But I DIDN'T thin any one!

#1 Posted by kaykeyser (14 posts) -
Im trying this game out on multiple files and Every time I do Blot Aly (after the failed 1st time) and Fprt Wasteland I Always PAINT the blotlings for Ein. This time at Fort Wastland the Slobber and Oswald and the painted in Blotlings thined out the Blotlings NOT Mickey and Ein STILL gets on my case. Other two files The blotlings killed each other and Ein didn't mind. He just wanted me to paint MOST of them. Just venting. Share your "I should have won but I failed" stories Or maybe you liek this one. I was fighting the dragon and died When i respawned I skipped 2 whole phases of the fight. Im still confused. Also found a few glitched from jumping off califs and landing under the graphics.
#2 Posted by katydiddd (314 posts) -

Yep.  Some of the game has glitches, and some of it is the intentional, mean-spirited developer, who said his childhood role-model was The Mad Doctor.  The bad activities of The Mad Doctor and Oswald are the developer's pleasure at torturing us.  Someone forgives Oswald, saying he is ADD, but I say it is mean Warren Spector.

"Just Venting"  A new neighbor came over, and commented that her husband had just gotten a Wii.  I told her that if she ever hears me screaming, "No!  Don't do that to me!  I made it!", that she isn't hearing domestic violence, she's hearing me screaming at the Epic Mickey game.  I can't tell you how many times I made it to Alice In Wonderland's Balcony, and had the symbol to press to enter the projector screen, which I pressed, only to come to on the garden, minus some health! 

I often go into co-op mode just to get Oswald out of the way.

I played the game a couple times, before I found out that I could get pins inside 2-D cartoons if I wore a Steam-Boat Willie black-and-white costume.  What a drag!

- - - - -

1)  In FORT  WASTELAND, even if all the little spatters end up dead (as usual), Ian can still open the locked wooden door to the film projector, as long as YOU  did not spray thinner.

If you do not get access to that film projector, you can get to it in the Floatyard.  Oddly, you can jump over to the ledge with red metal grate, keep jumping around, toward the grate, and, soon, Oswald will be inside.  Or, go into co-op mode sooner, and get Oswald inside, to zap the electric power box that opens the gate.

(The way to that Stromboli Area is to do the area by the DEC entrance and paint all the wires on the ground and far wall.  Jump up the drums next to the DEC entrance.  Paint the nose, and helicopter to a ledge with a little float and a power box.  Pust the little float to the ground, and onto a round platform.

A hole in the far wall will open, when everything is painted and in place.

Then, follow that path to be above the main candy canyon path.  At the end, look to the left, to see the red grate, and make it to that ledge.)

2)  BLOT  ALLEY:  In the original Epic Mickey, it was okay to befriend spatters by flicking paint guardians at them.  Not so in Blot Alley.  AND, I don't find out until I do not get rewarded, and the SUPERSTAR Challenge!  Now, I drop watches and TVs.  Then, I painted the spatters, including those that are on balconies. 

The Spladooshes took more paint than I had, so I backtracked and spun tables and chairs, and painted one Spladoosh at a time.

3)  FOR  THE  DRAGON  BOSS, for new games that I play, I enter through Jiminy Cricket's Tongue, and start on the second half, upstairs.

If I'm just playing a throw-away game, like to see what happens in the destruction path, I thin the roof supports, and let the roof fall on the dragon. 

But, once I was trying to do the paint method, and the dragon's breath thinned out the roof supports, and I had an unhappy result, and I didn't thin anything.  But, that was when I just started playing, and I was so busy with the monsters, and spatters, and zapping the power boxes.

Like the topic said, "I  DIDN'T  thin any one!!!  and  "I should have won but failed."

- - - - -

Any more?

#3 Posted by kaykeyser (14 posts) -
In the underground when you have the Mickey head gate and the paint pump that you fill to open the door and you zap it and it closses, I was able top spawn Oswald on the other side of that gate too. Not that it helps any. Also in rainbow falls if you close off that projector you can still get it by back tracking from its other end after buying the reel. also a few times Ive caught chests trapped in mid air, or gus threw a solid wall. In Autotopia if you drop an anvil on that large rock it lands on solid mid air too.
#4 Posted by kaykeyser (14 posts) -
Update on the blotlings or whatever. Going back to blot Aly on a paint path and now I see its full of blotlings so easy to paint in and so much better to walk around and get things with out having to fear for my life I suddenly like this place. new objects are around the area too. I got the quest and went back for the teddy bear part I missed. As I set off the fire works the blotling I tried so hard to lore away from the door walked right up to that explosion, survived but fell in the thinner as the door fell. Ein got mad and left. but not before I bought all the cloths at the haberdasher and turned them over to one toon's trash. suddenly THAT quest got easy. one the down side I'll never find out what happens next and as Ein is so touchy, I'll have to go threw the game a 4th time and hope nothing accidentally died ever just to make his quest finish. Should have held back on the teddy bear part or tried the other door. Well for right now I am NOT redoing the game at least not on Wii. Maybe if I ever get a PS3 or 360 I would rather have New Game + then start a game I can't 100% a 4th time. I'll look up a video of a paint run. If any one has links great.
#5 Posted by kaykeyser (14 posts) -
Update on the blotlings or whatever. Going back to blot Aly on a paint path and now I see its full of blotlings so easy to paint in and so much better to walk around and get things with out having to fear for my life I suddenly like this place. new objects are around the area too. I got the quest and went back for the teddy bear part I missed. As I set off the fire works the blotling I tried so hard to lore away from the door walked right up to that explosion, survived but fell in the thinner as the door fell. Ein got mad and left. but not before I bought all the cloths at the haberdasher and turned them over to one toon's trash. suddenly THAT quest got easy. one the down side I'll never find out what happens next and as Ein is so touchy, I'll have to go threw the game a 4th time and hope nothing accidentally died ever just to make his quest finish. Should have held back on the teddy bear part or tried the other door. Well for right now I am NOT redoing the game at least not on Wii. Maybe if I ever get a PS3 or 360 I would rather have New Game + then start a game I can't 100% a 4th time. I'll look up a video of a paint run. If any one has links great.
#6 Posted by katydiddd (314 posts) -

I like the Wii and having 3 slots.  Just pretend that you never heard of the Challenge to let all 4 Train Stations get destroyed, and, then, you have Completed 100%.

I have not looked up a You Tube video of the spatters when you buy back the costumes and take them to the beginning of Blot Alley for Ian -- then walk through with them in their costumes.  But, they are the same costumes that they wore in Epic Mickey 1, during the Asian and European boat rides.  Nothing new.

Back to the Topic of game aggravations, I hate the second Boss, Prescott's Arena, done the thinner way. 

I screamed at the TV, "BUT  I  BEAT  HIM!"  and the game just had him there, all painted in, again.  It had taken me so long to figure out what to do, and I died a couple times, but then I won, and the game didn't let me win.  So, I tried to run around and figure out what else I had to do besides thinning him and spinning a cannonball into his mouth.  I thought that, maybe, I had to do it the very first chance, even if the ball was directed at Oswald.

COME  TO  FIND  OUT  a couple weeks later, that you have to do that battle, with the boss fully restored, and win THREE  TIMES.  What a rip off!

- - - -

And my needing to buy the book, a couple weeks after buying the game, was a rip off.  I could not figure out how to RESTORE the fountain in Ostown (the game was advertised as being able to restore Wasteland).

And, when you go to the PAUSE menu during the game, you see where you are:  Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Epilogue:  Continue Exploring.

BUT, when you get to the turnstile in OsTown, it changes to "EPILOGUE:  Work together to find a way forward."  THAT  MEANS  THERE  IS  MORE  TO  THE  GAME, and all I need to do is find it.  I could not find it, so I bought the Prima Guide.

Mcbasilrocks solved some mysteries by contacting a Junction Point Employee, who confirmed that we bought half a game.  They ran out of time, altered the story, and chain-sawed the programming of the game.

http://www.gamespot.com/disney-epic-mickey-2-the-power-of-two/forum/contact-with-former-junction-point-employee-29351371/