Dishonoured > Dishonored

#1 Posted by Avenged_Plague (367 posts) -

Why isn't this called Dishonoured (with a U) outside of the US? It doesn't look right, just like Medal of Honor

#2 Posted by alex_1889 (463 posts) -

Does having a pedantic- sorry, a prescriptivist attitude towards such a meaningless spelling deviation give you a feeling of intellectual superiority?

It's a title of a game and no meaning is lost over the alternative spelling. We can get over it, assuming you think there's anything to get over.

#3 Posted by Avenged_Plague (367 posts) -

Does having a pedantic- sorry, a prescriptivist attitude towards such a meaningless spelling deviation give you a feeling of intellectual superiority?

It's a title of a game and no meaning is lost over the alternative spelling. We can get over it, assuming you think there's anything to get over.

alex_1889
It's the fact that they can't even be bothered renaming it for people who speak international/UK English, so why should I bother supporting them, they don't even care about most of the world. Doubt it'll be any good on PS3 either, just like every other Bethesda game, which is very disappointing :(
#4 Posted by Succumbus (597 posts) -
I don't see anyone freaking out about names like Crysis...? Oh wait, that's right, because the developers get to call it what they want. Not catering to sensitive anti-US antagonists who jump at the chance to speak out against any word that's not served to them on a silver platter. Grow up.
#5 Posted by Avenged_Plague (367 posts) -
[QUOTE="Succumbus"]I don't see anyone freaking out about names like Crysis...? Oh wait, that's right, because the developers get to call it what they want. Not catering to sensitive anti-US antagonists who jump at the chance to speak out against any word that's not served to them on a silver platter. Grow up.

Crysis is different. It's misspelled on purpose. Bethesda not renaming Dishonored to Dishonoured to non-americans is just plain lazy and careless.
#6 Posted by 6matt6 (9724 posts) -
[QUOTE="Avenged_Plague"][QUOTE="Succumbus"]I don't see anyone freaking out about names like Crysis...? Oh wait, that's right, because the developers get to call it what they want. Not catering to sensitive anti-US antagonists who jump at the chance to speak out against any word that's not served to them on a silver platter. Grow up.

Crysis is different. It's misspelled on purpose. Bethesda not renaming Dishonored to Dishonoured to non-americans is just plain lazy and careless.

Or maybe they just don't think its that important because only spastic man-children would bother to complain about a US-developed game having US spelling. I was born and raised in London btw.
#7 Posted by lucifer3999 (2319 posts) -
Dishonored is a name of a game that's been trademarked and has its own logo and everything. Its not just a word. They might as well translate the word in different launguages and trademark all of them
#8 Posted by NuclearFlower (575 posts) -
Really people? You fall for an obvious troll attempt like this?
#9 Posted by True_Chaos_UK (2570 posts) -

Gears of War Judgment I find a little anoying, I need that second e to remain calm while I curb stomp locusts god damit!

#10 Posted by angry-slavicboy (30 posts) -

ENGLISH, MOTHER F-ER - DO YOU SPEAK IT?!??

#11 Posted by FlankerDFMax (1777 posts) -

Well! I for one; am incensed...................no; make that INCENSED by the fact these dumb dweeb developers (I hope I didn't upset anyone by using too many d words in a row) did not use ANY of my favorite colors on the box cover! **** all insensitive louts to consume Star Schmucks Lattes for all eternity!!!!!

Wait a minute! This is the prefect opportuity to take my (dare I say it?) "revenge" on the developers for so casually dismissing my refined sense of rightness?!

#12 Posted by dunnuck (4728 posts) -

Are you serious? It cost money. Why spend more money just to add a single letter? Why reserve the rights to a version of the title with a U in it? This guy makes me laugh :)

#13 Posted by realguitarhero5 (3903 posts) -

I'm upset that Architects didn't call their song "These Colors Don't Run" instead of "These Colours Don't Run" for the US market

I am also upset that City and Colour doesn't call themselves City and Color when touring in America

#14 Posted by phillyeagles123 (76 posts) -

Because who gives a flying ****

#15 Posted by Kickable (1097 posts) -
I don't buy that you're serious. Just in case though, it's the title of something it doesn't have to follow any kind of guidelines set by anyone but the creators.
#16 Posted by MamaMiia (580 posts) -

I'm just really angry that when I was naming my children, "Corvo" wasn't in the baby name book.

#17 Posted by Avenged_Plague (367 posts) -

I'm upset that Architects didn't call their song "These Colors Don't Run" instead of "These Colours Don't Run" for the US market

I am also upset that City and Colour doesn't call themselves City and Color when touring in America

realguitarhero5
Architects <3
#18 Posted by SongeeX (233 posts) -

Honor, Color > Honour, Colour, nuff said

#19 Posted by Avenged_Plague (367 posts) -

Honor, Color > Honour, Colour, nuff said

SongeeX
LIES
#20 Posted by Inferman (23 posts) -

Why isn't this called Dishonoured (with a U) outside of the US? It pisses me off, just like Medal of Honor (should be Honour)...

Avenged_Plague
Yeah, and Diablo should have been called Devil here in the states. lololololool
#21 Posted by trd_matrix000 (175 posts) -

I guess the U will have to wait for the Wii-u version... 

#22 Posted by DamnILoveGames (139 posts) -
Yes. Damn the developers to hell for not adding in a U. What unholy and blasphemous thoughts were going through their minds? "I know. Let's not add in a U for the countries outside the USA...MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA! THEY'LL NEVER LIVE IT DOWN!". But seriously why do you care? If you take offence from spelling on the box art you might want to consider getting help. And in case you want to use the "Yeah well you're probably an American, too" line, I'll have you know I'm English and my hometown is Hull.
#23 Posted by matman01 (1 posts) -

I agree that Bathesda can call the game whatever they want, and it is way more important how the game plays. But just for the record, the cost of renaming it outside the US would be negligeable compared to all the other internationalisation costs (text translation, alternative voice tracks, even checking character gestures for offensive meaning in other countries!).

#24 Posted by ninjakreborn (37 posts) -

I agree that Bathesda can call the game whatever they want, and it is way more important how the game plays. But just for the record, the cost of renaming it outside the US would be negligeable compared to all the other internationalisation costs (text translation, alternative voice tracks, even checking character gestures for offensive meaning in other countries!).

matman01
Bethesda didn't name it. This game was developed (100%) by a different company, not by Bethesda. All they did was "Publish" it. It was not developed, named, or created by Bethesday at all.
#25 Posted by lorddonk (100 posts) -

Why isn't this called Dishonoured (with a U) outside of the US? It doesn't look right, just like Medal of Honor

Avenged_Plague

You're an idiout.