Just got my refund today

#1 Posted by vishisluv7 (480 posts) -

So they are still doing them, but time is running out.

Digital version, submitted 5 or so tickets before a human responded, totally misunderstood my ticket, but did understand the refund part, which is great.

Not commenting on the game itself, just letting you knoww a refund is still possible.

#2 Posted by xiayan (833 posts) -
What you say to get a refund?
#3 Posted by Animorganimate (713 posts) -

Welcome to the new age of pirating.

Buy a game. Complete the game. Then complain about nothing and receive a refund.

What a crappy new generation of gamers this is.

#4 Posted by Megotaku77 (418 posts) -

Buy a game. Complete the game. Then complain about nothing and receive a refund.

Animorganimate

I agree that people like to complain about nothing, but in what other industry do you get something radically different from your expectations and you aren't entitled to a refund? Heck, in the gaming industry if you digitally downloaded you didn't even consume an item, you just acquired a digitial license to operate software, so its not even as bad as ordering a Rib-eye and getting a New York strip and then sending it back knowing they can't re-serve it and have to take the loss. In this scenario, the developing company hasn't even lost anything.

#5 Posted by nsfn (6 posts) -

This is correct. I have returned countless stuff I didn't like once I was in their possession. I order stuff from Amazon all the time and return them after a couple of days of use unless I'm totally 100% certain and satisfied that I want to keep and I'm 100% sure I'll make use of the thing. Otherwise, sent back it goes.

#6 Posted by vishisluv7 (480 posts) -

What you say to get a refund?xiayan

First ticket i wrote out my reasons for refund, including the AH etc. The ticket was closed auto by their bot with a response about how the AH had this feature and that.

They must have a scanner and it caught the AH in the text so attached an auto non-relevant reply.

After that i put in a ticket everyday with just "Refund Please refund unsatisfied refund."

After a five or so days of this, some dude gave a response about using the EU servers and thanking me for my interest! However, he did at the end say "i've issued refund".

My account was knocked to starter edition and the cash is on its way back to my CC, which is great.

I appreciate Blizzard refunding the product, and i feel correct in requesting one.

#7 Posted by vishisluv7 (480 posts) -

Animorganimate

Crappy new generation of game companies too, if you ask me.

#8 Posted by Diakisa (37 posts) -

I don't think it is crappy to get a refund:roll:

#10 Posted by Animorganimate (713 posts) -

[QUOTE="Animorganimate"]

vishisluv7

Crappy new generation of game companies too, if you ask me.

You may be correct there. I didn't mean for my post to sound so harsh.

If you disagree with a company's practices, then by all means boycott away. I totally agree with that and support all forms of civil protest. However, maybe you shouldn't have bought the game in the first place. If you took the time to think everything out, you may have been happier in the long run.

I guess my frustrations come with all these posts about refunds because of promises not made. I have been following this game as long as anyone else here, and am happy with the end result. It's not the greatest game ever (which was never expected), but it's perfectly adequate and very fun. And after nearly 200 hours of gameplay, I feel like I got way more then $60 worth. If I was to get a refund right now, I would feel like a pirate and an @$$hole.

I don't know what people were expecting. It's a mindless click-fest just like it's predecessors. I think everything was promised.

I do think some of these posts about refunds (not necessarily your post) are coming from whiny, entitled, trolling teenagers who probably still breastfeed (which also includes milking their parents for money well into their 20's).

Anyway, to each their own. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the game and I'm glad you're happy now. But I guess you have no place in this forum anymore either, since we're here to discuss the game, and you no longer own it.

#11 Posted by AlmityGuitarist (150 posts) -

Yep. got my refund a few days ago. Just sent them a ticket that said blizzard store exchange/refund and had to reopen the ticket twice because of their damn bot that tries to get you to forget.

#12 Posted by vishisluv7 (480 posts) -

But I guess you have no place in this forum anymore either, since we're here to discuss the game, and you no longer own it.Animorganimate
That's correct. I have no intention of bashing the game or articulating reasons for my refund, but just to say it was possible. Apparently it's 30 days from date of purchase for refund.

#13 Posted by andyk01 (23 posts) -

[QUOTE="Animorganimate"]But I guess you have no place in this forum anymore either, since we're here to discuss the game, and you no longer own it.vishisluv7

That's correct. I have no intention of bashing the game or articulating reasons for my refund, but just to say it was possible. Apparently it's 30 days from date of purchase for refund.

Thanks for the info and very well said