Why are people hatin' this game?

#1 Posted by Triplevengeance (3 posts) -
I personally think this game is very unique and far more superior over Skylanders. But, I'll bet people will sit on there whatever, posting that it is a rip-off of Skylanders because it uses the portal thing. Please, post your comments here. I am curious to see what people have to say.
#2 Posted by bergmann620 (1 posts) -
It's likely as close a copy as their lawyers advised them would be legal. I like how the guy from Disney that was saying it's not a Skylanders knockoff basically said it wasn't... Because they were copying other games, too. I don't have a problem with the game as it stands- I just want to see it bring something different or better. I would really like to see a company build a miniatures tabletop game that combined portal-based video game play, and I would have LOVED to see a Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance style-game using the portal idea- have figures for characters, and then sell weapon packs, etc.
#3 Posted by SkylandersEzra (1 posts) -
Yes, it's true. People think that this is a rip-off of Skylanders, but I also think they're copying games like Little Big Planet with their Toy Box mode. I think Infinity is a unique combination of multiple game mechanics and they will be able to find their own niche. Of course it helps that they have a massive character library to play with, but that just makes the success of the Skylanders franchise all the more impressive.
#4 Posted by asap1984 (67 posts) -

im not hatin the game. just wish it was more like skylanders. all the disney characters but you can only play story mode with restricted characters to that film. but can play any one in toy box.

im not really into building levels, just playing made levels. i dont know why they couldnt make it so sully coould be in pirates or mr incedible in cars.

love skylanders and will get swap force. wish infinity could get better in future because everyone knows there will be marvel and star wars.

#5 Edited by TheGrimWednes (7 posts) -

I agree there is room to grow. I love the possibilities of the game, but I'm surprised there isn't more to do, or purchase to expand, especially with the holidays upon us! Like, it has a fair release, but I expected some surprise to punch up the numbers and experience for holiday shoppers.

One thing I thought was kind of cute on another site I read, is a good idea/bad idea of things Disney should include in Infinity, and some of these would be really fun! Disney should get cookin', I want more Play Set areas!!

This is the article I was reading: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/feature/35619