Friend got his account Indefinitely Suspended.......

#1 Posted by Ecocidexc (84 posts) -

So this is how it happened. His account was hacked and they stole his money. He tries to log on and finds his account is indefinitely suspended. He calls blizz support and they tell him this word for freakin word.

I know people wont believe this, probably think he did something. He's just as confused as this story is confusing. They tell him they will fix his account (still suspended) and that they will send him an authenticator. Still nothing.

How does someone pretty much get banned for someone else hacking their account? You think they would shoot you a warning like, "hey somone hacked your account, change your email/password".

WTF?

#2 Posted by CeasdRedemption (44 posts) -

^^soo my old wow account got hacked and the account had Star Craft 2 on it... I made a new battle.net account, and though I had cd key, email, password, etc... They wouldn't let me get my SC2 game back or transferred... I insisted that they look up the last login for the hacked account (about a year ago) and see that it is unused.. I believe since I have all the "credentials" I am entitled to MY SC2 game, but my only option is to buy it twice and spend $120 total on it...fail customer service, but I am only one customer amongst millions so does not matter to them.

#3 Posted by Ecocidexc (84 posts) -

So I'm assuming they wont send him an authenticator. That sucks, it's kind of like a small scam on BLizzards part. Somone hacks your account, they Indefinitely Suspend your account (BAN) and then you're screwed. Wanna play the game? Buy another one.

#4 Posted by N0tYrBeezin (6902 posts) -

^^soo my old wow account got hacked and the account had Star Craft 2 on it... I made a new battle.net account, and though I had cd key, email, password, etc... They wouldn't let me get my SC2 game back or transferred... I insisted that they look up the last login for the hacked account (about a year ago) and see that it is unused.. I believe since I have all the "credentials" I am entitled to MY SC2 game, but my only option is to buy it twice and spend $120 total on it...fail customer service, but I am only one customer amongst millions so does not matter to them.

CeasdRedemption
That begs the question: Why did you not get your old account back? Why did you make another one?
#5 Posted by N0tYrBeezin (6902 posts) -

So this is how it happened. His account was hacked and they stole his money. He tries to log on and finds his account is indefinitely suspended. He calls blizz support and they tell him this word for freakin word.

I know people wont believe this, probably think he did something. He's just as confused as this story is confusing. They tell him they will fix his account (still suspended) and that they will send him an authenticator. Still nothing.

How does someone pretty much get banned for someone else hacking their account? You think they would shoot you a warning like, "hey somone hacked your account, change your email/password".

WTF?

Ecocidexc
Plenty of people got their accounts back even after being hacked! I don't see why you should be special.
#6 Posted by CeasdRedemption (44 posts) -

Ill take my new account with D3 on it, over a 4 year old inactive (compromised) account....Even if it is "fixed"

#7 Posted by N0tYrBeezin (6902 posts) -

Ill take my new account with D3 on it, over a 4 year old inactive (compromised) account....Even if it is "fixed"

CeasdRedemption
You could have put D3 on your old account instead of starting a new one just for D3.
#8 Posted by dfoz3 (45 posts) -
I had this same issue but the only game I had paid for on my old account was the first Starcraft. Trying to get my old account back involved sending in copies of photo id and some other stuff that I didn't really want to deal with. On my current account I have an authenticator and the other security measures added on as well. Trying to prove my innocence to blizzard was infuriating at the time though so I just gave up.
#9 Posted by novak2k6 (788 posts) -

You would think since now Blizzard is profitting thousands of dollards off of RMAH buying stupidity, they would cough up $6 and start handing out authenticators to everyone. I bought 2 before any of this happened.. Identity theft has now taken a break to focus on D3 for a bit

#10 Posted by jdrizzle117 (27 posts) -

Just another instance of Blizzard **** on their customers....I gave up on this company a long time ago and I don't regret it

#11 Posted by Blubadox (3777 posts) -
You guys could use Windows Authenticator- http://code.google.com/p/winauth/ (open source)
#12 Posted by c4l1d3n (151 posts) -

I had my accounts hacked on Guild Wars. The took everything and messed up my toons badly. Arenanet researched it got my accounts back and then rolled them back so they were just like when the hackers took them. Best service I've ever gotten from a game company. Sorry to hear about your friends bad luck. :(

#13 Posted by dzimm (4651 posts) -

I have never once seen a person say, "My account was suspended, and I totally deserved it." Everybody claims to be an innocent victim.