Think I'll be able to run this game?

#1 Posted by corvette17 (9 posts) -

This game looks great but I want to make sure my laptop can run it before spending the $60.

Here's what I have:

Intel Core i7 CPU

Q 720 @ 1.60GHz (8 CPUs)

6GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 6570M/5700

Think I'll be able to run it? I know my laptop wont run it on high settings but will it be able to run it on low/medium settings?

#2 Posted by fanirama (926 posts) -
Not sure but try canirunit.com or system requirements lab. I have a Q6600/nvidia GTX 560Ti/2GB DDR2 RAM and I think I may be able to barely run it but run it nonetheless. However, my Asus ROG laptop can run it I reckon.
#3 Posted by antoniobandino (955 posts) -
I think you'll definitely be able to play it on low/medium settings just fine. It's not even remotely taxing on my 6850 which was a sub-$120 graphics card when I picked it up...can max it out at a steady 60fps. The Q720 seems kind of goofy, since I highly doubt the game can tap into more than four cores but meh, I'd be shocked if it wasn't fully playable.
#4 Posted by AlucardZ909 (325 posts) -
I think you'll be fine. You've got more speed than me but as for AMD cards I'm not that experienced but I know mine, according to canyourunit.com, is below minimum requirements and yet I'm running this game on high settings.
#5 Posted by darkxsky86 (109 posts) -

Canyourunit just gives you a very general idea if you can or cannot run it. I failed the test yet it ran flawlessly at max fps. It failed cuz it says my GTS 450 is too weak but Im running 2 GTS 450 in SLI and it never lags nor stutters. I would take what they say with a grain of salt because there hasn't been a single game that I couldn't run at max/high settings so far with this setup. You never know until you give it a try although its a shame there is no demo.

#6 Posted by jonsono2 (156 posts) -
I totally fail to reach the minimum system req. However I got the game anyway, and I play pretty smoothly at 720p with high textures, high models, and with light shafts without any AA. It's a really easy to run game.