At what point is Prescot's arena Paint Path off limits?

#1 Posted by kaykeyser (14 posts) -
At what point is Prescot's arena Paint Path off limits? I'm trying to figure it out. Is it when you enter the Thinner Path projector? When you reprogram the door to get the pin above the mushroom? or when The fire works damage the building? I got the fire works down so I could get up to the roof and reprogrammed the door to open so I could get the pin and saved the game. When I turned it back on the fire works were detonated even though I didn't trigger them Im trying to pass the frustrating inadvisable ink jump thing I could never do the 1st time. I want to know is it possible to still make it even though the door appears to be closed even when Im not near it? or is the door damaged by the fire works and I can't get in now? I don't want to mess around if its too late this play threw.
#2 Posted by katydiddd (314 posts) -

When you explode 2 fireworks bombs near the crack in the house, you can no longer do the paint (balcony) path.

Before that, when you stand near the turnstile, or even go up and down the turnstile, you can see the doors open, and Alice's eyes inside -- and the projector screen.

We have a lot of tips about doing the paint path, if you would like.

#3 Posted by kaykeyser (14 posts) -
If you have links great. Im just worried the game glitched Since the house has a hole in the wall leading to the projector and I didn't make it internationally.
#4 Posted by kaykeyser (14 posts) -

When you explode 2 fireworks bombs near the crack in the house, you can no longer do the paint (balcony) path.

Before that, when you stand near the turnstile, or even go up and down the turnstile, you can see the doors open, and Alice's eyes inside -- and the projector screen.

We have a lot of tips about doing the paint path, if you would like.

katydiddd
know what I just went back, went threw the turn style and looked and the door is clearly CLOSED when Im not even near the eye even though the fire works went off only once and I didn't set them Off. Looks like the ONY way to get threw is to NEVER get the pin NEVER set off ANY fire works don't even touch the turtle. and KILL GUS for not telling me what I need to know and NAGGING me about things I know already. This game is TOO sesative about 100%ing stuff. If its even possible.
#5 Posted by katydiddd (314 posts) -

You are not alone.

The good news is that its mean-spirited developer, Warren Spector, is fired!!!

Other good news is that you sound like you either have PS3 or XBox?  With those, you do not lose your trophies / pins / film reels when you start "NEW  GAME". 

(Never  DELETE.  Only  CONTINUE, until you want to  NEW  GAME.)

With the Wii and Wii U, you can never get 100%, because fixing the train stations AND  shuttering them are mutually exclusive.  ANd, using Ghost Gilbert's fake gear unlocks 3 concept arts for sale, that you cannot get with the paint path.

At trueachievements.com there are less than 3% of competitive gamers, playing for prizes and bragging rights, who have completed 100% of the game.

#6 Posted by kaykeyser (14 posts) -
Im on Wii IF there WASa New Game Pluss I woudn't care. now I know I CAN'T 100% on the wii I won't try I'll just run 3 files my test file, my pain path and my thinner path or since its less clear I'll just change my choices with the gear and the slobbers and the captain hook part.
#7 Posted by katydiddd (314 posts) -

Mcbasilrocks and I use the Wii, too.

It is like a jig-saw puzzle that you play with, even though you know it has several missing pieces.  It took me several game slots, and games saved on an SD card, before I figured out how to do "One Toon's Trash" and a lit of nit-pickey rules.  Like, don't paint all the telephone boxes before you get the quest.  And, don't spin all the magician's hats before you get the quest.

Have fun!

#8 Posted by kaykeyser (14 posts) -
update I plaid the whole game to that point on a 3rd file. Re: the fire works don't even bring the fire works off that hand. Don't go for the pin don't reprogram any thing on the roof. This is the only way I was able to turn the game off and back on and still have the doors open as the doors locked when I reloaded a save after getting the fire works down, NOT setting ANY off, going to the roof, reprogramming the door to get the pin door to open, turning the game off, reloading it and getting the pin that extract combination made the wall next to the fire works load with the hole blown fully wide open. I did get in and well good luck fighting with out a watch sketch. I actually had the luck of Oswald doing his AI stuff properly and was able to make him fly me over that card. the watch sketch did nothing to make my ink last long or to help me pass the eye. I also tried going from the roof and dropping down from above but this only closed the door on me. on the down side I can't get any of my files to have 100% all projectors because the one I made the jump on, I messed up the gulch projector. I'll have to try spawning Oswald beyond that gate. on the up side the DEC will be easy since Im going threw it forwards. I also found out what happens when you set off fire works on the blot diorama. You solve the puzzle and the thing stops rotating, blocking you off from getting two hidden heroes, maybe 3 if you didn't get that one on the wall. If you set them off again the arms fall off but you still get the pin. I was TRYING to blow the blot replica up and see if it hid a room. Im confused by the results of this test. Also between the two games I have two different outcomes for venture land and Im taking the other rout on Moody's memories. Too bad Oswald keeps killing the beetle works before I can get there photo by the pirate ship. Why he refuses to fight when the beetle works are killing ME I'll never know. I still hate Blot Aly. 1st time threw I was all on the invisible ink till pushing that key made me loose my ink. I didn't see the new ink well in the 2nd area and trued to go running threw it with Oswald since the blotlings only hatted Mickey but they target Oswald too. So I tried just not hitting them. I ended up running mad triggering spladooshes and blowing up doors and every thing. then when you return to blot Aly to go after bunny children and missed bear parts you have spladooshes on every corner and they never open there moths since Oswald always stuns them and gus keeps nagging me how to fight them. Then the sweepers on top of that, breaking the ground up and destroying every thing.
#9 Posted by kaykeyser (14 posts) -
update I plaid the whole game to that point on a 3rd file. Re: the fire works don't even bring the fire works off that hand. Don't go for the pin don't reprogram any thing on the roof. This is the only way I was able to turn the game off and back on and still have the doors open as the doors locked when I reloaded a save after getting the fire works down, NOT setting ANY off, going to the roof, reprogramming the door to get the pin door to open, turning the game off, reloading it and getting the pin that extract combination made the wall next to the fire works load with the hole blown fully wide open. I did get in and well good luck fighting with out a watch sketch. I actually had the luck of Oswald doing his AI stuff properly and was able to make him fly me over that card. the watch sketch did nothing to make my ink last long or to help me pass the eye. I also tried going from the roof and dropping down from above but this only closed the door on me. on the down side I can't get any of my files to have 100% all projectors because the one I made the jump on, I messed up the gulch projector. I'll have to try spawning Oswald beyond that gate. on the up side the DEC will be easy since Im going threw it forwards. I also found out what happens when you set off fire works on the blot diorama. You solve the puzzle and the thing stops rotating, blocking you off from getting two hidden heroes, maybe 3 if you didn't get that one on the wall. If you set them off again the arms fall off but you still get the pin. I was TRYING to blow the blot replica up and see if it hid a room. Im confused by the results of this test. Also between the two games I have two different outcomes for venture land and Im taking the other rout on Moody's memories. Too bad Oswald keeps killing the beetle works before I can get there photo by the pirate ship. Why he refuses to fight when the beetle works are killing ME I'll never know. I still hate Blot Aly. 1st time threw I was all on the invisible ink till pushing that key made me loose my ink. I didn't see the new ink well in the 2nd area and trued to go running threw it with Oswald since the blotlings only hatted Mickey but they target Oswald too. So I tried just not hitting them. I ended up running mad triggering spladooshes and blowing up doors and every thing. then when you return to blot Aly to go after bunny children and missed bear parts you have spladooshes on every corner and they never open there moths since Oswald always stuns them and gus keeps nagging me how to fight them. Then the sweepers on top of that, breaking the ground up and destroying every thing.
#10 Posted by kaykeyser (14 posts) -
Final update on this issue on my Game file where I messed up I found out I can get the paint ending by dropping Anvils on the floor panels. I didn't have these my 1st time and the 2nd time I was on paint path this 3rd time I had the sketches and was dropping them on his head to stun him one missed and hit the panel I was like OMG the Gear! Pain it in!"
#11 Posted by katydiddd (314 posts) -

Kay wrote "on the down side I can't get any of my files to have 100% all projectors because the one I made the jump on, I messed up the gulch projector. "

The only projector that is lost forever is the Alice in Wonderland one.  You can get to all the others, either from the forward or the backward side.

- - - - -

Getting the "HEROES" photos was tough.  I did Oswald.  Then, I restricted my use of those in the "Wildcard area of Mean Street and the Underground" to Episode 3 and a few bare necessities of the other Episode Areas.  But, you do not have to get them all in the Episode Area of the Diorama, you can use the Wildcard Area, to a minimum.

In Episode 3, from Ventureland, Autotopia, to the Final Boss, there are only 2 hidden Oswalds, and you need 7.  So, you need to get the rest in the Wildcard Area of Mean Street and the Underground.  BUT, if you used up too many during the other Episodes, then you do not have 5 left.

(When you hit the PAUSE button, it tells you that Episode 1 is from Ostown to the first boss; Episode 2 is from Bog Easy to the second Boss; Episode 3 is from Ventureland to the Final Boss.)

Anyway, having a couple Hidden Heroes blocked off may not really harm you.

#12 Posted by katydiddd (314 posts) -

MOODY'S / RIGGER  GREENE'S  PIRATE  SHIP  PHOTO  REQUEST

Kay is really getting to be an expert. 

Kay wrote, "Too bad Oswald keeps killing the beetle works before I can get there photo by the pirate ship."  There are two ways to do it.  1)  Go into co-op mode move Oswald out of the way, maybe up the painted drums; 2)  Even when there are no more enemies, and the request is for enemies in front of the pirate ship, THE  CAMERA  SIGHT  STILL  TURNS  GREEN, and Gus praises the shot, and Rigger Greene accepts it.