Anyone else feel that Arkane should make the next Thief game?

#1 Posted by SnakeEyesX80 (2134 posts) -

Playing through Dishonored stealthily reminds me a lot of the old Thief games (sneaking through places stealing stuff, leaning around corners, sneaking up on and dispatching unsuspecting guards, etc.), except more badass! Dishonored is awesome!

#2 Posted by ddrfreak62 (84 posts) -

Well some of the people that made this game also developed a game in the thief series. Although I will say thief is a lot harder, AND more in depth. Different types of arrows too dispatch enemies and disable torches for example.

#3 Posted by Jacanuk (5479 posts) -

Well some of the people that made this game also developed a game in the thief series. Although I will say thief is a lot harder, AND more in depth. Different types of arrows too dispatch enemies and disable torches for example.

ddrfreak62
Stop playing the game on easy then :D try playing Dishonored on very hard and it beats the old theif game.
#4 Posted by geosurface (36 posts) -

The original Thief is my favorite game ever, as my avatar may indicate.

I am greatly looking forward to future Thief games, but not really expecting them to hold a candle to the original. Still, hoping they'll be good in their own way.

I'm plodding through Dishonored, not as taken with it as I'd hoped... I loved Arx Fatalis. This is sort of... well it feels too derivitive and kinda stale. It's alright, but it's definitely not a 9/10 IMO. Regretting dropping the full $60 on it.

#5 Posted by Qixote (10775 posts) -

Dishonored certainly oozes with Thief tributes obviously intended for fans of the first two.  Noticeble everywhere in graphics, dialogue, play style, among other little details.  Still, overall it came up short trying to capture the mystique and immersiveness that Thief did so well.  And Corvo had zero personality while Garrett had tons.  But I still enjoyed Dishonored; I even liked it more than Thief: Deadly Shadows.