Autopia: Opening the Garage Without Doing Damage

#1 Posted by Miranda822 (21 posts) -

I'm on my second visit to Autopia after fixing things Paint Path-style, but missed the Garage the first time I came through this area. My guide says to spin the giant wheel to start the process, but I can't figure out how. I've even tried Thinning the car piles or dropping Anvils on them, nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong?

#2 Posted by katydiddd (314 posts) -

Did you free the gremlin who is the mechanic?

He is found in the same area as the Autotopia entry projector screen, atop some trees along the outer border. 

Only after you complete the entire autotopia, exit atop the guardian vacuum, and finish the final boss and game, and have seen the credits, AND free the gremlin will you be able to go to the garage machine and get the gear to spin. 

Oswald will automatically stand on the pavement and try to move the handle.

It is like a slot machine where you try to line up the colors -- orange, orange, orange.

Mickey jumps on the colored area, and the gear will spin left or right, depending how he runs.  Try to do it slowly, so Oswald can slide the handle over when an empty slot appears.

#3 Posted by Miranda822 (21 posts) -

Ah-ha! I got the gremlin from the first area, left via the Ventureland projector, then came back. The guide didn't bother to tell me that my "second visit" to Autopia needed to happen after I beat the final boss. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

#4 Posted by katydiddd (314 posts) -

You could write a book about "All The Book Doesn't Tell You."  Then, write about the bad advice it gives you.  And, about the mistakes.  And, even little things, like in one of the DECs you end up on some broken boards over a piano with a red chest.  The guide says you have to come back later when you get an anvil, to break the boards to get the chest.  What, he didn't even know to press the spin button to break cracked boards?

If you follow the guide, you are precluded from completing many quests and challenges.  And, it doesn't specify which are mutually exclusive. 

I bought the game the day it came out, a month ago on Sunday, November 18.  I had played EM1 with the guide, so I thought I would not need a guide for the basics of EM2, and did not care about the mean-spirited pins and other things. 

I got through the credits and more of my fifth "new game".  Then, I gave in a few days ago and bought the guide, because I had so many unanswered questions.  Still, no answers.

It doesn't explain Clarabelle.

Similarly, I made a statue of Oswald, only, to take a picture for Moody.  So, I did Seth's quest with only pics of Hidden Oswalds.  I have them all, but the game will not open the quest for the second and third episodes.

It doesn't explain how to actually board up the train stations, it just suddenly happens.

It doesn't mention the markings on the trees in Ventureland, that electrify something, but are not necessary for the telephones.

It doesn't explain about the train tracks under the train station. 

Most of the questions on Gamespot and GameFaqs are from people who have an inadequate guide.

And the guide gives "Special Thanks" to the makers of the game for helping them!

You could write a book.

#5 Posted by Carpess (1 posts) -

You could write a book about "All The Book Doesn't Tell You."  Then, write about the bad advice it gives you.  And, about the mistakes.  And, even little things, like in one of the DECs you end up on some broken boards over a piano with a red chest.  The guide says you have to come back later when you get an anvil, to break the boards to get the chest.  What, he didn't even know to press the spin button to break cracked boards?

If you follow the guide, you are precluded from completing many quests and challenges.  And, it doesn't specify which are mutually exclusive. 

I bought the game the day it came out, a month ago on Sunday, November 18.  I had played EM1 with the guide, so I thought I would not need a guide for the basics of EM2, and did not care about the mean-spirited pins and other things. 

I got through the credits and more of my fifth "new game".  Then, I gave in a few days ago and bought the guide, because I had so many unanswered questions.  Still, no answers.

It doesn't explain Clarabelle.

Similarly, I made a statue of Oswald, only, to take a picture for Moody.  So, I did Seth's quest with only pics of Hidden Oswalds.  I have them all, but the game will not open the quest for the second and third episodes.

It doesn't explain how to actually board up the train stations, it just suddenly happens.

It doesn't mention the markings on the trees in Ventureland, that electrify something, but are not necessary for the telephones.

Most of the questions on Gamespot and GameFaqs are from people who have an inadequate guide.

And the guide gives "Special Thanks" to the makers of the game for helping them!

You could write a book.

katydiddd
It does too explain Clarabelle if it didn't it wouldn't have covered the Horace Needs Assistant The Guide tells you how to repair the Train Stations the real way. What Markings? your not making any sense. Why does it need to explain the train tracks people know what they are. I can tell you're a troll by the way
#6 Posted by katydiddd (314 posts) -

Carpass wrote: 

"  It does too explain Clarabelle if it didn't it wouldn't have covered the Horace Needs Assistant The Guide tells you how to repair the Train Stations the real way. What Markings? your not making any sense. Why does it need to explain the train tracks people know what they are. I can tell you're a troll by the way "

Katy's reply to your academic points:

Thank you for joining us and taking the time to read and post.  You are welcome, anytime.  Unfortunately, I do not think you know enough about the game to understand what I am saying. 

Try those things, get all the Challenges, Quests, and Pins.  Then come back.

1)  CLARABELLE:  Please read the posts about getting Clarabelle to be Horace's assistant.  If you do everything in the Prima Guide Quest Section and the original IGN walkthrough, you get stuck.  You are not allowed to give the note to Horace and make Clarabelle the assistant!!!

Only after you, then, settle to make the pirate the assistant, AND  take the compase to Horace, and he says the pirate is not compassionate enough, are you allowed to get Clarabelle to be the assistant.  The Guide is wrong in its directions!

When I was stuck, I went to "trueachievements.com" and found that nobody, out of over a thousand competitive gamers, had achieved it.  So, I experimented and posted my findings.

How did you get Clarabelle to be Horace's Assistant?

2)  SHUTTER  TRAIN  STATIONS:  When you go into the game's Pause Menu, and flip to the Challenge Menu, you find that one of the Challenges is to Shutter All Four Train Stations.  Like you said, the guide tells you how to fix the stations,  BUT  it does not tell you that it is a  "JUNCTION  POINT",  where, there is a choice between paths, and if you do one, you cannot complete the Challenge for doing the other.

3)  MARKINGS  ON  TREES:  When you enter Ventureland, a tree on the right has a thinnable area with a mark underneath, and so does the next one, and one up on the upper walkway.  Those markings tell you the order to electrify electrical things on the upper walkway.  Without those markings, you cannot get a certain pin -- okay, I'll tell you -- at the bottom of the repaired Crows Nest !!!

CONCLUSION:  If you believe that the Prima Guide really competently explains these things,  AND  you have been able to successfully follow their directions and achieve the results, please cite page and paragraph.

#7 Posted by katydiddd (314 posts) -

Katy posted about the Prima Guide:

Carpass replied:
Why does it need to explain the train tracks people know what they are.

Katy responds:
In front of the Mean Street South Train Station, there is a thin-able orange ramp.
Thin it and jump down.  Going left takes you to train tracks running into the water, and a cracked wall.  There is a thinned train car and power box.

If you paint the train car and power up the box, the train car runs into the wall, and deactivates.
What do you do to get through the cracked wall?
You can go down there within minutes of getting to Mean Street South, but, at what point in the game can you accomplish the task?

My point is that  ALL  people do not know what criterion activates the area, and I do not believe the Prima Guide helps.

I hope that clears up for you why my discussion of the insufficiency of the Prima Guide included the train tracks under the train station.  I found out the hard way, and have posted the answer for people who bought the Prima Guide and could not find the answer in it.

#8 Posted by Valerie12345 (1 posts) -
So I beat all the boss's then after went back to autopia and went up to those trees and there is no gremlin so I'm wondering if because I beat all the boss's then got the quest to fix autopia if I can't fix it now? Because I went exactly where the gremlin was supposed to be but hes not there and I can't open the garage
#9 Posted by katydiddd (314 posts) -

EPIC  MICKEY  2  HAS  GLITCHES !!!

You are OK.  You could not do Autotopia until you have done all the bosses.  Even if you took the Projector Screen out and back, the game would not let you do it.

I believe that when you go to the bunch of projector screens at the end of Mean Street North, the first one on the right takes you to Autotopia.

TALK  with the lady on mean street who will give you the information about Gilda and her racing.  When you get to Autotopia, talk with Gilda to get the assignment.  Talk with any gremlin you see down in the Autotopia area.

The Trapped Gremlin is in that small area where there are two places with trees that can be cut off(thinned) to form flat platforms.  They are not regular trees that can be thinned to drop fruit.

The road circles the area, and the threes in question are outside the circle.  When the trees are flattened, then you can jump on a car and up to their tops, where there is a traditional trapped gremlin, with his golden electrified cage.

IF  BOTH  TREETOP  AREAS  ARE  EMPTY, then you have already rescued him, and he will be beside the garage area. 

On the right of the garage area were thinnable lighter brown rocks that fell to let you into the third syphon area.

The entrance to the garage is like a slot machine, where MICKEY  JUMPS  ON  TOP and moves left or right, on the top of the wheel, to start the reels moving.  Oswald will automatically slide a bar stopper in, further and further, as the wheels align (as in orange, orange, orange).

Then, the garage door, behind that upper stage area, will open automatically.

Or, I hear you can just  SPIN  AND  DESTROY  IT,  and get on with the game.