I am enjoying this game

#1 Posted by Redick_is_Magic (1778 posts) -

First ever diablo game so maybe thats why I like it so much. Its alot of fun and feel like ill be playing it alot. Ive only played by myself so far too just to get the hang of it. :D

#2 Posted by dzimm (4651 posts) -

I'm a long-time Diablo veteran (played both the original and Diablo 2 at release), and I'm loving Diablo 3.  One of the best new games I've played in years.

#3 Posted by steel_curtain77 (12 posts) -

Agreed. I'm frustrated with the rolling restarts and server issues at times but understand it's a necessary evil at this point. Once they stabalize we'll have an awesome game to play for quite sometime.

#4 Posted by Elsae (48 posts) -

I'm enjoying this game too. I don't really see the game as "dumbed down" ala the angry intardnerds. Seems more like getting rid of annoyance (i.e. no more identifying needed, can "spec" however you want when you want, etc.) They can keep complaining and I'll keep playing. Had a server restart last night that interrupted play for 10 minutes but that was it for me. No performance issues either on a lower end machine.

Not sure about these rants about the game being too short either. I'm nearly 3 hours in with my wizard at level 9 and just received a quest for the skeleton king.

#5 Posted by BoBo_0007 (361 posts) -

I agree, the game is really fun so far. I like how smooth and fast the combat feels. The only thing i'd like is a little more customization with the skill system. Other than that the game is awesome and it's definitely not to short. I've played for 5 1/2 hours or so and haven't even complete act 1 normal yet.

#6 Posted by fREeSpirIT6 (1 posts) -
I'm also a veteran Diablo player and overall am pretty blown away by it. Games starts a bit slow but 2/3rds of act 1 through and the game really starts to pick up its pace. In my opinion the best Diablo game to date. I do wish I could manually adjust my attributes and the server issues are crappy but other than that this game is bad ass.
#7 Posted by dzimm (4651 posts) -

The only thing i'd like is a little more customization with the skill system.

BoBo_0007

At level 60, there are literally billions of skill combinations per class.  How much more customization do you want?

#8 Posted by BoBo_0007 (361 posts) -

[QUOTE="BoBo_0007"]

The only thing i'd like is a little more customization with the skill system.

dzimm

At level 60, there are literally billions of skill combinations per class.  How much more customization do you want?

Oh yeah I know there is lots of combinations and that is awesome. The part I don't like is how the runes unlock for each skill at a certain level. I was under the impression i'd have to find the rune and "socket" it to the skill and there was going to be 4 or 5 different types of runes with different levels. It would allow for a little more customization and more unique characters.

#9 Posted by BoBo_0007 (361 posts) -

I take back what I said about the skill system. My character is now in the mid 20's and there is sooooo many combinations I ain't missing the skill tree anymore. Loving it now.

#10 Posted by MirkoS77 (7473 posts) -

Wow, not a single negative post in here.

Yea, it's awesome.  My only complaint so far is my game suddenly ending from the server dropping out, which has wiped out a good thirty minutes of progress over the map, which then needs to be revealed all over again.  Not cool.  But otherwise I'm frikkin' addicted to this and am having a blast.  Also, normal is still a bit too easy and it's annoying I have to finish it to unlock harder modes.

#11 Posted by rock_solid (5122 posts) -
game is awesome
#12 Posted by Teutonic_Terror (23 posts) -

Agreed.