Can you get all 5 DECs and 16 films in one game?

#1 Posted by katydiddd (314 posts) -

In Wonderland, McBasilRocks indicates it is possible to get Oswald to come to the top mushroom and help get Mickey through the window of Alice's Wonderland House.

I have many saved games, and went through that Wonderland situation for hours. Dropping a clock or even jamming the doors, or trying to get the eye to watch TV didn't work. I tried dropping to the doorway from the roof. Once I made it through the shutters, and watched them close with me inside, then I reappeared in the middle of the yard. WHAT A FARCE!!!

I presume that later you can return to Wonderland and bomb the house to get the other projector, and use paint on the slobber in the fort to gain 16 films -- but, then, it seems impossible to do the DEC between Floatland and the Fort, because there is a wooden doorway in the way, that only gets raised from the other side. I even went to the fort to see if I could bomb the rock wall that falls if you use thinner -- no luck.

QUESTION: Has anybody actually been able to get the challenges for all 5 DECs and 16 films in one game slot?

I have many saved games and spent a lot of time going over the possibilities.

#2 Posted by MatthewJK (2 posts) -
Here's the solution I found. Get to the Floatyard via the D.E.C., then go to area where the projector from Fort Wasteland is locked behind the red bars. Jump to the ledge in front of the gate and get Oswald to join you there. Enter two player mode and somehow Oswald ends up on the other side of the bars. He can then reprogram the control unit which magically opens the gate. You can travel through the now available projector and collect the film reel and pins, but when you reach the end at Fort Wasteland you face the locked wooden gate and are immediately sent back to the Floatyard. This was one of my last barriers to a perfect game. My only remaining mystery is how to shutter the four train stations for the "Off Track" challenge and complete the Wasteland Limited quest necessary to finish the "Perfectionist" challenge in the same game.
#3 Posted by katydiddd (314 posts) -

That is a fantastic solution. I am on my fifth game, so I have a saved game slot that could use that strategy. I had tried to get Oswald to fire electricity through the wooden gate in the DEC, but didn't think about firing through the red grate!

Thanks.

SHUTTER ALL 4 TRAIN STATIONS:

I have been able to shutter all four train stations -- but not to open them afterward. I think the chores are mutually exclusive.

To shutter them, I just repeatedly went to the stations and talked, but did not do anything to open them. Eventually, a bunch of scrap metal fell, and I was told that the station was ruined by a quake. My first one was before the end of the game and the crredits. It was in OsTown, and the conductor was no longer in the station, and it was boarded up. After the credits, I went around the stations. My last one was Mean Street, but I think it was because I ignored the station.

Whatever you do, do not go up and look at the clock, or send Oswald up. He automatically fixes it. But, after the Mean Street Station is ruined by the quake, Oswald will not boost me up to fix the fan or set the clock to 4:30 go in Walt Disney's apartment over the firestation.

SETH?

Talking about perfect games, how did you handle Moody wanting a picture of Oswald's Statue at the fountain AND Seth wanting photographs. This last game I decided to only do Oswald, and took every single photo -- but Seth will not open the quest for episode 2 and 3. I have a feeling that it is going to be like Clarabelle -- where you have to do both sides of a quest.

Thanks again !!! I can't wait to go play.

#4 Posted by katydiddd (314 posts) -

It worked!  Thanks.

Playing single player mode, when I got outside the red grate, Oswald became frensied and was soon inside. 

I couldn't get him to automatically activate the power plate, so I activated the two-player mode.  Of course, it took me a lot of time to have Oswald do the simple electric shock, because the game wanted me to press the electric button, then a second button, then rotate/shake the remote, then the second button again, then shake.  And, they needed to be done precisely -- shaking and pointing at the same time.

Then, Oswald would decide to come out and fall down, and not be able to get up.  So, I would have to do the tour back to the beginning of the Floatyard and through the turtle door to get him back to the grate.  I don't know why Mickey couldn't fit in

YOU  WEREN'T  KIDDING when you said you immediately get sent back into another cartoon.  You don't even get a chance to feel trapped behind the boarded-up, locked door, you just cartoon your way back.

- - - -

You are so good, you should write a bare essentials guide -- that doesn't mislead the players.  After two weeks of playing, I bought the Prima guide, which misleads players.

#5 Posted by MatthewJK (2 posts) -
If you paint the spatters in Fort Wasteland and open up the projector to the Floatyard, there is still a way to traverse the 5th D.E.C. backward. Enter the DEC at the exit in the Floatyard. Make your way left by riding the wooden ferris wheel and carefully jump on the three spinning tires to a platform with the wooden wall that that Mickey can't open. Operate Oswald separately and have Mickey throw him on the the red ball to the right. Once Oswald bounces on the ball, helicopter left to a platform high above the wooden wall that won't open from the right. As Oswald, make your way down to where the energy ball is to the right of the two spinning record players. It's possible for Oswald to move the energy ball accross both records, through the spinning bird and onto the spring box. It's very tricky. The ball often gets stuck between the two record players, but I found the with some pushing and jumping Oswald can get the ball to bounce. If your lucky, you'll get the ball on the spring box and it bounces to the higher platform on the right. Follow with Oswald and have him push the ball across the xylophone to the right, over the plane and into position in the machine. It's tricky, but possible. Once the ball is in the machine, the pie is thrown and the wooden wall where you left Mickey opens. Mickey and Oswald can now rome freely. Make your way to the Fort Wasteland door which is to the right of the record players. Take the elevator to Fort Wasteland. The rock that was once there blocking this D.E.C. entrance is gone and you complete the Tunnel Mouse challenge!
#6 Posted by katydiddd (314 posts) -

Thanks, but can you hold my hand and tell me more?

You wrote, "Operate Oswald separately and have Mickey throw him on the red ball to the right. Once Oswald bounces on the ball, helicopter left to a platform high above the wooden wall that won't open from the right."

DID YOU DO THIS ALONE, OR DO YOU NEED A PARTNER TO THROW OSWALD?

I play alone, but I did the castle co-op quest alone using co-op mode. And, I become two players to get other things done, or make Oswald stand out of my way.

I tried the trick they gave us to throw Oswald up to the Mean Street South Train Clock -- dropping a watch sketch and having the throw icons appear. No luck in this DEC.

Please, give more details on how to get him over the gate?

#7 Posted by katydiddd (314 posts) -

I GOT OSWALD ONTO THE PLATFORM OVER THE GATE!

First, I practiced on Mean Street, then went to the DEC.

I went into co-op mode. I stuck Mickey's remote on the floor, and put my big toe holding down his button to call Oswald, or have Oswald flip Mickey in the air when released (my minus button). Never before has it worked like that.

So, I have Oswald move 2 steps toward Mickey, I release my big toe, and jump Oswald (with my A), and he springs up farther than ever before, to bounce on the red ball. After a couple tries, he bounced left onto the platform, which is where he is now.

THANKS.

I have the rest of your instructions to print and follow.

Thanks again.

EDIT: Did it! I made it all the way to Fort Wasteland, and they are still asking if I notice anything different.

I didn't think it would be possible to get the Tunnel Mouse in a game where I was using paint all the way! I was only able to get all the reels and DECs when I was told how to enter the missed projector screen in Floatyard with Oswald.

Thanks again and again.

PS: I don't know if it helped, but I put Oswald and Mickey in sports costumes -- jogger and football costumes. Figured it couldn't hurt.

#8 Posted by katydiddd (314 posts) -

Getting Oswald to zap power boxes in co-op mode is a problem people write about since the very beginning of the game, in the Castle.

So, in co-op mode, when Oswald is inside there, by the power box, he will not give it the correct zap to automatically open the red metal grate.

Keep the cursor pointed at the power box.

For most boxes, the trick is to  NOT  "press and release" the B button.  Only give the B Button the very slightest, quickest tweek with the side of your finger, that makes Oswald let out a big ball of energy.  If you hold the B button for a second, he lets out a stream, which does not work.

Keep moving Oswald around, closer, farther, in front of the power box, and there may be a sweet spot that the mean-spirited developer allows.

I have done it, but it took me a long time, too.

- - - - -

I just looked at my other post, and I describe something like the series of movements that you have to do in Avatar.  First the screen says to do one thing, then another, then another.

"Playing single player mode, when I got outside the red grate, Oswald became frensied and was soon inside. 

I couldn't get him to automatically activate the power plate, so I activated the two-player mode.  Of course, it took me a lot of time to have Oswald do the simple electric shock, because the game wanted me to

press the electric button, then a second button,

then rotate/shake the remote,

then the second button again,

then shake. 

And, they needed to be done precisely -- shaking and pointing at the same time."

That sounds like I started with Oswald with a fully charged remote, and had him HOLD DOWN  the B button.

I don't remember.  Sorry.

- - - -

When you get in Game Mode, you may have to adjust your TV brightness, so you can see the symbols that are coming up -- like to press A and shake.

- - - - -

EDIT:  Clarification:  In Avatar, you were in the middle of aerial combat, and there was a reason for various activities with the Wii Remote.  You could swing the remote down to have the "bird" poke a hole in the enemy helicopter windshield.  It was out of kindness that the developers gave us cues on the screen.  
But, it is solely out of meanness that the EM2 developers would make us do these harshly-timed activities to get Oswald to zap that power box -- with Mickey's Paint Brush buttons!  (I did not buy them, but your right hand holds Mickey's Paint Brush, and your left hand holds Oswald's Controller.)

#9 Posted by kaykeyser (14 posts) -
Here's the solution I found. Get to the Floatyard via the D.E.C., then go to area where the projector from Fort Wasteland is locked behind the red bars. Jump to the ledge in front of the gate and get Oswald to join you there. Enter two player mode and somehow Oswald ends up on the other side of the bars. He can then reprogram the control unit which magically opens the gate. You can travel through the now available projector and collect the film reel and pins, but when you reach the end at Fort Wasteland you face the locked wooden gate and are immediately sent back to the Floatyard. This was one of my last barriers to a perfect game. My only remaining mystery is how to shutter the four train stations for the "Off Track" challenge and complete the Wasteland Limited quest necessary to finish the "Perfectionist" challenge in the same game.MatthewJK
Its not working for me. I can get him behind the gate but he won't reprogram it on his own and hes not able to oppen it after reporgraming in 2 player.