What's a real DMC fan?

#1 Posted by prideofNY (78 posts) -

I keep hearing people use the term in arguments for or against this game so, what exactly makes someone a real fan?

#2 Posted by RaikeX (25 posts) -

A real Devil may cry fan is someone how gets happy when the game is good and if its not he tries to change it that's why we get angry because we care about it we don't just want some good game we want the characters the story to be the same thats way we liked it so much, We are not like those who says [it's a good game what are you angry for?] i'm angry because I care for it not like those people who just want to play some good game,

And i'm trying to be fair her this game is a good game but its not Devil May Cry thats why I suggest to Capcom to change the game name and characters names so real Devil May Cry fans can enjoy this good game like everyone else [and sorry for taking so much of your time and I hope that now everyone know the difference between some one how cares and those how don't.

#3 Posted by prideofNY (78 posts) -

so you wan't absolutely nothing to change in devil may cry whatsoever?

#4 Posted by RaikeX (25 posts) -

so you wan't absolutely nothing to change in devil may cry whatsoever?

prideofNY

I'm talking about the characters not the story let them change the story not the characters and if I wanted absolutely nothing to change I wouldn't liked Devil May Cry 2,3 and 4 in this games they add more characters and changed the story and every one loved it [for me I loved 1 and 3 for 2 Dante was weird that's why I didn't like it that much and 4 was ok],

The core of DMC is the old Dante a DMC with out the old Dante is not DMC anymore the same goes for other games like Batman can you play a Batman game with out Batman no you cant but Capcom doesn't care and look what happens right now every one is arguing about the game because they named it some thing that this game is not.

#5 Posted by samclockwise (187 posts) -

A DMC Fan is someone who love all of the originals and still plays them all four them. But is still is also a fan of the reboot and give the reboot the same respect as the originals. The fan can also point out all the flaws in all the games. Finally the fan is willing to try the game on the the settings and find all keys and try as many of they trials and trophies as possible.It doesn't matter if they win or not. As long as they the different setting and try to get all the trial and try to get the trophies. Then they are a fan.

#6 Posted by wavelength121 (1393 posts) -

It's their game, their franchise, they can do with it as they see fit.

Being a fan is a choice, not a right.

#7 Posted by RaikeX (25 posts) -

wavelength121

I agree to that 

#8 Posted by prideofNY (78 posts) -

I guess what I call a 'real fan' is anyone that enjoys tight and varied 3rd person action based on style starring a badass with a sword and unlimited bullets that can suspend enemies in air. That's what drew me into DMC and it's what keeps me playing. I think people are being far too nitpicky and honestly find it hard to take any definition of a 'real fan' of anything seriously. Even my own definition can't be applied, as that's where I find merit in the series.  I can't fault anyone for having different priorities as far as the game is concerned. Where I take issue is with this whole flame war of who's a real DMC fan. If you don't like the redesign, that's fine and feel free to express why, but you don't need to try and force hatred down people's throats or try and detract from their experience. If you like the new direction, enjoy the game, but don't try to force people to enjoy something they won'tand critiscize them for it. What initially drew people into DMC and kept them playing may vary from person to person, don't assume that what you look for is the same as what other's look for.

#9 Posted by sjwho2 (273 posts) -

wavelength121

Tell that to the Racoon City people.

#10 Posted by Gelugon_baat (19482 posts) -

wavelength121

I second this.

That said, some of you need to realize that Devil May Cry is just a brand - nothing more.

#11 Posted by sjwho2 (273 posts) -

[QUOTE="wavelength121"]

Gelugon_baat

I second this.

That said, some of you need to realize that Devil May Cry is just a brand - nothing more.

Kinda like any other franchise, when handed off to a mediocre(at best) game dev, the fans don't really appreciate it.
#12 Posted by prideofNY (78 posts) -

On what basis are you calling ninja theory mediocre?

#13 Posted by Fandango_Letho (5412 posts) -
[QUOTE="Gelugon_baat"]

[QUOTE="wavelength121"]

sjwho2

I second this.

Kinda like any other franchise, when handed off to a mediocre(at best) game dev, the fans don't really appreciate it.

Oh my. Did you just called Ninja Theory mediocre? You know very little about modern action games, don't you?
#14 Posted by ryangcnx-2 (1242 posts) -

All these rediculous fanboys always say it does the old series injustice... have they actually went back and played them? 3 and 4 still stand pretty good, but 1 is really archaic. They complain how the new DMC's combat is basic, the first DMC game ever had extreamly simple combat, clunky controls and no evade/dodge moves. It's fun for Nastagia and the atmosphere is cool, but NT DMC is much better on all techinical levels than DMC 1 and 2. Now, 3 and 4 were good, if not the best in combat. There are things I like better about the new DmC and some better about the 3 and 4. I like how smooth the combat feels when changing between the weapons in DmC. I like Dante's and Virgils characters in the new DmC as well, they are more well rounded characters. The story telling methods are much better this time around as well.

3 and 4 had the lock on which I do miss.

The back stories are similar, both involve Sparda, Eva and Mundus. Sure, NT DmC changed some of it, but at it's core it's still about Sparda's and Eva's sons. I personally like the new take on the story involving how Demons run the planet in the background. 

Anyway, I give the new DmC a 9/10. It's just as fun to me as 3 and personally I think it's better than 4.