I learned my lesson with Diablo 3

#1 Posted by ma_hurt (89 posts) -

I am old enough to know not to buy in to the hype and preorder a game. But I did.

Normally I always wait a little bit and read the pros and cons. Personally, I would not have bought the game. The campaign is too short. Skills are so shallow, and gained thru a very non-Diablo way. Add the "always on DRM", and I would have bought something else. I hate always on DRM.

For those that say that the game is longer than I think, I do not think repeating everything over and over is a longer campaign. That is repeating the game over and over.

If you love it, then great. I glad you love it. But for me, it is just not worth it. I will not buy another game with always on DRM (unless I am playing an MMO of course).

#2 Posted by Hero6_basic (1536 posts) -

Well said

#3 Posted by HarryOsborn (373 posts) -
theres no games list, that means no recreational activities, which means no replayability other than the campaign itself which will only last you a month or 2. This is where blizzard starts going downhill fast.
#4 Posted by vishisluv7 (480 posts) -

It's simply hard to believe just how big a flop this is for Blizzard. I don't just mean the game play, bugs, broken loot, exploits, RMAH etc either.

This is freakin' Diablo 3 FFS! How..just how do you take a guarenteed GOTY and release this? They turned Diablo franchise into an obnoxious item mall. Unbelievable.

When you take this game in the context of it's lineage, I seriously consider D3 an utter failure. Jay Wilson really shouldn't be employed. That's me, personally mind.

#5 Posted by blackeagle84 (379 posts) -

do you have a guest key ? I want to try it out before dropping 70 dollars.

#6 Posted by stan_hg (39 posts) -

It's simply hard to believe just how big a flop this is for Blizzard. I don't just mean the game play, bugs, broken loot, exploits, RMAH etc either.

This is freakin' Diablo 3 FFS! How..just how do you take a guarenteed GOTY and release this? They turned Diablo franchise into an obnoxious item mall. Unbelievable.

When you take this game in the context of it's lineage, I seriously consider D3 an utter failure. Jay Wilson really shouldn't be employed. That's me, personally mind.

vishisluv7

And you know what's even worse?

Completely un-famous game studio is making a lot better game (Path of Exile).

Blizzard should be ashamed for that low level they fell.

#7 Posted by mike_dragoon (33 posts) -
If you want i can sell you one for 5 bucks :P
#8 Posted by RedEyedMonster8 (1160 posts) -

vishisluv7

A flop? It sold over ten million copies. ZOMFG IT FAILED!!!11!1!

#9 Posted by Hells_rebelion (2882 posts) -

[QUOTE="vishisluv7"]

RedEyedMonster8

It only sold that many because people got extremely hyped for it. If it hadn't been a blizzard game and hadn't been a new diablo game it wouldn't have sold that many. Anyways I'll have to agree with the other posters, no game list, no PVP, and the AH ruined this game!
#10 Posted by Ronaldius (30 posts) -

[QUOTE="vishisluv7"]

RedEyedMonster8

It sold 10 mil. copies because of the name, not the end product.

#11 Posted by RedEyedMonster8 (1160 posts) -

[QUOTE="RedEyedMonster8"]

[QUOTE="vishisluv7"]

Ronaldius

Maybe so but that still doesn't make it a flop.

#12 Posted by vishisluv7 (480 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ronaldius"]

[QUOTE="vishisluv7"]

RedEyedMonster8

Financially? Blizz made money thanks to Brevik and the first two games. On every other measurement of success, yes, I unambiguously consider D3 a flop. We all know the internet meme about Brittney Spears must be great, she made money! So is (insert terrible but selling pop band)! They sold millions of albums therefore their music is great. Doesn't make sense.

So sure, you want to isolate the money made as whether is a success in the vacuum? It sure is.

#13 Posted by RedEyedMonster8 (1160 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ronaldius"]

[QUOTE="vishisluv7"]

vishisluv7

Financially? Blizz made money thanks to Brevik and the first two games. On every other measurement of success, yes, I unambiguously consider D3 a flop. We all know the internet meme about Brittney Spears must be great, she made money! So is (insert terrible but selling pop band)! They sold millions of albums therefore their music is great. Doesn't make sense.

So sure, you want to isolate the money made as whether is a success in the vacuum? It sure is.

This is utterly pointless to debate because it's just kind of like, you know, your opinion man, We're not debating facts, we're debating opinions, you can't debate anything without facts. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

#14 Posted by SythisTaru (567 posts) -

Vocal minority.