Do set and unique items still exist in this game?

#1 Posted by Yannakos (585 posts) -

I remember when I used to get so excited to find these items, been through one entire play through and havn't been able to find one yet.  Thoughts?

Avatar image for Xxthesorrow90xX
#2 Posted by Xxthesorrow90xX (604 posts) -

Oh yeah they do, sets seem to actually be good in this game too, better then they were in D2, but i've seen multiple set pieces.

Theres some really good ones. 

#3 Posted by kargion (461 posts) -

Each act per difficulty has a look.  So you have 16 looks (4x4).  

#4 Posted by Succumbus (597 posts) -

Finding them is a different story. Don't even bother with trying to farm items or anything. It's stupid how uncommon good items are. Even blue ones. You have to get everything from the auction house. 

#5 Posted by Megotaku77 (418 posts) -

Finding them is a different story. Don't even bother with trying to farm items or anything. It's stupid how uncommon good items are. Even blue ones. You have to get everything from the auction house. 

Succumbus
The gear from the AH doesn't manifest out of the aether, people farmed them. D3's economy is the same D2 was, I don't know anyone who farmed 2 SoJs, they farmed anything they could get and traded for them. Now you sell whatever you can find and buy your stuff. Its shorter and easier, but fundamentally the same.
#6 Posted by _fark_ (577 posts) -

You still find legendary items but they are RIDICULOUSLY hard to find. I have 3 in 50 hours. There is a problem with them tho, they are weak, oh so very weak. Rare items are a lot more powerful than legendary and drop all the time. If you dont believe me look on D3 official page, there is a list of all the legendary items there.