Oh noes! DEMO IMPRESSIONS

#1 Posted by orthodox1976 (4 posts) -

I just want to say that I've loved DMC since the first one.

I just finished the demo now... It took me a few minutes to figure out why it felt so familiar and then it hit me. The game f*cking feels EXACTLY like Alice: Madness Returns except with slightly better combat. It even looks a lot like it. I just finished Alice and OMG this game feels SO MUCH THE SAME. It doesn't FEEL like a DMC AT ALL. Series veterans will recognize this immediately. I'm so pissed... Looks like this will be a $19 bargain bin game for me. :cry:

Why is this game on the Unreal Engine? That was a bad idea for a DMC. Why didn't Capcom give Ninja Theory the real DMC engine? Wow, I'm SO GLAD I didn't pre-order this... And I'm not a hater, I really wanted this game and have posted positive comments all over the internet waiting for it. Now I truly see what the people who were complaining about this game really meant.

Capcom, what the f*ck? Ah well, I'm better off buying the DMC HD collection.

EDIT: I have the 360 demo.

What's with the High Time? There's no need to lock-on, pull back and hit the sword button... The High Time is simply just a B button press. They removed a DMC signature move. The first thing I would do in any new DMC is the High Time. It feels so dumbed down because of this. And the two shoulder buttons have this weird "pull yourself to an object" on the LT and a "pull an object to you" on the RT. It's interesting but feels "off".

The sword combo feels "OK", but not like a DMC. Just like a regular action game and DMC always felt way more smooth and advanced than the usual action games. That's why we love them.

Dante just doesn't have that HIGHLY RESPONSIVE, SMOOTH and FLUID feel like the other games. Ninja Theory NEVER should have used the Unreal Engine. It just doesn't suit this type of game at all. I liked Alice, but that was a platformer...

#2 Posted by charlton3k (71 posts) -
Well I loved the demo, had a nice Darksiders 2 feel with the instant big weapons switch. Although I didn't play much of the others, I've got the sparta edition preordered :D
#3 Posted by RaikeX (25 posts) -

This game is good but ther is one problem with it THE NAME,

Im a Devil May Cry fan sense the very first game and believe me whin I say that this game is good but when capcom named the game DMC they ruined this game because the gamers will have to compere this game with the original Devil May Cry and if you do that you will see that this game is rubbish [maybe capcom knew that this game is rubbish but want to sale it and a good way to do that is to put a fames game name on it and every one will buy it],

And when you play this game it looks like your playing Darkness or Ashuras wrath but when you play the old games it feels like F Final Fantasy [I dont know how to explain this but Final Fantasy drawings feel real but for darkness it feels like it came from some comic books if you know what I mean],

All in All for non Devil May Cry fan this game is good but for those who is just like me this game will feel like sh*t especially when they named this emo kid Dante and that prick Virgil,

And her is a suggestion for capcom change this game name and the characters to some thing else like AMC Angel May Cry if they want to put Angels in this game so bad and name fake Dante Trace and fake Virgil Travis and while you at it name the game T&TMC Trace & Travis May Cry {and they will}.

#4 Posted by Mr8ball (27 posts) -

although i like the way the game is looking, capcom has become notorious for ruining a great franchise. next up for demolition would be onimusha.

#5 Posted by throwback8 (64 posts) -

From playing through the demo numerous times on each difficulty, and reading tons of reviews, it seems I was completely wrong in doubting this reboot. The combat is absolutely fantastic and incredibly fluid, and the reviews are even stating the story is awesome as are the characters. Gamespots score is on the lower end of the spectrum, although it still does state that its a great game. Overall I honestly could care less what people say and want to hate on. The demo plays beautifully and I can't wait to grab my copy tonight.

#6 Posted by DEATH775 (4213 posts) -
I played the demo and yes it sucks. But I still bought the game. OMG was I wrong, the game was freaking awesome. I just beat all the difficulty and still looking for more. Just buy it dude.
#7 Posted by Fandango_Letho (5412 posts) -

I just want to say that I've loved DMC since the first one.

I just finished the demo now... It took me a few minutes to figure out why it felt so familiar and then it hit me. The game f*cking feels EXACTLY like Alice: Madness Returns except with slightly better combat. It even looks a lot like it. I just finished Alice and OMG this game feels SO MUCH THE SAME. It doesn't FEEL like a DMC AT ALL. Series veterans will recognize this immediately. I'm so pissed... Looks like this will be a $19 bargain bin game for me. :cry:

Why is this game on the Unreal Engine? That was a bad idea for a DMC. Why didn't Capcom give Ninja Theory the real DMC engine? Wow, I'm SO GLAD I didn't pre-order this... And I'm not a hater, I really wanted this game and have posted positive comments all over the internet waiting for it. Now I truly see what the people who were complaining about this game really meant.

Capcom, what the f*ck? Ah well, I'm better off buying the DMC HD collection.

EDIT: I have the 360 demo.

What's with the High Time? There's no need to lock-on, pull back and hit the sword button... The High Time is simply just a B button press. They removed a DMC signature move. The first thing I would do in any new DMC is the High Time. It feels so dumbed down because of this. And the two shoulder buttons have this weird "pull yourself to an object" on the LT and a "pull an object to you" on the RT. It's interesting but feels "off".

The sword combo feels "OK", but not like a DMC. Just like a regular action game and DMC always felt way more smooth and advanced than the usual action games. That's why we love them.

Dante just doesn't have that HIGHLY RESPONSIVE, SMOOTH and FLUID feel like the other games. Ninja Theory NEVER should have used the Unreal Engine. It just doesn't suit this type of game at all. I liked Alice, but that was a platformer...

orthodox1976
After reading your impressions, I'm left scratching my head. You sound like a very young gamer. Your arguments makes very little sense, especially when you start complaining about the HighTime launcher. You say the sword fight is okay, but it's not '' DMC '' enough. You speak as if the DMC series was a grand one to begin with; news-flash, it's not. Except for the very first title, it always received very mixed reactions from both ends of the spectrum. DmC isn't like the original and Bayonetta. The main guy behind it moved on and made... Bayonetta. Want more of that original idea behind DMC? That idea behind the Resident Evil 2 build that got turned into an action game? Then get Bayonetta 2 on Wii U. This DmC is a whole new experience. It brings back the insanity of DMC's combos and weapons, with a more modern approach to the fighting systems and platforming. You then complain about the graphical engine, saying the character doesn't respond well. I can give you the benefit of the doubt that the 30FPS tricks your eyes into thinking it seems clunkier, but it's really not. DmC's controls flows very well and the animations never get in the way. You should definitely check out the full retail version. DmC really is a great game. You only need to lower your defenses and accept that hey, things can change. And sometimes, like in this case, for the better.
#8 Posted by DEATH775 (4213 posts) -
I don't understand why you are complaining about the high time? the high time is very use full and the demon pull is also a great way to get away from crowds or to get in crowds. Seriously the combo in this game just makes you feel great especially when you know what your doing. The demo didn't had much to offer, but the game is awesome when you get all the abilities and weapons.