Diabloe 3 worthless?

#1 Posted by Daweed1990 (50 posts) -

So i like to collect the games i buy and i enjoy playing old games i still play zelda on the 64 etc and i would like to play diablo 3 in 10 years but that wont happen since its all online and blizzard will eventually shut down the servers and then this game will have no value at all and that sucks..

#2 Posted by Eraldus (398 posts) -
inbeforeitwontneverhappenbecauseitisaboutablizzardthatwearetalkingaboutinhere.
#3 Posted by Argle (297 posts) -

how long has diablo II been going?  warcraft 3?  hell look at WoW's lifespan thus far.  id be surprised if we coudnt play D3 8 years down the road

#4 Posted by bloodling (5822 posts) -

Well if you buy sports titles like NHL, you won't even able to play online only 2 years later, so it's far better than some other games. Also, shutting down servers has nothing to do with disabling single-player mode. When they will shut down the servers, I'm sure Blizzard will put out a patch letting us play the game in sp mode with the servers being down. It would make no sense at all if they wouldn't, and I don't know why you're worried about that.

#5 Posted by jacyp (116 posts) -

There's many things we can say to demonstrate how Diablo 3 isn't worth all that Blizzard want us to believe, but definitely your concern is not one of them. If Blizzard ever want to eliminate the servers for D3, they only need to release a simple patch to remove this necessity from the game itself.

#6 Posted by N0tYrBeezin (6902 posts) -

So i like to collect the games i buy and i enjoy playing old games i still play zelda on the 64 etc and i would like to play diablo 3 in 10 years but that wont happen since its all online and blizzard will eventually shut down the servers and then this game will have no value at all and that sucks..

Daweed1990
The Diablo 2 servers are still running and the game was released in 2000. Stop spilling up more rubbish than there already are.
#7 Posted by Teutonic_Terror (23 posts) -

The game is fine, I honestly do not see this game dying anytime soon.

#8 Posted by Vambran (1920 posts) -

haters going to hate.

#9 Posted by HeadExploder (318 posts) -

how long has diablo II been going?  warcraft 3?  hell look at WoW's lifespan thus far.  id be surprised if we coudnt play D3 8 years down the road

Argle
only thing is, you can play WC3 and D2 without being online. Needless to state, you need to play D3 connected to the internet. So 15 years from now if TC decides to dust off the D3 box that he somehow still held onto and wants to show his boy what a good game was back in the day, he might not be able to play it due to Blizzard not supporting it any longer. Its a valid concern.
#10 Posted by Megotaku77 (418 posts) -

[QUOTE="Argle"]

HeadExploder

only thing is, you can play WC3 and D2 without being online. Needless to state, you need to play D3 connected to the internet. So 15 years from now if TC decides to dust off the D3 box that he somehow still held onto and wants to show his boy what a good game was back in the day, he might not be able to play it due to Blizzard not supporting it any longer. Its a valid concern.

The point is Warcraft 2 (b.net edition), Warcraft 3, Starcraft, and Diablo, and Diablo 2 are still fully supported by Battle.net, the same service that supports Diablo 3, its not a valid concern. Diablo 1 was published 1996, meaning its been online supported for 16 years, so his "boy" as you put it will be able to see Diablo 3.