a Ranger with a decent longbow and powers, yet, he didnt' fire one friggin' arrow in a majority of the treks from point A to point B.  I'm like: "Dude, fire that thing! What's wrong with you??"

#5 Posted by rasputin177 (2486 posts) -

IS Guardian ok for a healer mage pawn? I have one in my party I really like she has faster cast time with all the mage skills I want AND she looks decent but she is also a Guardian. Now that I think of it she does not seem to attack that often. Does Guardian work ok with a Healer mage? If I am attacking something will she attack it or only if I get hit?

#6 Posted by bogart069 (165 posts) -

Not sure how it impacts a Mage but I will no longer rent any non Magic Pawns that are set up as Guardians..  

#7 Posted by evildeeds19 (94 posts) -

It works well with a healer mage, as if your being attack they focus on healing and protecting you. for example, When i was fighting a drake while i was in combat my pawn focus on attacking with frigor but when i was injured she focus on healing me

#8 Posted by Hellcanwait (856 posts) -

I would avoid any guardian pawns they're just too annoying, they never leave your side, they don't participate in any fights unless you get hit.

never leaving your side is a big issue with bosses as any aoe attacks will have 50% chance of hitting you instead of 25%.

when fighting the Ur-dragon any pawn with guardian will mess up the fight, any healer with guardian will run straight through or stand in active aoe and die to be at you side.

#9 Posted by laezyre (74 posts) -
My main pawn(a scather) suddenly became a lot less aggressive recently, but always focused on carrying dead pawns to me. This really annoyed me while fighting the ur dragon, since I was climbing him with my assassin. I'd constantly have to jump down and revive before the pawn would attack again. I checked his inclination, and it was changed to the medic one. I always had him on scather for the primary, but the game seems to have changed it for me- very annoying.
#10 Posted by Hellcanwait (856 posts) -

So sprinting through monster filled areas can change your pawns inclination to guardian.

Running out of stamina can make the pawn go medic.

Have anyone else noticed any specific situation that changes your pawns inclination ?

#11 Posted by DemonJako (58 posts) -

So sprinting through monster filled areas can change your pawns inclination to guardian.

Running out of stamina can make the pawn go medic.

Have anyone else noticed any specific situation that changes your pawns inclination ?

Hellcanwait
Details from the guide: Scathing: Enter battle with enemies as they appear Medicant: Prioritize safety by healing your hero or removing their status ailments. Using 'Come' Mitigator: Bring down weak targets first Challenger: Focus on long range attackers and enemies with support abilities Utilitarian: Use support skills and enchantments Guardian: Use 'Help' and 'Come'. Avoid using 'Go' Nexus: Quickly heal your pawns and remove status ailments Pioneer: Use 'Go when not in combat Acquistor: Pick up items Based on the above, I can easily see why pawns tend towards 'Guardian' as 'come' and 'help' are used all the time to get them to follow you if you are sprinting through an area and to get them to buff and heal.
#12 Posted by Xakath (25 posts) -
Scather & Mitigator combo is the best for strict melee pawns I've found. Challenger is a must for ranged characters.