Is level 23 too late to change vocation?

#1 Posted by Essian (3438 posts) -

I leveled up to 23 as a fighter,but finding it boring now I want to play as either an a strider/ranger/assassin. But people tell me that it's too late in the game and leveling a new vocation will be impossibly difficult. So is it too late? Oh and I'm on the Wyrm Hunt story quest.

#2 Posted by fbhbankai (28 posts) -

It really depends on what kind of gamer you are with Dragon Dogma

If you are trying to get a MAX stat build and have your character be as strong as possible then yeah, it's too late  because when you level Up the stats that improove are based on your Vocation so you won't have a prefer build.

If you just want to have fun and don't care about braging about how much damage your character does... then go for it. I Started off as Strider, then at about level 10 changed to Magic Archer, and then I saw that my skills hit based on magic damaged so I chaged to sorcercer to improove a bit of magic damage and that was about at level 20. It was a bit hard at first because I only had weak spells but after a few sidequest I slowly started to kick ass. And in only 9 levels (I'm 29 now) I'm already summoning meteors and ice spears and all kinds of stuff.
I know my characters won't have the ideal stats, but I'm having a lot of fun with different vocations. 

#3 Posted by tnguye3 (45 posts) -

No it's not. If you change your vocation now, the difficulty won't change much since you'll still be the same level, you'll only be hindered with having few skills.

IMO you should change vocation whenever you feel like and have fun. However some players do stat builds e.g. Pure STR stat build they play Fighter till lvl 10 then go Assassin all the way to lvl 100 to get as much physical damage as possible.

hope this helped

#4 Posted by DemonJako (58 posts) -

I leveled up to 23 as a fighter,but finding it boring now I want to play as either an a strider/ranger/assassin. But people tell me that it's too late in the game and leveling a new vocation will be impossibly difficult. So is it too late? Oh and I'm on the Wyrm Hunt story quest.

Essian

If you are unsure, try Assassin as it shares quite a few skills with fighter that you can rely on until you have gained a few Assassin job levels (EG use sword and bow, you can use your sword until you have picked up a few bow and dagger skills).

Also, the primary stats for Fighter will work nicely with Assassin. You can then swap to Strider or Ranger from Assassin if you find you like daggers and bow style.

#5 Posted by Xakath (4 posts) -
I just changed my Lvl 63 Fighter into a ranger for the post game. I'm having the time of my life :)