PS3 owners should boycott Dishonored

#1 Posted by f1elds (27 posts) -

weather or not you love or hate skyrim or fallout series for that matter us ps3 owners have been getting a raw deal from bethesda for years and skyrim being the last straw. if not the fact that dawnguard has not been released as yet pisses me off ,but what hits the spot is bethesda has totally left us in the dark this entire time except for some lame excuse of a statment. for this reason being i can not support a company that is obvious to me does not care about ps3 owners.

#2 Posted by CaptainScrubby (346 posts) -

Blame SONY for charging $600 for a console.

#3 Posted by leviathanwing (5970 posts) -

one has nothing to do with the other... if anything microbox360 has paid for exclusives and time exclusives.

#4 Posted by Undead_Yakuza (222 posts) -

Don't be stupid. This is an original IP by Arkane, and they have actually tried to create a game that is original. If you choose to not support the ps3 version of Dishonored you are doing several things: 

1. Not buying the game at all sends a message that this kind of orginal game is not profitable, and as a result we will not be getting these kinds of games in the future. 

2. Boycotting the ps3 version sends the message that publishing/pritoritizing the ps3 version is not profitable, and as a result you are showing Bethesda that they should simply continue ignoring the ps3 playerbase, as it is simply too small in comparison to the xbox 360. This also means that future dlc will not be a priority on the ps3. 

In the end, don't punish Arkane for creating a cool and unique game. If you want to punish Bethesda then boycott the next game actually DEVELOPED by Bethesda. 

I will be getting Dishonored for the ps3, and I'm looking forward to playing it. 

#5 Posted by Smoothus (979 posts) -

Dishonored is shaping up to be a gem of a game. Missing out because of some personal grudge against a company seems well, rather silly.

#6 Posted by lievejax (4 posts) -
[QUOTE="Undead_Yakuza"]

Don't be stupid. This is an original IP by Arkane, and they have actually tried to create a game that is original. If you choose to not support the ps3 version of Dishonored you are doing several things: 

1. Not buying the game at all sends a message that this kind of orginal game is not profitable, and as a result we will not be getting these kinds of games in the future. 

2. Boycotting the ps3 version sends the message that publishing/pritoritizing the ps3 version is not profitable, and as a result you are showing Bethesda that they should simply continue ignoring the ps3 playerbase, as it is simply too small in comparison to the xbox 360. This also means that future dlc will not be a priority on the ps3. 

In the end, don't punish Arkane for creating a cool and unique game. If you want to punish Bethesda then boycott the next game actually DEVELOPED by Bethesda. 

I will be getting Dishonored for the ps3, and I'm looking forward to playing it. 

AMEN! indeed, dont punish Akrane for the foults Bethedsa makes. Dishonered runs on Unreal 3 engine, so im not that worried, mostly U3-engine games run well on PS3
#7 Posted by f1elds (27 posts) -

i will reserve my comments after the review for ps3 then let me see what you guys will finally open your eyes about this company treatment to ps3 owners.

#8 Posted by Da_Don_Mega (131 posts) -

If you dont like the fact that in your opinion PS3 is always in you words "getting a raw deal" either go buy an Xbox or learn to live with the situation and quit complaining! You made the choice to by PS3 over Xbox, DEAL WITH IT.

#9 Posted by ShadowKill_6935 (1 posts) -
I'm with this guy. Bethesda's just publishing the game, not creating it. And although it does suck that we have to wait longer for Skyrim's DLC, that's probably due to the fact that Microsoft is paying for exclusives like the guy above said.
#10 Posted by DaDumb1 (3844 posts) -

i will reserve my comments after the review for ps3 then let me see what you guys will finally open your eyes about this company treatment to ps3 owners.

f1elds

Which company? Arkane? You know, the ones actually MAKING the game? I don't seem to remember them having a bad track record with PS3 development.

#11 Posted by Frosty192 (1054 posts) -

CaptainScrubby

You know back in the day when the PS3 was released the CHEAPEST blu ray player you could get was $1200-$2000. So the system was actually a pretty damn good deal. So your comment was ignorant and just plain stupid, please go back under your bridge.

#12 Posted by NuclearFlower (575 posts) -
Oh how cute, he actually believes Bethesda is developing this game. They have nothing to do with it other than publishing, why are so many people mislead about the devs of this game? So much idiocy.
#13 Posted by darkMavisp (1 posts) -

Don't know all the facts, but I know there's lots of rumour.  I smile when PC gamers inform me that the PS3 hardware can't cope.

This comment hints that Bethesda are having problems coding for the PS3 and don't wish to release a product that will make their reputation for below par quality PS3 games (I love Fallout 3, but blimey doesn't it crash enough) any worse.

#14 Posted by Kickable (1097 posts) -
UndeadYakuza just put way too much sense for one post in a place like Gamespot forums
#15 Posted by Roanark (2467 posts) -

Don't blame Bethesda for Sony's shoddy console. 

#16 Posted by q-bert39 (137 posts) -

Better yet, buy a PC and be 5 generations ahead of the next generation consoles.

#17 Posted by Arkady_Husky (1652 posts) -

Good idea. Publishers have a hard time getting their games to run on the PS3's architecture. Boycott games and instead of getting buggy, frame-rate-issue piles of poo, you'll get...nothing at all.

#18 Posted by Marine122 (68 posts) -

Sony's shoddy console? PS3 is far ahead of the Wii and the Xbox 360 in terms of hardware and mechanics, the price when it came out ofcourse is what killed it, but your paying what 500-600 dollars for a machine that had all top of the generation hardware I mean a 1st Gen blu-ray player that were going around for 1500-2000 dollars or the SSD drive that runs at top speed. I dont remember the xbox having a wireless onboard network card that you had to spend 150 dollars for extra or the fact that it only works with HD-DVD. PS3 is also superior in software, the fact that you could take OFW and turn it into a linux machine was infact a beast system (they took it out though in future updates) . The PS3 YLOD happened on a lower percentage than the Xbox 360 RROD's death bed with the first gen xbox 360s.

And dont even get me started on Wii.

#19 Posted by DrRabbi (2 posts) -

This is the most retarded thing I've heard since the first debate. Do you think Bethesda goes specifaclly after the PS3 to attack? NO, you brain dead morons. Dishonored is a new and unique IP from Arkane Studios, and PUBLISHED by Bethesda. So all you're doing is 'boycotting' the actual studio who made this fine game. You should be ashamed of your idiocracy.

#20 Posted by ITLM16 (121 posts) -

i used to support bethesda because they made good games but for i cannot bear the idea of playing any of bethesda games since i only own a ps3 and never play pc game

1)i know arkane may not be bethesda but they are with bethesda and they all work together, and for me bethesda cares very little for ps3 gamers since the console was first release and i have had enough of them screwing us ps3 gamers over

2) to say that the ps3 is difficult to work with is the poorest and lamest excuse i have been hearing for some time, if the ps3 was so difficult to develop on than why are they so many other big ported great games working perfectly fine on the ps3. Bethesda have had years with the ps3 just like every other developer but bethesda still messing up, sorry but for a big developer such as bethesda this should not be happening especially at this scale

3) bethesda have alway lied about their games being glitch free at launch and i will never believe another word they say again and skyrim was the last straw for me

I am not saying i will never play their games ever again but for now i will not be supporting them and if i see a game i would like to try out from bethesda then i will buy a second hand copy so i can play whilst not giving bethesda any of my money; and i will not recommend any of their games to my friends but instead recommend my friends not to bother with bethesda games.

#21 Posted by ryangcnx-2 (1286 posts) -

Sony's shoddy console? PS3 is far ahead of the Wii and the Xbox 360 in terms of hardware and mechanics, the price when it came out ofcourse is what killed it, but your paying what 500-600 dollars for a machine that had all top of the generation hardware I mean a 1st Gen blu-ray player that were going around for 1500-2000 dollars or the SSD drive that runs at top speed. I dont remember the xbox having a wireless onboard network card that you had to spend 150 dollars for extra or the fact that it only works with HD-DVD. PS3 is also superior in software, the fact that you could take OFW and turn it into a linux machine was infact a beast system (they took it out though in future updates) . The PS3 YLOD happened on a lower percentage than the Xbox 360 RROD's death bed with the first gen xbox 360s.

Marine122

Please don't tell me you actually think that the PS3 comes with a SSD drive...

#22 Posted by angry-slavicboy (30 posts) -

This is the most pathetic, annoying, hilarious, and embaressing thing i have ever read in the fan boy category. You take it personal that a games studio didn't release a DLC for YOU. And that makes them bad, doesn't it, you entitled little princess.

You only made this thread because you are in your teen years. You feel like the most important thing in the world. And your hormones make you feel personally invested in what a billion dollar game studio didn't deliver to you, on your silver platter next to your hot cocoa. Just go F your mother.

You are uninformed on this;

1: Bathesda didn't make this game. They are involved in it as much as Atlantic Records (or whatever) was involved in The Marshall Mathers LP. In that they pretty much buy the carboard boxes that the game is shipped in so Arkane doesn't have to, and they pay the truckers.

2: Dawnguard is the worst DLC out of all DLCs for any game ever. -- Awww S*** no, U DIN'T

It stinks and you stink and Dishonored is the Chuck Norris of video games.

#23 Posted by ChickenCrimpy (9 posts) -

Agreed Yakuza. This is a silly thread. If we boycott original devs then all we will be left with is the COD's and Halo's. Even they get boring after a while.

#24 Posted by Arsyad00 (393 posts) -

but i don`t have xbox360 to play diz :(

#25 Posted by SnakeEyesX80 (2134 posts) -

Undead_Yakuza

I absolutely, 100% agree with you. It's silly when people start shouting for a boycott when it wouldn't solve anything and would in all acutality make things far worse. As you'd said, Bethesda didn't develope this game, so you're not punishing them by not purchasing it (well you might barely -probably not even noticably- make their quarterly earnings dip for their investors), you're punishing Arkane for being creative and at least trying something new with a well worn genre.

Who cares about the Dawnguard DLC (20hr expansion with Vampires!!11!1!!! :\ ), New Vegas buginess (the game was mediocre regardless). If you're that hung up on "BETHESDA"made games (not published), I'd suggest investing in a X360 then, because I wouldn't really count on them getting the ***t together this gen on the PS3. I mean we're 6 years into the PS3's life cycle and there's still pubs/devs having problems with the hardware!? Give me a break, sounds like a complete copout and an easy excuse.

I will be picking up Dishonored today for the PS3. From the comparison video I watched, the PS3 has slightly better textures, even though the shadows are a tiny biy more "jaggy", which you hardly can notice. Other than that it looks almost identical to the X360. To be honest though, the colours on the X360 look A LOT more washed out and seem more vibrant on PS3.

#26 Posted by ztg360 (276 posts) -

Yes, because posting a random forum topic on just one gaming sight will get every single ps3 owner to boycott it and it will destroy bethesda as we know it...Oh wait it won't do anything thing other than make you look ignorant.  Blame the fact that sony decided it would be a good idea to set-up the ps3 with a different format for their console in contrast to the wii, 360, and pcs...this is purely sony's fault in the fact that they wanted to be different and by doing so screwed their fans

#27 Posted by fbhbankai (28 posts) -

This game is not even made by Bethesda, it's made by arcane production and just PUBLISHED by bethesda.

And besides, the games already has a FaceOff in Digital Foundry and it seems it looks and plays mostly the same of both consoles with the PS3 version only haveing a bit more screen tearing than the 360 version.

#28 Posted by S0ulReav3r (24 posts) -

Instead of boycotting this game i suggest a petition to finally fix skyrim once and for all and force beth to get better testing and porting teams in the future. I mean now that this game is released (and hopefully more bug free than skyrim) i bet that there are free dev teams in beth that can fix skyrim's issues in a couple of weeks. If the petition fails then boycott their products, Its better to miss out a game then to pay for a broken one that still has issues almost a year after release. Devs should go back to releasing bug free games that will get patched only if necessary (minor issues)

#29 Posted by acw18 (70 posts) -

Honestly I am ok with Bethesda ignoring Sony as much as possible. Afterall, they have been and still are slowly but surely killing the video game industry with their corporate bulls***. They deserve all of the crap they get. And no, I am not an XBox player, I play no consoles anymore actually, but it doesn't take much to see all the crap that Sony is doing to make video games less about the consumer and more about the stockholder.

#30 Posted by jchc_underoath (158 posts) -

Hard for me to relate with the TC. I bought my 360 first. About a year later, I bought a PS3 because, as someone said earlier, it was the cheapest Blu Ray player around. Plus, MGS4 is one of the best games ever. It's been what, 8 years since these consoles were released and you still only have a PS3?

#31 Posted by ddrfreak62 (84 posts) -

I have it on ps3 and its great. I own both the Xbox and ps3 and just flipped a coin on this one. Doesn't seem to be any better on one than the other. they didn't make this game either, just published it.

#32 Posted by ddrfreak62 (84 posts) -
  • Also wtf the console wars are over Jesus. Just play games and stop worrying about what system it's Foch. It's getting to be extremely childish. I mean we're over 7 Years into this console cycle and people are still trolling.
#33 Posted by UWantFryzWitDat (1205 posts) -

CaptainScrubby
I'm trying to make sense of what you said, but I feel it's impossible. Please explain.
#34 Posted by KentuckyKid220 (40 posts) -

Marine122
1)PS3 Far ahead of xbox? Please, you barely have enough RAM to get a dlc running. 2) You would only see the difference between BRAY and dvd with a telescope. 3) Superior in software? Lol laggy peice of a cluster*beep* menu, hacked every 12.5 seconds Please, my PC is generations ahead of the PS4 I7 2600k (Overclocking soon) 3.8GHZ 16GB RAM (Generations more than your Toy) GTX 680 (Generations more powerful than you toy) 60GB SSD | 2.5TB HDD (Storage) I would have it less spec'd but im a graphic designer. tldr; PC->XBOX->REST I mean atleast the xbox has some decent exclusives instead of the anime BS.