some questions about difficulty and playing on a console

#1 Posted by 19Gam3NErD91 (146 posts) -

I had played doom 3 a long while ago on the pc but I reached a part where I just couldn't pass. It was a dog-ghoul thing boss in a tight room and no matter what I did I just couldn't kill it.I felt like my weapons weren't powerful enough and also didn't have much room to maneuver so it was basically impossible. and even the cheats didn't work lol! I wanted to know if anyone else experienced the same thing or was it me that just sucked? ;) 

I really loved the atomsphere of the game but felt it was too difficult because there was either not enough ammo or not enough room for strafing or maneuvering. I wanted to know if they have toned down the difficulty in this version and how much more difficult is it to play with a controller on 360?(I'm generally good with shooters on consoles)

generally speaking how much is doom 3 and the old dooms playable (with a controller) in this version on 360? how much different does it feel than playing on the pc considering it's a fast paced game?

thanks in advance!

#2 Posted by chaser_slovenia (396 posts) -

I honestly never thought Doom 3 was a difficult game. I didn't have any problems with it back in the day on PC and I don't have any problems playing it on 360 now. I don't think the difficulty itself has been lowered (though you still have 3 different difficulty levels), but you don't have to worry about ammo and flashlight anymore, so I suppose that should be a big plus for you. There's really plenty of ammo now for basically every weapon, so it's pretty hard to run out of it - well, unless you're completely ignoring the lockers.

#3 Posted by ShadowlordZer0 (25 posts) -

I honestly never thought Doom 3 was a difficult game. I didn't have any problems with it back in the day on PC and I don't have any problems playing it on 360 now. I don't think the difficulty itself has been lowered (though you still have 3 different difficulty levels), but you don't have to worry about ammo and flashlight anymore, so I suppose that should be a big plus for you. There's really plenty of ammo now for basically every weapon, so it's pretty hard to run out of it - well, unless you're completely ignoring the lockers.

chaser_slovenia
Ive had it on xbox, pc and 360, still have my pc version and the ammo is about the same, but yeah theres plenty. The shoulder mounted flashlight makes it a little bit easier. The difficult isnt that bad unless on a higher mode, never has been. What youre describing actually sounds like the first encounter with a pinky demon, and if thats the case, wow is all I'll say....
#4 Posted by mrsniper83 (1552 posts) -
I find that the game is kinda hard but not too hard.There are times where I feel that its are Nightmare setting but they give you plenty of ammo in this version so its all good....achievements are kinda hard to get.
#5 Posted by chaser_slovenia (396 posts) -
Ive had it on xbox, pc and 360, still have my pc version and the ammo is about the same, but yeah theres plenty.ShadowlordZer0
Oh no, there's a lot more ammo in this version. In the original you were forced to use pistol, shotgun and machine gun (and perhaps plasma gun) most of the time and had to be really careful how you used ammo for the rest. That is in the PC version, because I've never played the Xbox remake. It makes the game a bit more fun, but kinda takes that survival horror feeling from it.
#6 Posted by RSM-HQ (1171 posts) -

Originally played III through PC also till now. If you've played afew shooters on PS3 or 360? You'll get the hang of it rather quickly. & only Nightmare mode will give you a run for your money.

Side notes include it'll make you feel boxed-in with a desire for open space (namely if you play the originals first) but otherwise the frame rate is ultra smooth, a decent port. Only real complaint other than that is regarding the odd way you command ducking and running. Running command works so much better in the first two games haha >_<