I learned my lesson with Blizzard.

#1 Posted by tar1901 (136 posts) -

And I'm not talking about Diablo 3. I'm talking about Starcraft 2. Just one campain with higher dificulty.

So I waited with the Diablo 3 and didn't jump on the pre-order wagon. Turns out Diablo 3 reflects the new blizzard strategy. Poor quality for high prices.

A lot of Diablo 2 features were removed to save time, there is no character customization and the game runs on the blizzard servers that are very unreliable. But wait, they have a real money AH from where blizzard grabs their share.

And what's this new sessionid exploit that allows hackers to log into you account without password?

#2 Posted by Xxthesorrow90xX (604 posts) -

Stop playing the game instead of sitting there complaining about it.

If you dont like it that much, your options are THAT simple.

#3 Posted by tar1901 (136 posts) -

Stop playing the game instead of sitting there complaining about it.

If you dont like it that much, your options are THAT simple.

Xxthesorrow90xX

He he, guest pass...

I don't intend to buy the game. It's garbage.

#4 Posted by kargion (432 posts) -

And I'm not talking about Diablo 3. I'm talking about Starcraft 2. Just one campain with higher dificulty.

So I waited with the Diablo 3 and didn't jump on the pre-order wagon. Turns out Diablo 3 reflects the new blizzard strategy. Poor quality for high prices.

A lot of Diablo 2 features were removed to save time, there is no character customization and the game runs on the blizzard servers that are very unreliable. But wait, they have a real money AH from where blizzard grabs their share.

And what's this new sessionid exploit that allows hackers to log into you account without password?

tar1901
No users with authenticators have been hacked. Might want to read up before you post. Also all of my friends are die hard diablo 1/2 fans and love it. Its different but different is not bad.
#5 Posted by Megotaku77 (418 posts) -

I'm a die-hard D2 fan and I feel that they only cut out the parts of D2 that were meaningless. You didn't have choice in your stats, you had the illusion of choice. If you weren't going cookie cutter down to the micro-stat you were a worthless broken character. Yeah you had to auto-attack... until you got your gear. Full Tal-Rasha on my summon necro and I can't remember the last time I ran out of mana. Even a Whirlwind Barb had enough MP-5 to never stop spinning, heck I even had a whirlwind assassin where I could spin constantly.

Wish I knew what features these so-called vets were pining for.

#6 Posted by tar1901 (136 posts) -

I'm a die-hard D3 fan and I feel that they only cut out the parts of D2 that were meaningless.Megotaku77

Spoken like a true blizzard fanboy. No matter how crap a game gets they like it. This shows a complete lack of character and critical view point. But then again, quality doesn't matter as long as you pay for the game.

#7 Posted by Megotaku77 (418 posts) -

[QUOTE="Megotaku77"]

I'm a die-hard D3 fan and I feel that they only cut out the parts of D2 that were meaningless.tar1901

Spoken like a true blizzard fanboy. No matter how crap a game gets they like it. This shows a complete lack of character and critical view point. But then again, quality doesn't matter as long as you pay for the game.

I'm actually not a blizzard fanboy, its hilarious you would accuse me of that. I've been nothing but critical of Cataclysm and Starcraft 2, but that's okay I have a differing opinion than yours that makes me a "fanboy". I didn't hear you disagreeing with my point about cookie-cutter or go home in D2. Why is that? Oh right because that incredible detail of depth and complexity you delusional people keep rambling about is actually utterly meaningless when someone who's actually played the game calls you out on it.
#8 Posted by tar1901 (136 posts) -

I'm actually not a blizzard fanboy, its hilarious you would accuse me of that.  Megotaku77

The game is out for one week and you say

I'm a die-hard D3 fan

Megotaku77

That makes you a fanboy.

Now to the other problems. Yea, you could make bad specs in D2, but at least you had the choice to make them.

The hole RPG aspect of Diablo 3 is gone. Once you level up, the game does everything for you. It's not even a RPG game anymore, it's some gimped action game.

Another horrible part of D3 is that stupid always online DRM that allows you to play when the blizzard servers allow you to. In their quest for money Blizzard decided ruin the game experience. No problem, they still have fanboys that think the game is great.

How do you know you are a fanboy? You play a singe player game, get lag and disconnects and you still like it!

#9 Posted by Megotaku77 (418 posts) -

[QUOTE="Megotaku77"]

I'm a die-hard D3 fan

tar1901

That makes you a fanboy.

Actually that was a typo.   I meant D2.  One would hope that the context of my posting after that which referred only to Diablo 2 gameplay mechanics with specific examples of Diablo 2 gameplay would have lead one to that conclusion.  But hey, we can't all be that literate, can we?  

Now to the other problems. Yea, you could make bad specs in D2, but at least you had the choice to make them.tar1901

So you agree you had the choice to fail or fall in line.  But at least you had a CHOICE!

The hole RPG aspect of Diablo 3 is gone. Once you level up, the game does everything for you. It's not even a RPG game anymore, it's some gimped action game.tar1901

The game does... what for you?  Pick your stats?  Like most RPGs since 1995?  You choose your class, you choose your abilities, you choose your runes.  Kind of like... Diablo 2.  You choose your class, you choose your abilities.  Like do I want be a Zealer or a Hammerdin because nothing else for Paladin useful or even remotely playable.  Seems like the addition of runes and multiple ability combinations not utterly dependent on a min-maxing of specific stats has added more depth and complexity than even the most delusional D2 purist could argue against.  

Another horrible part of D3 is that stupid always online DRM that allows you to play when the blizzard servers allow you to. In their quest for money Blizzard decided ruin the game experience. No problem, they still have fanboys that think the game is great.tar1901

Online DRM sucks, but DRM is here to stay.  You can thank pirates.  "Ruin the game experience"?  Lmao this is troll-speak.  How do you deal with real world problems if something like having to log in ruins your entire game experience?

How do you know you are a fanboy? You play a singe player game, get lag and disconnects and you still like it!tar1901

I crashed a lot in Fallout 3, New Vegas, Oblivion and Skyrim too.  Guess I'm a fanboy for looking past a game's flaws.  I've only been disconnected once since I started playing D3 and I haven't lagged yet, but then again I don't steal my internet from my neighbor and blame servers.  You're trying too hard to troll me.  Quit trolling brah.

#10 Posted by johnlewis656 (25 posts) -
Wish i was as smart as you with a gues pass :(
#11 Posted by djball (355 posts) -

I don't mind that it is more streamline than D2, it's just more fun to play imo. Needs a few tweaks is all. And heaps of replayability with different class runs. 

#12 Posted by Argle (305 posts) -

I'm a die-hard D2 fan and I feel that they only cut out the parts of D2 that were meaningless. You didn't have choice in your stats, you had the illusion of choice. If you weren't going cookie cutter down to the micro-stat you were a worthless broken character. Yeah you had to auto-attack... until you got your gear. Full Tal-Rasha on my summon necro and I can't remember the last time I ran out of mana. Even a Whirlwind Barb had enough MP-5 to never stop spinning, heck I even had a whirlwind assassin where I could spin constantly.

Wish I knew what features these so-called vets were pining for.

Megotaku77

this. i remember being pissed initially when i heard they were getting rid of stat skill point allocation, but think about it for a little bit...every viable D2 build during and post OP rune words/skill synergies was cookies cutter.  

you got enough str to wear your desired equip, enough dex for max block, and dumped everything else in vit.  paladins either went hammer or zeal with holy shield, necros went summonancer or bone spear/spirit with a curse (usually amp dmg or lower res), zons went guided arrow or ethereal titans, etc etc