Don't Insult this game by comparing it to the Overated Bioshock

#1 Posted by SavageWolverine (77 posts) -

This game is really nothing like bioshock.

Yes I know that perhaps the art design and magic could be associated to it but the actual game is nothing like that overated bioshock.

This game is more like the Deus Ex.

The reason I say this is because of how the game plays, with the stealth and real open enviorments and the choice in combat.(crossbow brings memories)

Unlike bioshock, which really wasn't open like deus ex or dishonored and the combat was abysmal compared to them(Their is oil on the floor, let me guess what I should use?Bioshock felt so scripted)..The so called "openess" of bioshock was an illusion, it felt like a really linear game to me....sadly you new gamers can't tell the difference.

Dishonored storyline isn't great but at least it isn't garbage like bioshock, where you get the whole story from stupid voice diaries....Not to mention the so called twist in the story was seen a mile away.

So yeah please stop insulting this game and saying is like bioshock.

Say is like Deus Ex instead...A true amazing game.

inb4 all the n00bs who think bioshock was amazing come here and act all elitist.

#2 Posted by 2bitSmOkEy (2713 posts) -

Both Dishonored and Bioshock are excellent games? And if you really want to get all elitist about it, go play System Shock 2 and Thief 2.

#3 Posted by actiongamer1985 (250 posts) -
In my opinion dishonored, bioshock 1, deus ex human revolution, and any thief game are outstanding. I should try system shock at some point.
#4 Posted by SythisTaru (567 posts) -

This game is really nothing like bioshock.

Yes I know that perhaps the art design and magic could be associated to it but the actual game is nothing like that overated bioshock.

This game is more like the Deus Ex.

The reason I say this is because of how the game plays, with the stealth and real open enviorments and the choice in combat.(crossbow brings memories)

Unlike bioshock, which really wasn't open like deus ex or dishonored and the combat was abysmal compared to them(Their is oil on the floor, let me guess what I should use?Bioshock felt so scripted)..The so called "openess" of bioshock was an illusion, it felt like a really linear game to me....sadly you new gamers can't tell the difference.

Dishonored storyline isn't great but at least it isn't garbage like bioshock, where you get the whole story from stupid voice diaries....Not to mention the so called twist in the story was seen a mile away.

So yeah please stop insulting this game and saying is like bioshock.

Say is like Deus Ex instead...A true amazing game.

inb4 all the n00bs who think bioshock was amazing come here and act all elitist.

SavageWolverine

Lol. Not sure how to even respond to this. 

#5 Posted by SavageWolverine (77 posts) -

In my opinion dishonored, bioshock 1, deus ex human revolution, and any thief game are outstanding. I should try system shock at some point.actiongamer1985

That is your opinion....Bioshock is average at best

The gameplay sucked compared to dishonored and Deus ex.

The story sucked...bunch of audio tapes.

Bioshock should never be mentioned with greats like Deus Ex or even dishonored

#6 Posted by 2bitSmOkEy (2713 posts) -

[QUOTE="actiongamer1985"]In my opinion dishonored, bioshock 1, deus ex human revolution, and any thief game are outstanding. I should try system shock at some point.SavageWolverine

I'll agree that Deus Ex and Dishonored are a step above Bioshock but that doesn't make it average, not even close.  Especially these days....

#7 Posted by blueskyy_blue (12 posts) -
Well, you're not alone. I think Bioshock was overrated too. I would never buy another Bioshock title. I would never play another Bioshock title even if I somehow got one for free. That's how much I dislike Bioshock. Same with GTA IV, which coincidentally is right at the top of my no-no-list.
#8 Posted by with_teeth26 (6190 posts) -

[QUOTE="SavageWolverine"]

[QUOTE="actiongamer1985"]In my opinion dishonored, bioshock 1, deus ex human revolution, and any thief game are outstanding. I should try system shock at some point.2bitSmOkEy

I'll agree that Deus Ex and Dishonored are a step above Bioshock but that doesn't make it average, not even close.  Especially these days....

Bioshock has a better-than-average story and setting with slightly worse than average gameplay. 

Its above average in some ways but not in others. 

#9 Posted by jngbb (1593 posts) -
I thought the storyline for Bioshock was excellent, but I got bored with the gameplay. I usually will take the trade of gameplay for a great story. I love the story for Dishonored and I love how you can treat each mission in a different way. As far as Deus Ex goes, I got bored with that too, but because of the artocious takedown system that required energy cells and I thought the gameplay was lacking. I guess I expected too much from it having fond memories of Invisible War.
#10 Posted by q-bert39 (137 posts) -

Bioshock >>>> Dishonored in my book. Deus Ex HR was better than dishonored too. Dishonored wasnt at all special to me. The stealth mechanics are poor, the story is boring and predictable, and the world is shallow. They basically took a whole bunch of ideas from a whole bunch of great games and threw them into a blender. Bioshock's world was way more interesting, and definetly more original than dishonored. As far as gameplay, i guess they are both pretty equal, which is bad, because dishonored is supposed to be a stealth game.

#11 Posted by Drew1333 (40 posts) -

[QUOTE="actiongamer1985"]In my opinion dishonored, bioshock 1, deus ex human revolution, and any thief game are outstanding. I should try system shock at some point.SavageWolverine

and that is YOUR opinion....just saying.

#12 Posted by actiongamer1985 (250 posts) -
I'm surprised that people are mentioning how they hate bioshock and GTA 4 ITT. I thought the game people in this thread whom like creative unique IP's like dishonored would be any Call of Duty game especially since those games are 100 times worse for the future of the game industry than Bioshock or GTA 4.
#13 Posted by actiongamer1985 (250 posts) -
I meant call of duty being the game that people hate the most.
#14 Posted by noize_suppress (101 posts) -

Dishonored>>>Deus Ex HR>>>Bioshock Bioshock has a good atompshere and setting and is a decent game but is way overrated.

#15 Posted by Mikey2K10 (115 posts) -

And that is your opinion, too. BioShock is phenomenal.

#16 Posted by wizardboyus (98 posts) -

the only way you can say dishonored has bland gameplay is if YOU have a bland IMAGINATION. with these kind of games, they want players to make their own set piece moments, if you're so retarded that you need linear gameplay sequences to provide excitement for you, then go back to those type of games i.e. COD