Not that thrilling like years ago, but it will do.

User Rating: 8 | Doom 3 BFG Edition PC

I played DOOM 3 years ago, twice or thrice and I enjoyed it. I enjoyed Resurrection of Evil too. I loved the dark spaces, the scary monsters, their moaning, the fearless bosses and the fearful music. I enjoyed killing all those monsters, ripping them in two with a chainsaw or blowing their brains out with a shotgun. I bought Doom 3 BFG edition because of that. I thought it would be different; it's all the same and my enthusiasm cooled off after the first hour or so. It's nothing new there (the Lost Mission is too short). It's the same game with nothing knew save for some graphics polishing.

Too bad. It could have been better.

I wanted to play this mission because I love Doom. It's my favourite game, but I must say it's a little diappointing for it's too short. All right, we have the same monsters, let's say, the classical ones, we have the entertaining music and some scary moments, but altogether it's a little frustrating because of its shortness. I did not play on the the hardest level, I played as a marine, and the final boss it's a laugh, you take him down instantly. You have to escape the planet, helping a scientist to stop with a portal the evil's arrival on Mars and on Earth. I perhaps will replay the other games and I shall re-edit my review. ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................