No 1080p? Why?!

#1 Posted by thecrippler2005 (781 posts) -

So all the previews and screenshots for this game that I've come across so far indicate that it WON'T run on 1080p :(

Are the devs serious? What were they even thinking?? 720p wasn't the way to play this game even way back in 2004! Nearly everyone was playing it on 1600 x 1200 (if not higher) back then.....

My HDTV begs 1080p games. 720p basically shrinks the image and makes the game feel a lot less "cool".

Basically, I'm worried that the biggest USP of this game (graphics/ visuals/ stunning eye candy and all that) is going to be seriously weakened.

Please....please tell me I'm wrong..........

#2 Posted by hwrdstrnsbals (68 posts) -

So all the previews and screenshots for this game that I've come across so far indicate that it WON'T run on 1080p :(

Are the devs serious? What were they even thinking?? 720p wasn't the way to play this game even way back in 2004! Nearly everyone was playing it on 1600 x 1200 (if not higher) back then.....

My HDTV begs 1080p games. 720p basically shrinks the image and makes the game feel a lot less "cool".

Basically, I'm worried that the biggest USP of this game (graphics/ visuals/ stunning eye candy and all that) is going to be seriously weakened.

Please....please tell me I'm wrong..........

thecrippler2005

seriously?  your concerned about the graphics of a game that was designed and developed over a decade ago?  why not just play something modern.  Doom was antiquated the day CoD 1 was released, both graphically, and dynamically.  don't be afraid.  join us in the 21st century, you'll love it

#3 Posted by XXsKiTzOidXX (619 posts) -

I can see where he is comming from tho. If their going to re-master it might as well go the distance. I think it's going to look better then it did before and thats good enoughf for me. ;) lol

#4 Posted by Mickeyminime (1130 posts) -
I feel your pain :(