Anyone a little disappointed in Tyrael's character? (spoilers)

#1 Posted by Silent-Assasin7 (1496 posts) -

Don't get me wrong the fallen angel bit was awesome and the cutscene where he abandons the angels was really well done, but he never gets to be a true archangel again.  I was a little disappointed because he was by far my favourite character in D2, and a big part of that for me was his appearance.  I think the Diablo angels are awesomely designed with Tyrael standing out, but in D3 he's just a regular dude.  Too bad.

#2 Posted by Megotaku77 (418 posts) -

Don't get me wrong the fallen angel bit was awesome and the cutscene where he abandons the angels was really well done, but he never gets to be a true archangel again.  I was a little disappointed because he was by far my favourite character in D2, and a big part of that for me was his appearance.  I think the Diablo angels are awesomely designed with Tyrael standing out, but in D3 he's just a regular dude.  Too bad.

Silent-Assasin7

*SPOILERS*

I think Blizzard is planning on pulling another Lord of Destruction. LoD kinda came out of left field, no one really thought Blizzard could top Act 4 in D2, then LoD and Mount Arreat completely blew everyone away. They really beefed up the potential conflict between Humans and Angels going into and out of Act 4, so my guess is they're going to try and pull another LoD and slam us with a war against the Angels now that all 7 Prime and Lesser evils are vanquished and Tyreal will be taking a more centralized role.  Just a prediction.

#3 Posted by Teutonic_Terror (23 posts) -

Maybe he'll be the new Paladin class?? just a thought

#4 Posted by RTHKI (161 posts) -

i was disappointed in tyraels stupidity

#5 Posted by sumdood (482 posts) -

You're disappointed by his look?  You don't like him because he's black?

#6 Posted by N0tYrBeezin (6902 posts) -

Maybe he'll be the new Paladin class?? just a thought

Teutonic_Terror
He does look awfully similar to the pally in D2, doesn't he?
#7 Posted by maulstik (95 posts) -

Tyrael isn't the only character I'm disappointed with, TBH.

#8 Posted by jinyuken (648 posts) -

I think making him look human was a good choice. Really reinforces the whole idea of him being the only angel that fought for humanity. And what better way to show that then to have him  denounce his angel-hood and become mortal?