Bet ; How long till this game get pirated ....

#1 Posted by Prid3r (8643 posts) -

.... and make all this DRM bs worthless !?

you know someone will find a way around it ....

#2 Posted by ultimakid (1816 posts) -
Private servers. For popular games they can take anywhere from 1 year to 4. I forget how long WoW took...I think it was around BC. No idea when D2 got private realms but I know it was after LoD.
#3 Posted by MirkoS77 (8031 posts) -

Anyone who pirates this is an idiot to put in the work to make it function correctly.

This game is split between client and server. Graphics, sounds, controls...all client side. Things that balance the game and make it playable-difficulty, item drops, randomization.....all created server side. Pirates would have to spend a hell of a lot of time and effort to try to emulate what Blizzard's servers are doing, and even then it wouldn't be the same experience. I heard the beta had private servers, and it played but was borderline broken and not fun. Yes, WoW have private servers, but I hear they also suck and we know how long that game's been out.

And isn't the point of pirating in this case to be able to play without being connected? That's impossible as a large majority of the game's code is on Blizzard's side. Why the hell would I want to get it for free and play a sub-standard version on unbalanced, buggy servers when I could plunk down $60 and have it run as intended (after all this launch hassle dies down, and it will....)? Until an employee on the inside sneaks into Blizzard's offices, compiles the whole game onto a disc and uploads it, there's no way to pirate this as it was meant to be.

It's simply not worth the trouble in this case to pirate, unless your time is worth a lot less than money and you don't mind playing a substandard version created by people who are not game designers themselves. Best of luck.

#4 Posted by Prid3r (8643 posts) -

I believe pirate will pirate games just for the fun of it , cause yes , they do it for fun . the harder it is , the better . they don't care about the game , they only want to crack it and go like ''FIRST''

#5 Posted by GONtheSKYLORD (3029 posts) -

@ Mirko

Whatever makes you feel better I guess.

#6 Posted by MirkoS77 (8031 posts) -

Meaning what?  Hey, if I could get a cracked version of the single-player that I could play offline, I would.  I've already given Blizzard my money.  But it ain't happening.  If you would like to explain how I could, I'm all ears.

#7 Posted by ultimakid (1816 posts) -

Meaning what?  Hey, if I could get a cracked version of the single-player that I could play offline, I would.  I've already given Blizzard my money.  But it ain't happening.  If you would like to explain how I could, I'm all ears.

MirkoS77
What, is my reply invisible? Private servers. If someone wanted, they could make a singleplayer WoW, or any MMO. Diablo 3 is no different. Once they have the ability to host their own server for the game, meaning they are in control of both client AND server side of the game, a person could EASILY make an offline version for people to play. It WOULD require more resources than usual to play though, as you would obviously be emulating things otherwise normally taken care of for you, but it wouldn't be that big a difference.
#8 Posted by near4814 (248 posts) -

lol guys.

They're making a Battlenet bypass patch sorta. not an offlineserver/crack.

wait.. whut?! O.o

#9 Posted by y3ivan (535 posts) -
Most pirates find cracking games as a challenge. if the task gets too difficult they will gather more reinforcements from other groups.
#10 Posted by MirkoS77 (8031 posts) -

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]

ultimakid

What, is my reply invisible? Private servers. If someone wanted, they could make a singleplayer WoW, or any MMO. Diablo 3 is no different. Once they have the ability to host their own server for the game, meaning they are in control of both client AND server side of the game, a person could EASILY make an offline version for people to play. It WOULD require more resources than usual to play though, as you would obviously be emulating things otherwise normally taken care of for you, but it wouldn't be that big a difference.

What about an offline mode?  I don't care about servers, if I'm going to log into a server it'll be from the people who made the game, not thieves.  Hell, I've already payed money so the only thing I can benefit from getting a cracked version is getting Diablo III to play offline.  And as a lot of the game resides on servers, I don't see that happening.

#11 Posted by Super_Austy_X (39 posts) -

A week maybe. Pirates crack games for more of a challenge than anything, and some of them are extremely talented.

#12 Posted by Hipiznas (1 posts) -

well, nobody will stop you from running both, server and client, on one machine, thus eliminating the need for internet connection.
that will happen, eventually, and paying customers will be the ones getting worse experience than pirates (just like with any other DRM). 

#13 Posted by Mefistofel666 (27 posts) -

Meh.. i think all those drm and similar stuff with online verification just make legit players angry. Pirates will sooner or later get what they want. Didn't Jack Sparrow teach you anything ? :)

#14 Posted by freestyler_85 (739 posts) -
D3 will be tough to crack.. and even if they do , there is bound to be many bugs with the server emulator they will have to create. It really won't be worth it in the end because the server emulator will likely need to be updated everytime Blizz release a new patch . (Thats IF you want the latest updates)
#15 Posted by freestyler_85 (739 posts) -
Basically, expect a glitchy experience and broken quests.
#16 Posted by GONtheSKYLORD (3029 posts) -
I remember people saying things like this about starcraft II, yet pirates enjoyed themselves online.