Floatyard Photos for Gremlin Kip: Where is the correct Cuckoo Clock?!

#1 Posted by Miranda822 (21 posts) -

I made a return trip to the Floatyard to snap a photo for Metarie's sidequest and round up the Bunny Children, and also found Gremlin Kip on a ledge near the giant Stromboli float (starting point for the Floatyard if you're on the Paint Path). Kip gave me an unlabeled (not in the guide, or on the in-game list) sidequest to take pictures of his favorite floats, and I accepted.

The first picture is of the overturned light-up carriage on the other side of the moving drums that are next to Stromboli, in case anyone else discovers this quest and cares to try their hand at it.

Now he wants a picture of a big cuckoo clock, but I have NO idea where it is! I've tried pointing my camera at either of the pair that Oswald can zap open, but the mouse ears center of the camera "frame" doesn't turn green like it would for a valid sidequest photo opportunity. It didn't turn green when I painted the doors on them either.

Can anyone think of where another cuckoo clock is in the Floatyard? I gave up, partially because of a headache.

#2 Posted by katydiddd (314 posts) -

I don't know, but nobody else answered.

This is what somebody else posted at Gamefaqs:

"This confused me as well. In the tunnel with the two cuckoos facing each other: seal one away, then move back and aim the camera at the cuckoo clock with the cuckoo sticking out, now aim high at the pipes above. The mickey head should turn green. Take the shot and turn in to Kip."

(It is a lot of work for a little reward. I think Kip just gets you across the drums near him, but there is another way -- through the clown face in the DEC entrance to the floatyard.)

** If you did not break Stromboli, there is a passage from ABOVE Stromboli's stomach to the main canyon with the bouncing balls. It is that tunnel that originally is impassable because of the two birds sticking out.

First, I got to the passage by arriving at the Floatyard using the thinner method in the Fort, and going through a DEC. After arriving at the floatyard and using clock, TVs, and anvils on the monsters, I painted and climbed the drums near the DEC.

Then I painted the wires on the ground and around the turtle floats, to open a passage on that wall. Eventually, I arrived at a bridge above the bouncing ball canyon, where there is the entrance to the cuckoo birds.

That is, also, a place to find a red watch that fell from the sky and a trapped gremlin.

#3 Posted by Miranda822 (21 posts) -

Thanks for your help, I'm going to try that.

I'm on the Paint path, btw, and already figured out how to get to the Thinner path starting point for the sake of completion. It would figure that Kip would only help out after the boss battle. Unless he was on that ledge after I freed him and I just didn't notice.

#4 Posted by katydiddd (314 posts) -

Glad to have someone who is working on completing the game!

Please let us know if you are able to get  ALL  the paint projector screens -- especially the next one you run into.  I have many saved games, and play over and over, trying trick after trick, only to have the shutters closed in my face -- even if it looks like I made it.

- - - -

Also, when you made it back to the thinner entrance, with the DEC manhole cover, were you able to get past about six moves before a wooden door blocked you?  How?

- - - -

My game only gives me credit for going through all 5 DECs if I actually make it back from one entrance to the other.  Of course, there are stones blocking the fort side of the DEC, that only open during the thinner path.  This must be the only place without a fireworks bomb!!!

I have tried fighting the thinner battle and coming back to befriend them, but cannot get the boarded-up door to the projector open.

- - - -

Please continue to share, especially during your next trial with a house.

#5 Posted by Miranda822 (21 posts) -

Glad to have someone who is working on completing the game!

Please let us know if you are able to get ALL the paint projector screens -- especially the next one you run into. I have many saved games, and play over and over, trying trick after trick, only to have the shutters closed in my face -- even if it looks like I made it.

- - - -

Also, when you made it back to the thinner entrance, with the DEC manhole cover, were you able to get past about six moves before a wooden door blocked you? How?

- - - -

My game only gives me credit for going through all 5 DECs if I actually make it back from one entrance to the other. Of course, there are stones blocking the fort side of the DEC, that only open during the thinner path. This must be the only place without a fireworks bomb!!!

I have tried fighting the thinner battle and coming back to befriend them, but cannot get the boarded-up door to the projector open.

- - - -

Please continue to share, especially during your next trial with a house.

katydiddd

The GameFAQs answer for the Kip issue worked! Though when I finished the quest, he said I'd done the repairs already (presumably AI Oswald using his controller on the one drum...) The last two Kip photos are:

*The Big Bad Wolf head over the drum you paint in next to the drums that move back and forth. Best taken from the ground on that side.
*Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, who are high up on a wall in Alice's garden. Climb up to where the projector is and look to the right while facing away from the doors to get a good shot.

Answers in order, though this is still my first-ever playthough of the game. I'm playing the Wii U version solo, btw:

I presume you're talking about the Paint Path from Alice's garden to the two Prescott-related boss fights? It took me forever to get the timing right, and I think it's mostly sheer luck. Thinning out the diamond-shaped bush that's in front of the lowest mushroom platform helps so that you don't have to jump over it or circle around it, and as long as everything else is painted in, you should still have invisible ink in the well. Walk as slowly as possible, try to minimize your jumps, DON'T double-jump until the end and even then only if you really have to, and keep moving even as you wait on the platforms for them to rise and fall.

- - - -

EDIT: Just read your thread regarding this. I didn't know you could even get into that DEC from the Floatyard end while on the paint path. I just knew I was at the thinner path end of things from going off of my guide.

- - - -

Again, this is my first playthrough, and I didn't think to go back and try getting the thinner-only DEC stages. I'm guessing there's no "New Game +" option for this game like the original had?