Oswald throwing Mickey

#1 Posted by etamo (9 posts) -
How do u control where Oswald throws Mickey? I have been trying to throw Mickey up to the ledge to retrieve the Three Little Pigs Pocket Watch and I miss every time. I, then, have to go through the whole process of getting back to the top level. So frustrating because it is probably something I should know.
#2 Posted by katydiddd (314 posts) -

I answered this on emeeloo's post.

DO  NOT  PRESS  THE  THROW  BUTTON, in the normal way you press a button.

Barely tap it -- or Oswald starts helicoptering around.

Look at where the watch is.

Stand on the ledge nearest it.

Call Oswald over.

Move a few steps, but not far enough to cause Oswald to move.  Stand so you can see the watch and Oswald is directly in front of it -- I could draw a line from Mickey to the Red watch ledge, and the line would cut Oswald in half.

Have Mickey two steps away from Oswald, so he runs two steps toward Oswald and the watch.  When he reaches Oswald, tap the "throw Mickey" button and keep your finger on the throttle, steering Mickey up there.

#3 Posted by etamo (9 posts) -

Well, on three attempts, I got much, much closer but ultimate failure. Your help is invaluable and I thank you. 

#4 Posted by katydiddd (314 posts) -

I don't know where you are in the game.  Have you already played through to the credits, and are just coming back for extras? 

Or, if you are following a guide, I suggest just finishing the game, and enjoying it as much as you can.

When the game is over, you end up on Mean Street, with all sorts of warping powers, to just come back to the Floatyard, and pick up stray things.

Many times I have said that the designers are mean-spirited, and they admitted it in their interviews.

It took me hours -- and more hours on the next thing.

I didn't get either until about my third or fifth playthrough.

#5 Posted by etamo (9 posts) -

I have played through one time and was shocked at how fast I did it. Would have been even faster if the paint/thinner aimer was any good. On my second play through, I am going to places I never saw the first time so that is good. is there a way to have more than one active game going, at a time? EM1, you could have three.

#6 Posted by wildhoney66 (146 posts) -

if you are playing the PS3 version like i am than no. but if you are playing it like on i believe the Wii i think you can. 

#7 Posted by etamo (9 posts) -

I am playing on Wii U, I guess I just don't know how to do it.

#8 Posted by wildhoney66 (146 posts) -

Sorry i don't have  a Wii U so i have no idea. i've never even played it either. 

#9 Posted by katydiddd (314 posts) -

I don't have an answer, either.  EM2 on a regular Wii has 3 slots, just like EM1. 

On the regular Wii, when I play a game that has only one slot, I can save a series of games, using an SD  Card, and transferring them to my computer.  Then, I can revert to them later.

From what I hear, you cannot transfer  SAVE  GAMES  to the Wii U.  You can only use SD  Cards to download things from the "Wii Shop Channel" like wiiware oldtime games and Virtual Console games.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29336220/wii-u-and-sd-cards

Write to Nintendo Support.

#10 Posted by katydiddd (314 posts) -

Earlier, Etamo posted:

"I have played through one time and was shocked at how fast I did it. Would have been even faster if the paint/thinner aimer was any good. On my second play through, I am going to places I never saw the first time so that is good. ..."

You know, after you finish the game and see the ending and credits, you end up on Mean Street and can  CONTINUE the game, going to Autotopia race track and other places.  Just keep continuing and exploring.

The way to get to Autotopia is to  WARP  through the North Mean Street Cinema -- you don't have to work your way there through Ventureland anymore.

When you are through with the game, go around destroying things.

#11 Posted by katydiddd (314 posts) -

PRACTICE  THROWING  MICKEY at one of the areas the programmers have designated. 

Such areas in Floatyard are in the place where the DEC is -- there are 2 blue legs hanging down, that you need to thin to see the ledge up high.  It is between the 2 exits.

The other good practice throwing area is around Wonderland, to the left of Alice's House.  Oswald can fling you to the robot hand or to the ledge on the left.

That will help you get the hang of getting Oswald in the proper place so you can run in the right direction and fligh yourself straight at the target.  With this technique, you cannot change directions in mid-air.  (Oddly, you can other times.)