User Rating: 7.5 | Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII PS2
Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerebus

First of all, ignore the bad reviews. This game is good, and I mean fun! It has everything you would want for a solid FFVII licensed game.

First of all the graphics. They are about average, nothing superfical but they still get the job done, they seem like Final Fantasy X's graphics, just a tad bit refined, the enviroments are beautiful. The only problem is, the character models can seem bland at times, but that's okay. The CG graphics are amazing, Advent Children style. The graphics though are about average.. nothing superficial, yet they are still nice to look at.

The sound. The sound is amazing, it has great sound effects, excellent voice acting, great music. Two great perfromances from Gackt, which love him or hate him, his songs were pretty a nice touch. I actually hate the jrock-jpop scene but the songs really went along with the game. I LOVED the voice acting, finally SE used the same team behind Advent Children and the voice actors actually did a better job than the movie.

The story. I just LOVE this story, this story almost matches up to the magnitude of Final Fantasy VII, it is very indepth, a bit short but unlike Advent Children this plot was very existent and too the point where it had the epic feeling that Final Fantasy VII had. The story is well fletched out, it takes a save the world approach to a new level, the villains in this story are great, and it features one of the best heros of all times Vincent against some really memorable villains. The story is short but amazing. It also goes into detail about Vincents past.

The gameplay. It is rather generic yet it's fun. The game is rather easy yet the game has a fun fighting system, it's a shooter game so the combat is very fun, yet it does get reptitve at times, it's just complete fun, and it plays like a run and gun with excellent storytelling.

Bottom line: Atleast give it a rent. It got a 6/10 probably because of the gameplay, but I think the story is worth playing through even if it does feel generic, it's defintly worth the purchase or atleast a rent.Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerebus