I thought this game was easy. Getting harder!!

#1 Posted by jaay55 (205 posts) -

So i ran through SK and was thinking, "man this game is way too easy, i am running through everything" Now i am at the end of act 1 and i am actually having to run away from packs of mobs because they easily swarm me if i run in rambo style. My barb is getting hit hard and taking a lot of damage.

I remember in diablo 1 and 2 that it stayed easy for the whole game(I did not try anything other than normal as i was unaware of loot being any better.). Diablo 3 is actually challenging in normal, its awesome. I am kind of annoyed that i need to play this solo since i want to experience the story. if i join a public game, they usually skip the talking sequences. Also joining a public game always puts me with only 1 other player!

#2 Posted by Darkblast (78 posts) -

Man wait to get to act 2. My first death was and is still there and i actually started to drinking potion there up to the point i actually ran out them after 10 minutes. I was level 17 begining of act 2 i don't know yet if that's too low or not.

And me i tought potion were just pilling up for no reason.

#3 Posted by Rasengan2 (428 posts) -

yea beginning of Act 2 was my first death as well. now the beginning of Act 3 is a WHOLE other story. my only advice is: PRAY TO ALLAH!. no idea how i made it out of there with 0 deaths

#4 Posted by ultimakid (1816 posts) -
i'm early into act 2, maybe 15%. No deaths so far, still not even close. I'm a wizard...so i'm not exactly a solid wall of asskickery. But diamond skin is godmode so maybe that isn't fair to the other classes to say if D3 is easy or not.
#5 Posted by ultimakid (1816 posts) -
Ughhh lack of edit button. Level 15~16. So, not overlevelled. hell i rushed through act 1, so i'm sure i'm a bit underlevelled, and a bit under geared as well.
#6 Posted by JimB (324 posts) -

I was doing pretty well until I met the SK at the end of Act I if fact I am still there. I am level 8 barbarian and he is killing me. I like a challenge though.

#7 Posted by dawgrejectx (445 posts) -

So i ran through SK and was thinking, "man this game is way too easy, i am running through everything" Now i am at the end of act 1 and i am actually having to run away from packs of mobs because they easily swarm me if i run in rambo style. My barb is getting hit hard and taking a lot of damage.

I remember in diablo 1 and 2 that it stayed easy for the whole game(I did not try anything other than normal as i was unaware of loot being any better.). Diablo 3 is actually challenging in normal, its awesome. I am kind of annoyed that i need to play this solo since i want to experience the story. if i join a public game, they usually skip the talking sequences. Also joining a public game always puts me with only 1 other player!

jaay55
i died multiple times in act 2 when my friend wanted my lvl 7 to help his lvl 18 lol
#8 Posted by MurderMode (301 posts) -

Half way through Act III is when I definitely started to notice a difficulty spike. Some friends of mine are currently in the 35-40 range and are still really starting to suffer in Act II of Nightmare, so I'm guessing endgame is going to be a completely different experience difficulty wise.... I think it will be a little less about charging into a large mob to see how many you can kill with one blow, and more about sizing up your enemy and how you are going to approach the situation