I will not purchase this game.

• 69 results
#1 Posted by q-bert39 (137 posts) -
I for one will not be purchasing this game due to its always online DRM. Why? Because i bought starcraft II back when it first came out to play single player only, and i got banned for cheating in single player. They banned me from playing my game on single player because i cheated on my game; I didnt ever play one multiplayer match. They are going to do the same thing here, and i dont want some fat ****s monitoring every single thing i do with my game, and banning me if they feel i did not play MY single player experience the way they wanted me to. So again, i will not be BUYING this game. F*** you Blizzard, f***ing ***s.
#2 Posted by q-bert39 (137 posts) -
And to clarify, by cheating i mean i used cheat engine to make the single player more fun for ME. Had i known Blizzard's always online DRM was scanning my computer and checking the integrity of the game executable in SINGLE PLAYER, i would not have purchased that game either.
#3 Posted by SH3Valtiel (18027 posts) -

Okey Dokey.

#4 Posted by Azernus (55 posts) -

no one cares

#5 Posted by GhostDog8 (5935 posts) -

wow that stinks man i had no clue they were monitoring like that....thats almost an invasion of privacy. I feel like if a person wants to cheat in "offline" (if you cheat online then you should be banned) mode then so be just dont expect any achievements or awards for it.

#6 Posted by GhostDog8 (5935 posts) -

im still getting diablo 3 the day it comes out though lol i dont cheat so i wont have this problem

#7 Posted by hock3y (137 posts) -

Does this mean there will be no mods?

#8 Posted by q-bert39 (137 posts) -
Its very unlikely that they will have mods, since the main focus of this game now is to get rare items and sell them for real life money to other players. The problem with this is their "anti-cheat" system will only stop SOME people from cheating. Experienced hackers who hack triple A FPS games and MMOs can write up a bypass for any anti-cheat program in a few hours. All that will end up happening is this game will turn into Ultima Online, where a select few people are "duping" gold and selling the gold they duplicate for RL money, while legitimate players struggle to keep up with hyperinflation.
#9 Posted by q-bert39 (137 posts) -
The only way Diablo III can be saved is if they make everything server-side, which they wont. People will be duping items left and right, hacking their characters stats for pvp, and selling godlike hack-made items for RL money. WTB Q-Bert's Epic Rare Purple Lvl 9999999 sword with +100000000000000000 attack power :)
#10 Posted by killersushi (405 posts) -

Right... please tell us, wise q-bert, how do these hacked items get into the server side auction house.

#11 Posted by q-bert39 (137 posts) -
Why, players put them there of course. Do you think anyone will be able to tell the difference between a duped item and its identical counterpart, or a hacked item with its stats changed to look like a specific item? NO.
#12 Posted by GhostDog8 (5935 posts) -

well if you are hacking the game then you deserve to be banned....

#13 Posted by Arcturus559 (6 posts) -
Always online is a failure for a game that costs $60. Gamers, you DO NOT have to accept the always online format. Always online is only acceptable for FREE TO PLAY GAMES OR MMOs like Guild Wars 2 <- Going to be a great game!
#14 Posted by dzimm (4651 posts) -

You know, the always-online thing bothered me at first, but then I just came to accept that Diablo 3 is an online game. I had an absolute blast playing the beta for the couple of months, and I can't wait for the full release. It's an awesome game.

#15 Posted by Earth_Krish (293 posts) -

well if you are hacking the game then you deserve to be banned....

GhostDog8

"Hacking" the game? Have you ever used mods before? How ever he changed the game, it's not the biggest deal at all that he'd change the single player experience how ever he  wanted. It's also nothing new and every other game company is aware of modding from simple "cheats" or "tweaks" to huge gameplay changes. It's new to me that a company would ban somenoe for changing the singleplayer gameplay. Not to mention the last SC games had their own build in cheat menus.

Obviously online it's not allowable, but the singleplayer game?

D3 looks like trash through and through, though, especially after playing beta. Doesn't look worth buying at all.

#16 Posted by killersushi (405 posts) -

Why, players put them there of course. Do you think anyone will be able to tell the difference between a duped item and its identical counterpart, or a hacked item with its stats changed to look like a specific item? NO.q-bert39

Do you honestly believe that Blizzard will accept hacked items into the AH? I don't even understand how you can arrive at the conclusion that any hacked items will be usable in an online-only game. The "data" bit of these items will surely be saved on the server, same for character data etc. All that is on the client side is the actual game files like geometry, textures etc.

Hell, this is one of the reasons that Blizzard made the whole thing online-only in the first place. I very much doubt that what you say will be possible, just as much as it isn't possible in WoW.

#17 Posted by lordxephon (118 posts) -

anyone who posts on any diablo 3 forum is gonna buy the game lmao...your gonna buy it dude haha

#18 Posted by dzimm (4651 posts) -
On the official forums, "See you at launch!" is the number one response to complaint threads. :D
#19 Posted by q-bert39 (137 posts) -

anyone who posts on any diablo 3 forum is gonna buy the game lmao...your gonna buy it dude haha

lordxephon

Nope, on principal alone, i will not purchase this game. I feel like i have been robbed of around 60 dollars from them, so i wont buy it. It does look fun though...

#20 Posted by bryjoered2007 (96 posts) -

Dude if you played the first two diablo's offline only your experience was terrible compared to mine. Online is how diablo was meant to be played even the original was an online game. I remember waiting for the damn dialup signal and tying up the phone line for hours to play that game. This game is just so much better with other people I for one prefer online games. This is not to say that I would be opposed to diablo having a single player and it probably should. I just would never even touch the single player side and I'm sure the majority of longtime diablo fans played mostly online too.

#21 Posted by QuinXuan (12 posts) -

You can always get Torchlight 2 when it comes out as an alternative, and you'll be able to cheat as much as you want without consequence.

#22 Posted by Tiesto05 (394 posts) -

I really didn't know they monitored the game and banned your single player experience.  Doesn't make much sense to me because i can see using cheats as a way of helping develop your strategy via experimenting with upgrades, unit vs. unit type things... without having to play for a few hours just to get to the point where you have all the upgrades and units available to you. Regardless, i would just phone them and plead case.  

#23 Posted by AlmityGuitarist (150 posts) -

Long story short, Dark Souls did singleplayer/offline-multiplayer/online perfectly. Diablo III has not.

#24 Posted by BigDawgSteve420 (106 posts) -

QQ some more to OP.  Big deal its always online, its meant to be played online anyways, and they're reasoning for it is pretty sound.  No one is going to miss you not playing Sally, so just get off your soap box and back in your troll hole.

#25 Posted by rashada07 (29 posts) -

No diablo fun for you then... :(

#26 Posted by vishisluv7 (480 posts) -

I started out hating it, but now I see that it will provide a more secure game. Plus it makes sense, seeing as they are conducting cash transactions on the RMAH, it needs to have the confidence of the users.

I'm always connected so it doesn't affect me anyway. I game at home.

#27 Posted by Seven_Force (328 posts) -
I understand the complaint. People who say it's not a big deal because it's meant to be played online don't understand that it doesn't matter. You should be able to play it offline if you want, as I at least got a couple characters to nightmare in Diablo 2: LoD when I had no access to internet (traveling, no wi-fi, etc). That being said, I will probably still buy the game because a lot of my friends are, and I'm a big fan of D2.
#28 Posted by Pablo_Heroin (157 posts) -

Good for you OP, finally someone who stays true. I'm tired of all those scrubs that complain about some game and then buy it anyway, like Mass Effect 3, CoD series etc. Many hate these games yet somehow they set new records, everyone complains about overpriced/day one DLCs yet they still sell. Todayeveryone complains about greedy publishers, but you (gamers) support them in their greedy ways, you created these abominations.

For me... its the only new release that I'm buying this year, even though I dislike forced online, I want play online anyway because I want to play coop with friends, so its not an issue for me. For someone who likes to play solo, there is still hope for you. Some guy will crack this game and allow offline, dint worry about this. Ill be using cracked version for offline play and treat it like single player in D2 (testing builds with hero editor etc., having fun with when servers are down).

#31 Posted by Rar05 (107 posts) -

my god the rage over this game is unbelievable, if you don't get the game because its always online or because some people can use real money to buy **** then piss off and no one will miss you

#32 Posted by firanis (2 posts) -
the lamest thing ever for the game is that it needs to be online...his i'm having difficulty to be online (coz im in rural areas with very slow connection)..i'm one of other thousands of Diablo's fan (played first Diablo in 1999) feels that it is unfair that somehow this game is turning into MMORPG...i want to play it very much but this kind of limitation hinders me from buying this game...and yeah, who cares since probably i'm the only one who has to twice (or thrice) to buy the game...and it does not affect anybody...=)
#33 Posted by firanis (2 posts) -
yeah, i understand your feeling...since it YOUR game, and YOU buy it, it should be yours...it's the same as you buy something that should be YOURS but then its not yours...
#34 Posted by dustybonez (13 posts) -

Hate to burst your bubble but if you would have read the agreement terms then you would have known its not your game, you bought the rights to play the game and you do not own it and can not modify its contents or you could be subjected to being banned. 

#35 Posted by dzimm (4651 posts) -
Seriously, guys, just accept the fact that Diablo 3 is an online game and get over already. There are real problems in the world that are far more deserving of your attention and energy.
#36 Posted by vishisluv7 (480 posts) -

It's no different from an MMO, i don't know why people are bent out of shape. Blizz said it's a MP game, not SP, as such, it's gonna be online only. It is what it is.

#37 Posted by ColdHardFacts (706 posts) -

People don't realize Blizzard will monitor the RMAH. Sure, there probably will be a few hacked items that get sold but i doubt they will be put on the auction house. Those will probably be sold on 3rd party dealers. But i do believe there will be alot of pressure on Blizzard on cracking down on cheating. And to TC, see you at launch!

#38 Posted by G-N-C (84 posts) -

My only point to the original poster. You know that you will for 100% be buy this game. Dont lie to yourself. If people stopped pirating games, then we wouldnt need online all the time features. 

#39 Posted by Kazilgrom (512 posts) -

:P  duchebags who buy games with online DRM and call themselves PC gamers are the worst kind of gamer alive.:roll:

Buy online DRM = thank you for but f#cking me Blizzard I'm a retarded homo and i like it,please continue BF'ing me every game you make,heres my $ 60.00 please harder don't stop...I like getting screwed by corporations I'm an idiot ,go Romney       :)

squidbilly22

can't tell if serious or just retarded or just trying to use sarcasm

#40 Posted by Zipper761882 (587 posts) -
Well judging from the attitudes of those that said they aren't purchasing the game, good riddance. With attitudes like those, I would much rather you stayed away and didn't taint the community. I for one cannot wait for D3. Also want to add that if you played D1 and D2 as solo only, you missed out bro. Sorry but ya did. Anyway, to those that will be rockin out on the 15th, cya there!
#41 Posted by LUCKENBILL56 (14 posts) -

I don't like the fact Diablo III is online. Therefore, I am not purchasing the game. After all Blizzard is the boss. Thus, they have a choice. I am certainly not angry at the company. Nevertheless, I do believe sales will suffer somewhat. There does come a time when the customer can suggest enough already with the online nonsense. To each his own. I get to save 60 dollars unless the Blizz wakes up. I don't intend to lose any sleep over Blizzard's decision. It is what it is.

#42 Posted by RedEyedMonster8 (1158 posts) -

[QUOTE="squidbilly22"]

:P  duchebags who buy games with online DRM and call themselves PC gamers are the worst kind of gamer alive.:roll:

Buy online DRM = thank you for but f#cking me Blizzard I'm a retarded homo and i like it,please continue BF'ing me every game you make,heres my $ 60.00 please harder don't stop...I like getting screwed by corporations I'm an idiot ,go Romney       :)

Kazilgrom

can't tell if serious or just retarded or just trying to use sarcasm

I'm betting he's probably just retarded.

#43 Posted by Paoksis (479 posts) -

the fact that u need to be online to have a single player experience should be embargoed by all gamers...i for once will not buy this game,not because i deny its possible quality as a game,but to protest against stupid tactics like these,that blizzard is following....

#44 Posted by AceMarine45 (570 posts) -

Wow i never knew they would be banning people for cheating in single-player. I hope they gave you your money back, because that is bull **** I hope they dont ban you for cheating in other games because my elder scrolls history is filled with "criminal activity."

#45 Posted by batosa1 (32 posts) -

It's not about cheating in single player. It's about cheating in singel player and transfer your items to multiplayer.

With a Server/Client Infrastructure duping will become much harder if not impossible.

#46 Posted by DawnBlue (178 posts) -

Its very unlikely that they will have mods, since the main focus of this game now is to get rare items and sell them for real life money to other players.q-bert39

This must be the new world record of either the poorest, stupidest troll attempt ever... or the worst misconception in the history of computer and console gaming.

You, sir, just earned a place in my signature in any and all websites even remotely connected to gaming. That's a 100 point achievement.

#47 Posted by Earth_Krish (293 posts) -

I think if its enough to get people posting against OP with so much anger, it must be a real issue they are trying to ignore, like something that bothers them too, but want to ignore it. And someone protests is and they are like, hands over ears, "NO NO nothing bad about the game say nothing no there's nothing wrong here shut up shut up"

There was always something wrong with having to be online for a singleplayer game. From Steam to Blizzard, activation online and of course needing to reauthenticate every time to play online, understandable, but not being able to play full single player ( like saving your game) because you're not online? Like during a bad storm when you're stuck inside? This is the worset thing ever.

It doesn't stop me from buying games, but I've always hated it. And I won't dis OP for standing his ground. I haven't bought BF3 or Skyrim for a number of reasons that I can't forgive (at the very least, I won't be buying them for quite some time, not anywhere near full price for some years) It's very possible I won't ever buy them, regardless of how excited I had been before their release. So no not every popular 9.0 game is respected by everyone.

From what I've been reading on these forums in another thread( I'm looking for the thread now to confirm) Diablo 3 may go on that last as the most unforgiveable this year. I've heard a lot of friends that are hardcore fans since Diablo (that aren't so sure to just pre-order everything) decry some changes into Diablo 2 and mention that Diablo 3 seems to be only getting worse. A name alone won't bring them to the table, either ( a smart gamer and consumer, I think)

I wonder how many of you bashing OP already pre-ordered. The last game I pre-ordered was StarCraft 2. I had a lot of problems with that game ( battlenet, realID, custom map organization) but overall satisfied, even with my pre-order. But I never accepted those flaws as just okay.

Also when people came up with reasons I didn't think were valid reasons to not get the game, I gave very full explanations as to why that wasn't the best way to look at it or how it was wrong (like the supposed 'cut' content by not having a story campaign for each race). I didn't say "good riddance" because that automatically means 1. anything I say is pretty much invalid. 2. it's probably a real problem if I don't want anyone to talk about it and can't come up with a reason why its not an issue.

#48 Posted by Earth_Krish (293 posts) -

[QUOTE="q-bert39"]Its very unlikely that they will have mods, since the main focus of this game now is to get rare items and sell them for real life money to other players.DawnBlue

This must be the new world record of either the poorest, stupidest troll attempt ever... or the worst misconception in the history of computer and console gaming.

You, sir, just earned a place in my signature in any and all websites even remotely connected to gaming. That's a 100 point achievement.

I would actually guess satirical sarcasm, it points out a glaring problem so clearly.

Edit: Well first all, confirmed, if you see his other posts on this game, he's being sarcastic.

It's not too accurate, though, as there is an option between money and gold, and I think people will be awfully reluctant to buy something with any amount of real money.

#49 Posted by dzimm (4651 posts) -

the fact that u need to be online to have a single player experience should be embargoed by all gamers...i for once will not buy this game,not because i deny its possible quality as a game,but to protest against stupid tactics like these,that blizzard is following....

Paoksis
Go ahead and exercise your impotent rage by boycotting the game, but there are more than enough people not bothered by the always online that Blizzard doesn't have to worry about the tiny minority who are upset about it. I will admit that it at first troubled me, and I did consider not buying the game because of it -- not out of protest but simply because I thought it would negatively affect my solo-play experience -- but after spending time with the closed beta, I realized that the always online did nothing to hinder my ability to play or enjoy the game, so I happily placed my preorder. Anyway, it's possible the "starter edition" will be available on day one, so anybody who wants to see the game for themselves will be able to play the beginning areas up to character level 13 and thus allow themselves to make an informed decision.
#50 Posted by dzimm (4651 posts) -
"...there are more than enough people not bothered by the always online that Blizzard doesn't have to worry about the tiny minority who are upset about it." Case in point, Diablo 3 has the highest number of preorders of any PC game in Amazon.com's history.