Here's a complete list of subplots that are introduced, then dropped. Can anyone help me out with these, or did the game designers just get lazy?:
1. The earthquakes. It's never made abundantly clear what caused them. They're the main focus of the story. What?
2. The Mad Doctor's 'reformation'. Why did he pretend to be good first? Why not just go all-out evil on them?
3. The Blotworx. The Mad Doctor really bigs them up, and they're portrayed as this 'army'. Where did they come from? What happened to them after the ending? Or are they just there as an excuse for a new enemy?
4. The Mad Doctor 'falling apart'. What's all that about, again?
5. The projectors. We're basically told that Prescott broke them, but we're never told why. Why?
6. All the business about the construction site. Daisy says that it's 'full of secrets', but all I found was a projector. What?
7. The Guardians. They just suddenly, randomly gain a major role towards the end, and there's no buildup to it. But then, of course, the game never really elaborates on their role.
8. Prescott in general. Just a few:
- We're never told what that weird thingy is that he's seen holding in OsTown when we first see him. He throws it away when the gang enters, so it looks important. But, no mention made.
-The projector situation, obviously.
-We're never told explicitly why he went bad. He just suddenly starts saying 'oh, you don't get how clever I am, so I'm going to kill you now.'
-His relationship with the Mad Doctor is never built upon. Ever.
-It says later on that he 'built a TV' for the Mad Doctor. When? We spend half the game chasing him, during which he'd have little chance to build anything.
-The whole hypnosis deal during Cutscene 7 (after the Prescott boss). What's all that about?
-When he starts talking random gibberish in jail. We're never told why.
-The 'secret project' in Ventureland. We see the site, but we're never told what it was.
- And he basically just disappears from the story towards the end. That's confusing.
9. Introducing the 'Mad Doctor TV Show' as a plot point right before the final boss. It's never hinted at. Once. Comes out of nowhere. Seems like a rush-job to get the game out for release.
10. The Mad Doctor's Ride. Never built upon. It just suddenly appears. Seems like it was made up just to be the last boss.
11. The 'World of Evil' level towards the end. I can sum this up easily: WHAT. THE. HECK. IS. THAT? It's THE most random level ever. And why does he say things like'after the break' and 'welcome, boys and girls'?And why is there a giant cardboard cutout of him?This level makes no sense! And what's worse: NO CHARACTER EVER MENTIONS IT AGAIN. EVER. NOT EVEN THE MAD DOCTOR.Explanation please, before my sanity dies out?
Any help with any of these would be appreciated.