Too much platforming?

#1 Posted by El_Galant (6 posts) -

I don't know if I'm on the minority on this but I've found that there is too much jumping around to get through the stages. I'm on Mission 18 and feel that the level design is too dependent on using the hooks & jumping all over the place to get from one place to another in the game. I checked the 'traversal' stats on the game and it said I had over 1000 jumps...!!??....a little too much perhaps? I like the game but between that and the lack of bosses those are my only 2 major gripes on the game.

#2 Posted by rgdfglfhgkh (62 posts) -

it lack a lot of stuff 

and yh jumping is 2 much 

anyway it wasnt wt i expected 

#3 Posted by herviross_2 (2689 posts) -
I too, feel there's a lot of platforming segments in DmC, but I'm okay with that since it's well designed and is a welcome change of pace from the combat.
#4 Posted by Geosisnl (143 posts) -

Definately too much platforming if you ask me, I spend more time running and jumping than I do fighting, which isn't what I play DMC for. It's a bit of a dissapointment especially since the combat is well done.

#5 Posted by jinyuken (647 posts) -

It's perhaps a bit too reliant on the jumping/chaining around. I'd rather they put more puzzles akin to the older Devil May Crys, in exchange for some of the platforming.

#6 Posted by Hebaphrenic (48 posts) -

As much as I love this game, and hate to say anything bad about it, I have to agree. At first I was like. "Oh yeah! Tearin the world apart!" By about Mission 18 where you are at, I was just tired of all the rubble and jumping around, hooking, etc. I also agree with the poster above me. I would have much rathered have more puzzles in place of the jumping.... Only real puzzle I remember... maybe I need to replay it to jog my memory, but the only one I remember is the one near the end running through the tunnels, then alternating the signs around to their corresponding statues.

#7 Posted by Justforvisit (5047 posts) -

As much as I love this game, and hate to say anything bad about it, I have to agree. At first I was like. "Oh yeah! Tearin the world apart!" By about Mission 18 where you are at, I was just tired of all the rubble and jumping around, hooking, etc. I also agree with the poster above me. I would have much rathered have more puzzles in place of the jumping.... Only real puzzle I remember... maybe I need to replay it to jog my memory, but the only one I remember is the one near the end running through the tunnels, then alternating the signs around to their corresponding statues.

Hebaphrenic

Absolutely agree. And yeah, it's sad, it's in fact the ONLY real puzzle in the game.... ._.