Got DmC yesterday.

#1 Posted by Nercay (606 posts) -

And i'm actually blown away, only about five missions in at the moment, but wow, it's fantastic! If anyone has any questions about the game that need answered just shoot them my way ;).

#2 Posted by jack_is_cool (14 posts) -

The story. Is it as good as it looked in the trailers?

#3 Posted by Nercay (606 posts) -
Amazing (and i'm not exactly a DmC fan). It's one of the few games lately were the story has dragged me in from the get go and had me unable to turn it off, and i'm only about half way through now!
#4 Posted by jack_is_cool (14 posts) -
Brilliant! This is exactly what I hoped for! One more thing, the gameplay- that's really my only concern- is it really slow after all?
#5 Posted by Nercay (606 posts) -
As i say I've never really played the older DmC games, and i'm not sure what you mean by slow? But it seems incredibly fast paced, constant adrenaline fueled combat (which is extremely complex and interesting).You're constantly going through fast paced platforming to huge battles, and theres never any boring moments. Visuals are pretty stunning too.
#6 Posted by M-Yu (1317 posts) -

How did you get a copy? It's not out for another week.

What version did you get it on?

And how is the upgrade system?

#7 Posted by Nercay (606 posts) -
Ello, Got the copy from Capcom. I review games. (XBOX 360.). The upgrade system seems really complex, with a tonne of upgrades for every weapon (and there are a lot of weapons) and Dante's general abilities. You receive upgrade 'tokens?' after gaining exp for getting good combos, saving soul's etc. The upgrades come in thick and fast though, and keeps the combat fresh.
#8 Posted by Sinestro_rage88 (71 posts) -

^^^ There are a lot of weapons? really? how many so far?

and is it using the old system of obtaining weapons from defeated bosses?

#9 Posted by omerta07 (186 posts) -

nercay thanks for your impressions of the game so far , i have a few questions :

1. how are the graphics as compared to the demo ? would you say far better , slightly better or about the same ?

2. is the gameplay the same as the demo or better ( faster , smoother ) ?

3. how is the games soundtrack ? the tunes in the demo were AWESOME especially the track that played during the 1st battle ! do a nice amount of the tracks have spoken lyrics like that ?

4. does the purposely oversaturated colors of limbo get tiresome after a while or do you have precious moments and sections of the game free of this ?

5. do the chapters have nice length or are they more on the average to short side ?

6. are the levels as unique and awesome as the previews make them out to be or are they somewhat overrated ?

THANKS for your time !

#10 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3548 posts) -
If you were to give a rating what rating would you give it thus far? Is the story very deep with many twists and turns and combat and weapons are they easy to manoeuvre?
#11 Posted by Nercay (606 posts) -

^^^ There are a lot of weapons? really? how many so far?

and is it using the old system of obtaining weapons from defeated bosses?

Sinestro_rage88

Hmm, off the top of my head you've got the sword, ebony and ivory, a shot gun, a axe, big powerful demon fist gloves, a scythe, some dual wielding blades. They've obviously all got pretty names, but i'd have to turn the game on to get them for you :P

nercay thanks for your impressions of the game so far , i have a few questions :

1. how are the graphics as compared to the demo ? would you say far better , slightly better or about the same ?

2. is the gameplay the same as the demo or better ( faster , smoother ) ?

3. how is the games soundtrack ? the tunes in the demo were AWESOME especially the track that played during the 1st battle ! do a nice amount of the tracks have spoken lyrics like that ?

4. does the purposely oversaturated colors of limbo get tiresome after a while or do you have precious moments and sections of the game free of this ?

5. do the chapters have nice length or are they more on the average to short side ?

6. are the levels as unique and awesome as the previews make them out to be or are they somewhat overrated ?

THANKS for your time !

omerta07

1. Sorry, i never did get around to the demo, i've got it downloaded though so i'll give it a whirl later and get back to you on that one!

2. As above, again, sorry!

3. Haha that is actually one of the best things about the game, the soundtrack! When you get into what's going to be a tough battle, the adrenaline is just fueled even further by the epic songs. Really fits the game too.

4. At first i worried because the first few levels were as you described, but either i stopped noticing or it becomes less and less. The enviroments change constantly, so you're never looking at the same part of limbo for long. Plenty of 'oversaturated colours' though - i kinda like it?

5. Chapter lenghs vary completely, some have taken around 15 mins were some much longer. Oddly i believe there is an achievement for completeing a level with 2 minutes on the clock, but i'm not sure how that would be possible. There are twenty chapters in total, and 8 hours in i'm on chapter 14.

6. As i said about there is a massive change in environments constantly, one minute your going through a dark and dreary mansion, the next few some hugely colour filled level, it really is impressive how unique a lot of the levels are.

If you were to give a rating what rating would you give it thus far? Is the story very deep with many twists and turns and combat and weapons are they easy to manoeuvre? Solid_Max13

Not sure on a overall score yet, but it's definitely high (hard to say until i've played more. Story isn't incredible by any means, but keeps you interested. Combat is the greatest part of the game and is incredibly fluent, even when using five or six weapons in a huge combo. Weapons are changed using the triggers, so very easy to manoeuve.

Tried to keep this as spoiler free as possible, sorry if i didn't answer something properly, tried to answer everything quickly :P

#12 Posted by Rie_BooM (3 posts) -
Can I ask - now that we can get an opinion from someone who is actually playing the game and I'm guessing has played others in the series, what would you say to those who are already hating the new look and style and are intent on boycotting?
#13 Posted by Nercay (606 posts) -
Can I ask - now that we can get an opinion from someone who is actually playing the game and I'm guessing has played others in the series, what would you say to those who are already hating the new look and style and are intent on boycotting?Rie_BooM
I'd say they were crazy, and it's really annoying that anyone is seriously contemplating 'boycotting'. I was never a huge fan of the old DmC games, but did dabble in them, and sadly never really enjoyed them that much. The new one though, is amazing (i finished it last night) and the fact that people can complain without even playing it because Dante looks different is absoloutely insane. Sorry i can't answer that in more deph as i've never been a avid DmC player.
#14 Posted by thisismattsosa (4 posts) -

im interested in the game but never played the original ones, do you have to play any of the first trilogy to enjoy/understand the story in this one? 

#15 Posted by Nercay (606 posts) -

im interested in the game but never played the original ones, do you have to play any of the first trilogy to enjoy/understand the story in this one? 

thisismattsosa
Not at all mate, it's a complete reboot :).
#16 Posted by Darkkend (196 posts) -

1.How long is the game?

2. Is there alot of location back tracking like in the old Devil May Cry series games?(which annoyed me in DMC4 the most).

3.Did they add a lock on system unlike in the demo?

4.How many bosses would you say there are including the final?

#17 Posted by Nercay (606 posts) -

1.How long is the game?

I played on the normal difficulty, and racked up around 13-14 hours. I didn't get all the collectables either.

2. Is there alot of location back tracking like in the old Devil May Cry series games?(which annoyed me in DMC4 the most).

None at allsmile.gif.

3.Did they add a lock on system unlike in the demo?

Unless i completely missed it, no.

4.How many bosses would you say there are including the final?

Hmm, without giving it away of the top of my head there are five bosses.

#18 Posted by Darkkend (196 posts) -

Groovy, can't wait!

#19 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26578 posts) -

Ello, Got the copy from Capcom. I review games. (XBOX 360.). The upgrade system seems really complex, with a tonne of upgrades for every weapon (and there are a lot of weapons) and Dante's general abilities. You receive upgrade 'tokens?' after gaining exp for getting good combos, saving soul's etc. The upgrades come in thick and fast though, and keeps the combat fresh.Nercay

im happy to hear there are alot of weapons in the game. Thought they were going to drop the ball on that.

#20 Posted by RaikeX (25 posts) -

This game is good but ther is one problem with it THE NAME,

Im a Devil May Cry fan sense the very first game and believe me whin I say that this game is good but when capcom named the game DMC they ruined this game because the gamers will have to compere this game with the original Devil May Cry and if you do that you will see that this game is rubbish [maybe capcom knew that this game is rubbish but want to sale it and a good way to do that is to put a fames game name on it and every one will buy it],

And when you play this game it looks like your playing Darkness or Ashuras wrath but when you play the old games it feels like F Final Fantasy [I dont know how to explain this but Final Fantasy drawings feel real but for darkness it feels like it came from some comic books if you know what I mean],

All in All for non Devil May Cry fan this game is good but for those who is just like me this game will feel like sh*t especially when they named this emo kid Dante and that prick Virgil,

And her is a suggestion for capcom change this game name and the characters to some thing else like AMC Angel May Cry if they want to put Angels in this game so bad and name fake Dante Trace and fake Virgil Travis and while you at it name the game T&TMC Trace & Travis May Cry {and they will}.

#21 Posted by sjwho2 (273 posts) -
[QUOTE="Nercay"]Ello, Got the copy from Capcom. I review games. (XBOX 360.). The upgrade system seems really complex, with a tonne of upgrades for every weapon (and there are a lot of weapons) and Dante's general abilities. You receive upgrade 'tokens?' after gaining exp for getting good combos, saving soul's etc. The upgrades come in thick and fast though, and keeps the combat fresh.

Wow, I hope no one actually bought the games you reviewed because of you. You are just a shameless promoter. Its sad people like you actually review games and mislead the naive gamer to buying a game. You aren't a fan of the series(as you stated), so big surprise you like a game nothing like what the series is about. You say everything is "amazing" or some other over-the-top word for every aspect, even the customization.(dear god really man?). You are drawn in by the story, which is quite literally cliche and boring as all hell.(lol demon jokes). Please, go back to the CoD section or some other extremely generic place where bright colors are the newest thing you've ever seen.