dmc devil may cry's 1st 3 reviews are in !

#1 Posted by omerta07 (186 posts) -

and they are overwhelmingly POSITIVE , link below !

http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/4669/20121231/dmc-devil-cry-first-reviews.htm

#2 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3548 posts) -

This is great news!!!

#3 Posted by jack_is_cool (14 posts) -

Woop. Can't wait. 

#4 Posted by M-Yu (1317 posts) -

I'm glad that it's getting early rave reviews. That's what happens when you jump the gun.

I'm gonna keep looking out for reviews from this site, IGN, etc. before I hit up EB to pre-order.

#5 Posted by jack_is_cool (14 posts) -

This game never looked bad. The rabid fanboys just made it seem like it did. 

Devil May Cry was dead. Not because the last one sucked, but because only 2 of the 4 games released were even half decent. Sure, Dante was a cool character, but they failed repeatedly, time and time again, to go anywhere with the story. IF anything NEEDED a reboot, it's Devil May Cry, because the premise is great. They just got lost. Hopefully they'll find a path now. Judging on what I've seen of the game so far, I'm endlessly impressed. 

#6 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3548 posts) -

This game never looked bad. The rabid fanboys just made it seem like it did. 

Devil May Cry was dead. Not because the last one sucked, but because only 2 of the 4 games released were even half decent. Sure, Dante was a cool character, but they failed repeatedly, time and time again, to go anywhere with the story. IF anything NEEDED a reboot, it's Devil May Cry, because the premise is great. They just got lost. Hopefully they'll find a path now. Judging on what I've seen of the game so far, I'm endlessly impressed. 

jack_is_cool
You took the words right out of my mouth I am/was a huge Devil may cry fan only thing is as you said 2/4 were great the others were very mediocre. Dante is an awesome character 3 being the best story and game so far he deserves better, enter ninja theory who looks to have made this an awesome game with deep detailed story and fluent combat and keeping the best and most prominent character with his attitude in tact. Welcome new DMC!
#7 Posted by vengefulwilberg (1636 posts) -

Thats good to know.  I have been playing Devil May Cry since the beginning.  I played the demo and actually enjoyed it.  I can admit that I questioned what they were doing in the beginning; however I didn't bash the game to heck like so many hardcore fanboys.  The game seems to be very refreshing in a few ways after I give it chance by playing the demo.  I definitely like how the environment transforms to slow you down in a more dangerous fashion.  The visual style of the game is really more interesting than the previous games.  I can see why the FPS had to be tuned down to 30.  The visuals would probably be ruined due to screen tearing or something.  The previous games didn't have that much going on in terms of the environment. 

#8 Posted by RaikeX (24 posts) -

This game is good but ther is one problem with it THE NAME,

Im a Devil May Cry fan sense the very first game and believe me whin I say that this game is good but when capcom named the game DMC they ruined this game because the gamers will have to compere this game with the original Devil May Cry and if you do that you will see that this game is rubbish [maybe capcom knew that this game is rubbish but want to sale it and a good way to do that is to put a fames game name on it and every one will buy it],

And when you play this game it looks like your playing Darkness or Ashuras wrath but when you play the old games it feels like F Final Fantasy [I dont know how to explain this but Final Fantasy drawings feel real but for darkness it feels like it came from some comic books if you know what I mean],

All in All for non Devil May Cry fan this game is good but for those who is just like me this game will feel like sh*t especially when they named this emo kid Dante and that prick Virgil,

And her is a suggestion for capcom change this game name and the characters to some thing else like AMC Angel May Cry if they want to put Angels in this game so bad and name fake Dante Trace and fake Virgil Travis and while you at it name the game T&TMC Trace & Travis May Cry {and they will}.