Capcom aims for more Devil May Cry in 2015

#1 Posted by AkuScorn (444 posts) -

http://www.gamespot.com/news/capcom-aims-for-more-devil-may-cry-in-2015-6378261

So... apparently Capcom is already jumping the boat to creating a squeal? Even before this game comes out? 

Do you think this is a really bold move for Capcom to be talking about a sequel for this game? Do you think it's perfectly okay?

Also what do you think about this line right here?

"We want to reduce the time needed to develop major titles from the usual three-to-four years to only 2.5 years... Speeding up development will probably raise the cost. But creating quality content will be vital to Capcom?s ability to survive by overcoming intense global competition."

#2 Posted by DevilD2005 (4899 posts) -

The problem with DMC4 was simply that as a gamer, i was treated to a game that said, "more to be revelaed in the sequal." As a result, my experiance with DMC4 was weak, and consensus on DMC 4 is mixed among dmc fans. Now they areannouncing a business model that hypes this business practice. I think its less about Dmc and more about mass producing games the same way EA sports does.

Sometimes, a series can hit a wall, and sometimes, conditions need to be right to warrant a sequal. Look at the clamouring for Brutal Legends 2 or Psychonaughts 2. now tell me the desire for these games would be the same if they were releasing them the same way that ubisoft releases assassins creed games. (honestly im bored with the franchise).

#3 Posted by Kyrylo (259 posts) -

I actually hoped that Capcom cancels it and Nt goes broke, so we don't need to hear any Tameem's whining. 

#4 Posted by Lankeysob (2 posts) -
If the game does well I wouldn't mind a sequel for it, nor would I mind a sequel to DMC4. The business model I don't think is a great one, the quality of the games being produced like that is bound to take a down turn. Back onto DMC though, I would actually like to see a sequel of the new game just to piss people like the guy above me off.
#5 Posted by -DonKain- (279 posts) -

If there's any sort of sequel, I hope it goes with the continuity of other games, and not this one.

They could make DMC5, wrapping up the stories of all the characters and finally moving on from that dead point DMC2 set. You know, the one that Capcom couldn't get past, so they had to make a prequel with DMC3, and then DMC4 came around, still not moving past DMC2's timeline.

#6 Posted by GreekGod88 (469 posts) -

If there's any sort of sequel, I hope it goes with the continuity of other games, and not this one.

They could make DMC5, wrapping up the stories of all the characters and finally moving on from that dead point DMC2 set. You know, the one that Capcom couldn't get past, so they had to make a prequel with DMC3, and then DMC4 came around, still not moving past DMC2's timeline.

-DonKain-

this so much!

#7 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

So?

This is self-explanatory.

#8 Posted by RaikeX (25 posts) -

This game is good but ther is one problem with it THE NAME,

Im a Devil May Cry fan sense the very first game and believe me whin I say that this game is good but when capcom named the game DMC they ruined this game because the gamers will have to compere this game with the original Devil May Cry and if you do that you will see that this game is rubbish [maybe capcom knew that this game is rubbish but want to sale it and a good way to do that is to put a fames game name on it and every one will buy it],

And when you play this game it looks like your playing Darkness or Ashuras wrath but when you play the old games it feels like F Final Fantasy [I dont know how to explain this but Final Fantasy drawings feel real but for darkness it feels like it came from some comic books if you know what I mean],

All in All for non Devil May Cry fan this game is good but for those who is just like me this game will feel like sh*t especially when they named this emo kid Dante and that prick Virgil,

And her is a suggestion for capcom change this game name and the characters to some thing else like AMC Angel May Cry if they want to put Angels in this game so bad and name fake Dante Trace and fake Virgil Travis and while you at it name the game T&TMC Trace & Travis May Cry {and they will}.