Dunwall City Trials better than expected

#1 Posted by PetJel (3724 posts) -

It has a lot of content, variety, gallery unlocks and high replayability because of RNG and bonus rounds.

It remindedme of MGS VR missions if anything. (even though it's not THAT huge, but varietywise)

It honestly is really fun and I totally consider it a steal at 5,-.

#2 Posted by PetJel (3724 posts) -
For those that don't know it has stealth scenario's, combat scenario's, running scenario's and puzzle scenario's. There are 10 different 'games', and most of them consist of up to 6 rounds. For example there is a map where you have to steal 6 items from a 4 floor mansion filled with guards and hidden rooms, there is running trial with powers, there is a puzzle map where you have to kill all enemies in a single slow-time, etc.
#3 Posted by gMcR (216 posts) -

Wasn't it supposed to expand on the story?

#4 Posted by gstaffBethesda (2 posts) -

We're working on two story-based DLCs planned for next year.

#5 Posted by gMcR (216 posts) -

We're working on two story-based DLCs planned for next year.

gstaffBethesda

Oh ok. Looking forward to it!

#7 Posted by rasputin177 (2486 posts) -

Does it add any runes or bonecharms to your character? Can you play it before you end the game?

#9 Posted by CKeenan07 (10 posts) -

Awesomeness. I just got this game and have been immersed in the city of Dunwall all weekend. I was curious about these trials and now I am def getting this DLC as soon as I finish the story. Thanks.

#10 Posted by Wren28 (27811 posts) -

Does it add any runes or bonecharms to your character? Can you play it before you end the game?

rasputin177

No it doesn't add any runes/bone charms. I find it useful for getting used to the controls and different kills, and trying to stay unnoticed by guards...good practise for getting ghost and other achievements/trophies. 

I have been really enjoying the DLC.