How's your performance with D3 ? 'Cause mine's not so hot despite my rig.

#1 Posted by jack00 (3559 posts) -

Ok the more I play the more i'm beginning to see performances issues. Sometimes when I enter a new area from a either a portal or dungeon, my fps will drop to 30. The only way I have found to get them back up is to alt+tab then get back in the game. When I do that they get back up to a steady 60... Still it's pretty annoying, especialy if you are right about to fight mobs. I got vsync on so my framerate are locked at 60, I checked in low FX and turned down shadows to low. Didn't seem to do anything.
I'm also experiencing framerate drops in large crowds, sometimes it drops in the 30s if not more, with my specs i'm really pissed that I have to deal with framerate drops. What is your performance with D3 on your rig ? Had any issues like me ?
And Bump this.
P.S. Also on a side note some of my key binding keeps resetting everytime I log off...

#2 Posted by MirkoS77 (8401 posts) -

Ok the more I play the more i'm beginning to see performances issues. Sometimes when I enter a new area from a either a portal or dungeon, my fps will drop to 30. The only way I have found to get them back up is to alt+tab then get back in the game. When I do that they get back up to a steady 60... Still it's pretty annoying, especialy if you are right about to fight mobs. I got vsync on so my framerate are locked at 60, I checked in low FX and turned down shadows to low. Didn't seem to do anything.
I'm also experiencing framerate drops in large crowds, sometimes it drops in the 30s if not more, with my specs i'm really pissed that I have to deal with framerate drops. What is your performance with D3 on your rig ? Had any issues like me ?
And Bump this.
P.S. Also on a side note some of my key binding keeps resetting everytime I log off...

jack00

The game definitely stutters on my system as well, sometimes quite noticeably, and I'm far above the required specs.  But not in large crowds necessarily, it can happen anywhere.  At first I thought it was lag, but my ping hovers consistently at around 60-80.  Annoying, but not to the point where it detracts from the enjoyment.  Hopefully a path will smoothen things out.

#3 Posted by jack00 (3559 posts) -
Yeah that a some new drivers for thr GPUs aswell. Thanks for your feedback.
#4 Posted by Feilijr (393 posts) -

I'm using a Radeon HD 7870 so I'm fairly high above the recommended specs, but the stuttering thing happens to me too. At first I thought it was coz I installed it onto a Hardrive thats BADLY fragmented, but seems I'm not the only one that gets it!

#5 Posted by tasman01 (886 posts) -

Don't worry it's not your $450 graphics cards letting you down. Blizzard since SC2 decided it was not worth time developing their games to take advantage of more than 1 (and a half) cores, therefore the game begins to massively slow down when CPU comes in to play.

#6 Posted by PetJel (3724 posts) -

When I start up the game for the first time in a day I will stand idle for 10 seconds after getting ingame to let everything load, I suspect it has something to do with the game syncing to the server since the server hosts and creates the map, items etc.

After that I can play fine with no problems at all, solid 60 fps (yes I use vsync).

#7 Posted by rock_solid (5122 posts) -
maybe the game is only using 2 cores even if you have more.