Can I run this? How well?

#1 Posted by TKenniston (2 posts) -
I have an Asus K53TA-BBR6 laptop and right now I'm running CS:GO on highest settings and Deus Ex: HR on med/high settings without overclocking. I would like to buy Dishonored for PC, but if I cant run it on at least medium settings I will just get it for xbox 360. Also, do you think I will have to overclock the GPU? These are the specs: Quad-core AMD A-Series processor A6-3400M 1.4 GHz ( features accelerated performance with peak speeds up to 2.3GHz) 4GB DDR3 memory (I added 4GB so now 8 total) 15.6 LED-backlit high-definition widescreen display with 1366 x 768 resolution AMD Radeon HD 6650M If anyone could share any insight it would be greatly appreciated. I have very little knowledge of computers so I rely on the kindness and collective knowledge of the gaming community for direction. Thank you for your time.
#2 Posted by PetJel (3724 posts) -
I've read about really old pc's (geforce 8800 style) running this game at 20-30 fps, this in combination with the incredibly smooth exprience I have maxing it I would say it runs fairly well on your machine. Please note this is just a guess from my side, and I could be wrong. I own a console too but playing this on the pc feels just right. Get it in any case, the game is amazing.
#3 Posted by TKenniston (2 posts) -
Thanks for the advice, I'm going to buy as soon as I finish Deus Ex.
#4 Posted by Qixote (10755 posts) -

I've read about really old pc's (geforce 8800 style) running this gamePetJel
This is correct. My 8800 GTX runs it very well, with all settings maxed at 1080. My build is 5 years old ("Crysis" build), and Dishonored is definitely not as demanding as Crysis was; not even close. I was first worried about getting this game, seeing how they didn't include the 8800 in the minimum specs. But their specs are somewhat dishonest and definately deceiving. Although the GTX has 768mb vram, while the other 8800 versions have only 512. I suspect my 8800 GTX will continue to be able to play new pc games well, as it always has been, until the next gen consoles are released and when pc developers begin developing for 64-bit systems as minimum specs.

#5 Posted by ninjakreborn (37 posts) -
This game isn't too bad on the system. I use an Alienware, but I just loaded up an older Toshiba (for the purpose of testing out your question) and it ran fine. That one is very old, and runs off a burnt out old fan so it's only powered by one cooling fan. To give you an idea, it overheats and shuts down after a half hour on world of warcraft. I finished the first 2 missions on it with no issues. So you should have no issues.
#6 Posted by blastmaster2k2 (382 posts) -

The game is well optimized as it should be considering it's running on the unreal 3 engine, I believe.