Terrible game. Disappointed in Blizzard.

• 57 results
#1 Posted by wilwil13 (1 posts) -
I'm not afraid to say it... this game sucks. When I first started playing and noticed the graphics were bad (worse than WoW) I was mortified. All this time to develop Diablo 3 and it looks like crap? Ouch. As I played through the quests I discovered disappointment after disappointment: -Overly simplified skill tree/character builds -You can't search for games it just kind of throws you into a random "public game" -2 Mouse clicks and 4 hotkeys? That's it? -Its not addictive at all, in fact it feels like a chore. The only positive about this game is that I won't waste hours of my life playing it. Makes me wish they would release another expansion for Diablo 2. Max Payne here I come....
#2 Posted by HarryOsborn (373 posts) -

yeah there is no way in hell this game can compete how diablo 2 felt back in the day, starting town is HORRIBLE it reminds me of something I would have made in starcraft back in the day. Anyone who thinks this comes close to diablo 2 is delusional. No games list and titles ruin the game completely, theres NO COMMUNITY, its basically a SINGLE PLAYER game now with other people playing it with you.

#3 Posted by bigb21 (15 posts) -

so the game is not worth purchasing? I had such high hopes I still wanna try it but keep reading terrible reviews...

#4 Posted by HarryOsborn (373 posts) -

its probably worth purchasing but it doesnt come close to what diablo 2 did back in 2000

#5 Posted by Kintaro_Oe_25 (677 posts) -

Don't listen to these people, the game is awesome.

If you are expecting it to be exactly like DIablo 2 in EVERY WAY you might cry about it, but it is the most fun I've had with a game in quite some time.

#6 Posted by MirkoS77 (7118 posts) -

The nostalgia is strong in here.

I'm loving the game.  Started with the Monk and got to the second act, and I just started the Wizard and am enjoying it far more.  Awesome skills. Love the graphics (I'll admit they're a tad brighter than I'd like in some spots, but bearable), atmosphere, music and sound fx, story sucks but hey....I don't play Diablo for the story.  I play it to kill, level up, and loot and it does that in spades.  The cinematics are also incredible.

-2 Mouse clicks and 4 hotkeys? That's it?

What do you expect?  8 hotkeys?  I'm kinda finding it difficult to remember which key is which, especially made harder as the skills are consistently swapped out.  Last I checked, I only have 5 fingers and one is used for the tab and shift keys.  Four is perfect.  That the player has six abilities at the touch of a button or key is very convenient.

But hey, if you don't like it....move on.  The servers could do without people playing who don't want to be, and those that do will also benefit.  Adios. 

#7 Posted by nonlinear314 (598 posts) -

lol now that bnet is fine people are getting desperate for things to complain about.  

I do not miss having to buy scrolls

I do not miss spamming potions

I do not miss 220 str, 75% block and the rest in hp

I do not miss stockpiling skill points for 20 levels to max that one skill I want and I do not miss having to reroll if I screwed up or want to try a different skill.

I played on a realm so I don't miss offline ez-dupe cheat mode

There is a lot about D2 I don't miss.

#8 Posted by crognalsen (71 posts) -

I find the first act that you play is really simple and boring.  It's basically what you played in the beta.  Once I got past that pont things started to get a little more challenging and the story finally started to become more interesting.  I'm still pretty early in the game, but it steems to more fun as you progress further into it.  I really like that your gold is shared for all your characters, and you can share items with other characters.  It's also nice that you don't have to fight over loot as only each person can see their loot.  The game is a lot smoother in multi player than Diablo 2 ever was IMO.  The only downside is the point and click interface.  It feels old by todays standards, but you get used to it after a while.  The graphics are not as bad as people say.  The game has an isometric view that is zoomed out pretty far.  It's hard to tell that the detail isn't very high from that view.  It's also important because there are so many things going on the screen at once it would require a killer graphics card and CPU to draw all that with highly detailed graphics.

#9 Posted by sSubZerOo (43062 posts) -
You guys are morons if you think the grapics look bad, especially when your suggesting that WoW looks better.. Your full on trolls then, D3 looks alot better then WoW's thanks to the blood effects, physics etc etc.. I find this hilarious you speak of the graphisc yet then bring up Diablo 2.. Diablo 2's graphics were subpar technically too when it was released..
#10 Posted by jmace1 (930 posts) -

yeah there is no way in hell this game can compete how diablo 2 felt back in the day, starting town is HORRIBLE it reminds me of something I would have made in starcraft back in the day. Anyone who thinks this comes close to diablo 2 is delusional. No games list and titles ruin the game completely, theres NO COMMUNITY, its basically a SINGLE PLAYER game now with other people playing it with you.

HarryOsborn

The irony here is you're completely delusional. Do yourself a favor and look at some gameplay of normal Act I in Diablo II. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxp09LKGKTA. Skip to 3:41 to get to gameplay. Not exacting thrilling is it? Act III and IV are great in Diablo III, but you may be completely unaware as you spend each waking hour here on the forums nit picking. And just how is the community destroyed? They've added a better friends list, the banners allows for a simple way to join your friends in midst of battle instead of waiting on portals to be spawned, and they have completely avoided the bickering from drops by adding individual loot. I loved Diablo II, and after 12 years I didn't think there was anything I could be more excited for than Diablo 3s release, but I already found something that is. I am filled with excitement when the day comes that you, HarryOsborn, and all your whiney friends from Mass Effect 3 and now Diablo III move onto the next game you spam with complaints and hate so that I can actually talk about the game on the freaking forums.

#11 Posted by Croag821 (2317 posts) -
I'm having a blast with the game. It's the best hack n slash RPG game I've played in a long time and I find it very addictive.
#12 Posted by Blubadox (3777 posts) -

I agree this game kind of sucked. I look at blizzard and those independent developers who work so hard to get fan's approval (TL2). Blizzard is one spoiled company in my opinion- carefully controlling their customer base with sneaky in-game features and drm. I mean just look at this game: a rpg turned into an arcade, made simplified to attract non-pc users and those who are used to playing WoW. I bet their staff were partying while you guys were yelling on their cs forums.

#13 Posted by Hard74Core (11 posts) -
You guys are morons if you think the grapics look bad, especially when your suggesting that WoW looks better.. Your full on trolls then, D3 looks alot better then WoW's thanks to the blood effects, physics etc etc.. I find this hilarious you speak of the graphisc yet then bring up Diablo 2.. Diablo 2's graphics were subpar technically too when it was released.. sSubZerOo
THIS, game looks great like a painting in motion, shut up trolls!
#14 Posted by Sentinel112 (571 posts) -
I'm having a blast with the game. It's the best hack n slash RPG game I've played in a long time and I find it very addictive.Croag821
Correction. Diablo 3 is a hack&slash action game.
#15 Posted by Frosty192 (1054 posts) -

Graphics are like WOW? I am sorry but Orcirina of Time on N64 had better graphics than WOW.

#16 Posted by Vambran (1920 posts) -

Diablo 3 is a step up in every way. From Graphics to gameplay.

#17 Posted by ccgod (7113 posts) -

The game is fun and i like it...........but its just a rehashed diablo 2 shouldn't have taken anywhere near 10 years to complete they could of just over hauled d2 and released this as an expansion. 

act 1 same places as diablo 2

act 2 yet another desert really so creative blizz

not sure about act 3 i'm only on 2 but i bet its a jungle lol

been playing with someone who is a WD and he sucks i'm a barb and i'm tearing through enemies while he and his minions barley can take down one monster

the graphics could of been a lot better def should of learned my lesson when i got SC2 same as SC1 just slightly upgraded graphics

blizz has really fell far but their blind fan base is what fuels there profit so they really don't even have to try which clearly shows

#18 Posted by Croag821 (2317 posts) -

[QUOTE="Croag821"]I'm having a blast with the game. It's the best hack n slash RPG game I've played in a long time and I find it very addictive.Sentinel112

Lets see I assume a role, gain levels, get loot, craft, learn skills, customize my build...yep I think that makes it an RPG.

I will agree it is an aciton RPG but saying this is just an action game is silly and makes think you're a bitter Diablo 1 and 2 player who is mad he doesn't get allocate stat points :D

#19 Posted by HarryOsborn (373 posts) -

yeah right, you guys are fanboys and i bet you didnt even play diablo 1 like me. They could have taken this game a way different direction and made it a masterpiece, they took it to an even more casual side and ruined it for any long time diablo fan... noobs

#20 Posted by guitarist1980 (1040 posts) -

dont listen to these disgruntled gamers. Diablo 3 is the best hack and slash dungeon crawler to ever be created. It took D2's concepts and cut away all the BS. Don't start saying the game is easy until you beat Hell. Hell is hard has hell. Especially if your playing single player. Its easier if your playing co op.

#21 Posted by jmace1 (930 posts) -

First off, I did play Diablo I, but spent the majority of my middle school playing Diablo II since it made massive improvements over Diablo I. Secondly, calling people a "noob" doesn't exactly make you came off as the mature, Diablo I vet, and voice of reason. Third, if you honestly want to hear Jay Wilson's well reasoned argument on why skill points were removed, you can listen to it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVTVMqtmxPU. If you want to argue with his "philosophy" more power to you but his argument does make sense. If you want to continue to moan, please take it to your personal diary or blog so we can start discussing the game.

#22 Posted by HarryOsborn (373 posts) -

yeah i dont care what he has to say, diablo 2 skill points could have been pointless but it showed that people like to customize and be unique from other players. So why didnt him and his stupid team build an advanced skill system that actually worked instead of going for something casual? oh I know the answer, its because everyone and their DOG started playing video games after the year 2006 and everyone knows the average human is a moron and these morons now OUTWEIGH the old school hardcore gamers that liked to compete, so of course theyre going to cater to the morons that will give them the most money.

they took out the item pick up system and made it CASUAL to the MAX by making it that players cant cry over being too slow, im done here

#23 Posted by rod_zero (3 posts) -
The real measure of diversity is the number of viable builds in hard difficulties. So far it seems D3 will have much more than d2, starting because simppply there are more skills and more combinations possible as well. But one much more important point: All skills scale with weapons DPS, so all of them remain viable DPS wise, in d2 many abilities didnt scale according in a linear way and many were picked just to open up a stronger one, and you drop all the points in them. Get 1000 characters from d2 and compare the diversity in builds at level 7, make the same at d3 at lvl 60. There will be a BIG BIG difference
#24 Posted by StarKiller2127 (392 posts) -

yeah i dont care what he has to say, diablo 2 skill points could have been pointless but it showed that people like to customize and be unique from other players. So why didnt him and his stupid team build an advanced skill system that actually worked instead of going for something casual? oh I know the answer, its because everyone and their DOG started playing video games after the year 2006 and everyone knows the average human is a moron and these morons now OUTWEIGH the old school hardcore gamers that liked to compete, so of course theyre going to cater to the morons that will give them the most money.

they took out the item pick up system and made it CASUAL to the MAX by making it that players cant cry over being too slow, im done here

HarryOsborn
leave i think i hear your mother calling you up to do your chores.
#25 Posted by ccgod (7113 posts) -

dont listen to these disgruntled gamers. Diablo 3 is the best hack and slash dungeon crawler to ever be created. It took D2's concepts and cut away all the BS. Don't start saying the game is easy until you beat Hell. Hell is hard has hell. Especially if your playing single player. Its easier if your playing co op.

guitarist1980
QFT go play d2 on hell SP and tell that this game isn't easy
#26 Posted by TruReview (2 posts) -
Diablo II was released on the June 30, 2000. Diablo III was released on May 15, 2012. Thats 11 years. Blizzard has been developing this game for 11 years and this is it? A very poor effort. I could have done better myself. Diablo III only supports DirectX 9c. DirectX 9c was released on August 6, 2004. This is when Blizzard froze the game in time. The game is built on a software platform that is 8 years out of date. The game is 8 years out of date. Blizzard should be giving Diablo III away. Current game technology uses the graphics card as an additional cpu. This game does not. Diablo III use of current GPU technology: DirectX 11 = no CUDA = no FireStream = no PhysX = no GPGPU = no DirectCompute = no OpenCL = no OpenGL = no Please do not buy this game. Do not give them a dime for it. Boycott this game until it uses current game technology.
#27 Posted by HarryOsborn (373 posts) -
[QUOTE="HarryOsborn"]

StarKiller2127
leave i think i hear your mother calling you up to do your chores.

i can tell youre a 2006+ gamer
#28 Posted by HarryOsborn (373 posts) -
[QUOTE="TruReview"]Diablo II was released on the June 30, 2000. Diablo III was released on May 15, 2012. Thats 11 years. Blizzard has been developing this game for 11 years and this is it? A very poor effort. I could have done better myself. .

yeah EXACTLY, its been in the works for 11 years and these graphics look like they came out of a disney movie, the ORIGINAL Diablo 3 team had the graphics in the RIGHT direction except it was made probably 8 - 9 years ago, they would have fixed it up. and for an 11 year game they took the SKILL SYSTEM TO A CASUAL LEVEL INSTEAD OF USING ALL THOSE YEARS TO MAKE SOMETHING MORE ADVANCED!???!!?! pathetic!
#29 Posted by treava (51 posts) -

cuda, firestream, opencl, directcompute is for general purpose computing (i.e. not for gaming).

physx isn't supported because d3 is using an in-house physics engine. it's not using opengl because it's using directx.

the latest directx 9c upadte is sep 2009, not 2004

do you even know what you are talking about?

oh, by the way, you guys must have forgotten the 640x480 graphics of diablo2 in 2000. it is at least 3 years out of date at that time.

#30 Posted by Bubblegumxxx (84 posts) -
Seen some of the video play through, I guess just my kind of game anymore even I'm a huge fan of Diablo series.
#31 Posted by Xxthesorrow90xX (604 posts) -

People dont like change and enjoy playing the same thing over and over. 

Lots of cod fans though this game could be like cod... but as soon as i read "oh the graphics are bad" I stopped reading the rest of the OP posts. 

#32 Posted by ecs33 (948 posts) -

Lol..only 6 skill slots? What did you expect, World of Diablo? Simple skill tree? Obviously some people here haven't reached nightmare mode yet! I find the skill system complicated in the sense that there are so many combinations of skills/runes you can choose from! I had to constantly reconfigure/experiment to finally find something useful in nightmare and am now forced to do the same for hell mode.

#33 Posted by ecs33 (948 posts) -

And i've played Diablo 2 on bnet since it's very beginning and been there when the OP runewords were released. That game's skill system had a gigantic limitation in the sense that it made one or two particular builds for every class the end all be all and the only viable builds for hell mode.

Diablo 3 may look simple on the surface but it is much more encouraging of customization and doesn't limit you with the lack of respecs. Within it's simple facade is a level of complexity that I find mind boggling at higher difficulty levels. I think D3's skill system is much more superior than D2's ever was.

#34 Posted by sSubZerOo (43062 posts) -

And i've played Diablo 2 on bnet since it's very beginning and been there when the OP runewords were released. That game's skill system had a gigantic limitation in the sense that it made one or two particular builds for every class the end all be all and the only viable builds for hell mode.

Diablo 3 may look simple on the surface but it is much more encouraging of customization and doesn't limit you with the lack of respecs. Within it's simple facade is a level of complexity that I find mind boggling at higher difficulty levels. I think D3's skill system is much more superior than D2's ever was.

ecs33
I think the problem right now is the sheer lack of items in uniques and set items.. It seems like this is almost like Diablo 2 vanilla wise.. Where 99% of all the unique and set items absolutely suck and they never ever dropped..
#35 Posted by ecs33 (948 posts) -

I can agree with that. This does remind me of D2 vanilla when rares were much more valuable. Though I did look online and the best legendarys are indeed pretty desirable. I only found 1 legendary in 53 hours of gameplay, and it was a goldwrap which was 6-7 levels below me when I found it.

I like the MF aspect the most when it comes to Diablo so I guess this will keep me occupied. I doubt I will ever find a lvl 60 legendary though....atleast in the first few hundred hours of gameplay.

#36 Posted by swamptick (1965 posts) -

Lol OP. You tickle me. First Diablo experience is obvious.

#37 Posted by jdm2686 (44 posts) -

Let me guess ur basing ur troll opinion on Normal mode? I'm on Act 1 Hell and I love every second trying to get the right spec to progress further. get off ur tower troll, and yes i play D1 AND D2.

#38 Posted by GamerOuTLaWz (467 posts) -

Diablo 3 is a step up in every way. From Graphics to gameplay.

Vambran

QFT

Game is addictive both on normal and HC, LOOT omg,loot in this game is just like EVERY diablo games used to be. variety after variety, uniques,DYES, everything to make loot whores happy. SOUNDS/GRAPHICS are awesome. AH fits perfectly. Im having a **** of fun right now 

#39 Posted by Sentinel112 (571 posts) -
Diablo 3 is worse then Dukee Nukem Forever. And that is is no easy feat to accomplish.
#40 Posted by Katra (272 posts) -

seriously so many whiners.  Just go play something else.  There are games called Torchlight 2 made by blizzard north peeps (who also made hellgate london and tried to make it subscription based), path of exiles (f2p will rmah), grim dawn.  I think those games should of come out much earlier but whatever.  I'm enjoing D3 and you people need to enjoy your life rather than whine.

#41 Posted by BludshedX (23 posts) -

I don't know about that. D2 was supported for a veeeeery long time ago. If D2 had BS in it they would have cut it out a looooong time ago.

As it stands, D2 + LOD remain at the top of the Hack n Slash ARPG genre. D3 is way too loot-fest heavy and holy crap could the gameplay get any more linear??

D2+LOD was fun. D3 is work. It's hardly worth classifying D3 as a better game just because it is more recent. There are many better games in the genre. The only places where D3 shines are cinematics and overall game presentation. Everything else is sub par. They must be sharing some of the $billions they made on wow with the reviewers because an 80+% is obsured. It makes me wonder if I'm playing the same game as these reviewers.

Anyone questioning whether or not to get the game, do so at your own risk. If I could GIVE away my copy I would!

Blizzard's glory days are over, their reputation tarnished.

It should have been clear the moment they went against their "It'll be done when it's done" philosophy, but no. I trusted them. Oh how I was wrong to do so.

#42 Posted by zekere (2509 posts) -

Quit gaming then. Looks like you need some time doing something else. I love Diablo3. It's a great game.

#43 Posted by Star-TrO_OpEr (8 posts) -

I really do not know what you're talking about this game is totally awesome  I have no words to describe it meets all my expectations and more. It is true that the game is not perfect there are many problems on the server and it sucks and really did not expect from such a launch from BLIZZARD. But other than that this game is simple fun i just cant stop playing it. in addition, in my opinion the sory pretty good not the peak brilliance but totally ok. Please tell me what other games in hte  genre comes close to this game?? (there are a few good but where are they and where this game)

I really think that becouse the bad lounch people starting to hate this game just relax wait a little until all the server problem will be fixed and just enjoy the game stop all the time look for the bad things.

In the end if the game makes you come back and play it again and again than it did his job.

**sorry for my english**

#44 Posted by vezon (10 posts) -

Nope, his right. It cannot be called RPG. Because in an RPG is imperative that u choose how to evolve your character. Here not.

Devil May Cry is not an RPG even if u got new skills and weapons etc. BUT IS NOT AN RPG.

#45 Posted by vezon (10 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sentinel112"][QUOTE="Croag821"]I'm having a blast with the game. It's the best hack n slash RPG game I've played in a long time and I find it very addictive.Croag821

Lets see I assume a role, gain levels, get loot, craft, learn skills, customize my build...yep I think that makes it an RPG.

I will agree it is an aciton RPG but saying this is just an action game is silly and makes think you're a bitter Diablo 1 and 2 player who is mad he doesn't get allocate stat points :D

Nope, his right. It cannot be called RPG. Because in an RPG is imperative that u choose how to evolve your character. Here not.

Devil May Cry is not an RPG even if u got new skills and weapons etc. BUT IS NOT AN RPG.

#46 Posted by Sentinel112 (571 posts) -
The diablo genre was always light on the rpg-part but they still were! They were called hack&slash action-rpg's. Diablo 3 is just an action game and a retarded one as well. One of the worst games in gaming history ever.
#47 Posted by Yannakos (585 posts) -

Although I do agree with the original posters views on oversimplified skill trees and etc... do think its a little overaboard in my opinion.

Just beat the game, and I was satisfied with the ending, I did like a lot of things about D2 & D2 LoD that I was they kind of just carried over but game all in all was still good in my opinion, could of been better.

They did alot of expanding on story, which if your a true diablo fan, you would appreciate. But with the double eged sword, by playing the other games you can kind of see a lot of the really good things about D2 that the took out of the game. Well see what happens and if theres expansion packs to be released soon...

EDIT: The one disappointing thing for me if I had to pick one is that blizzard is no longer offering solo play. You MUST be online to play. Even if you wish to play by yourself (as my first time through I preferred to play alone since your allies can easily skip past crucial cutscenes). I hate this part of the game, it also can be extremely frustrating because I am also limited to play essentially on blizzards time. If the servers are down I am screwed, and even when there up the servers become very laggy when you start to have 3-4 players total in game. I have done extensive research on how to improve the preformance with little success and I have even wrote blizzard a ticket in their system, only for them to send me an automated message back after 48+ hours stating to reach out to FAQ's/Standard info that I already looked at and was already unhelpful.

#48 Posted by fyor (665 posts) -

i am not sayn its a bad game....but it looks like something that should have been released back in 2004 :/

#49 Posted by RevolverAce (983 posts) -

I think the gameplay itself is good, skills are fun to use and diverse. But the whole game feels so outdated. I expected more form a 2012 game. I mean compare this to a game like The WItcher 2( i know they are vastly difrent kind of games), I just see a huge diffrents in quality. Its not like Blizzard doesnt have the money for it. I was more impressed by Lord of the Rings: War of the North than i was by this game. (although this game will last you longer).

#50 Posted by megasex4you (109 posts) -

Terrible game. And i can only say AGREED.