A Lifetime Diablo Fans repsonse to D3

#1 Posted by Savius (3 posts) -

I played the first Diablo back when I was 13 or 14 and and it was best thing on the planet.

Diablo 2 got me and my friend bad exam scores years later. One of the best titles of my gaming history.

I was so excited for Diablo 3, a bit of wee came out everytime someone said a word starting with D.

So as a lifetime fan, and one of the 10,000,0000 who bought the game and hasnt bothered to write a review or break my silence until now....

Diablo 3 was ruined by the Auction House. Now the interesting part is I dont actually just mean the Real money one - both of them. Diablo 3 was about the thrill of the random drop. When you saw Gold or Green, your heart skipped a beat. Now? Just buy it on the AH. Great Im strong now.

The last act was bull**** - sure. But Diablo 2 was 3/4 of a game without Lord of Destruction - Im hoping the D3 expansions complete the title. 

But yeah, Auction House ruined my beloved Diablo series. Greed is ruining our games.
Take TERA. I played from lvl 1-60 and thought, holy crap this is a good MMO. Combat is sick, graphics amazing. I got to end game, only to discover that the only way to advance endgame is to "enchant" your gear - which of course, costs literally TENS of THOUSANDS of Gold. How do I get all this Gold?:

a) Spend 75 hours a day playing

b) Run the same 5 man over and over... and over.

OR C) BUY CHRONOSCROLLS for 14.99 USD!!!

Another Business model disguised as a Videogame.

Fck this rubbish, Ima go play Dark Souls. A Real Mans Game. 

#2 Posted by Justforvisit (5047 posts) -

I played the first Diablo back when I was 13 or 14 and and it was best thing on the planet.

Diablo 2 got me and my friend bad exam scores years later. One of the best titles of my gaming history.

I was so excited for Diablo 3, a bit of wee came out everytime someone said a word starting with D.

So as a lifetime fan, and one of the 10,000,0000 who bought the game and hasnt bothered to write a review or break my silence until now....

Diablo 3 was ruined by the Auction House. Now the interesting part is I dont actually just mean the Real money one - both of them. Diablo 3 was about the thrill of the random drop. When you saw Gold or Green, your heart skipped a beat. Now? Just buy it on the AH. Great Im strong now.

The last act was bull**** - sure. But Diablo 2 was 3/4 of a game without Lord of Destruction - Im hoping the D3 expansions complete the title.

But yeah, Auction House ruined my beloved Diablo series. Greed is ruining our games.
Take TERA. I played from lvl 1-60 and thought, holy crap this is a good MMO. Combat is sick, graphics amazing. I got to end game, only to discover that the only way to advance endgame is to "enchant" your gear - which of course, costs literally TENS of THOUSANDS of Gold. How do I get all this Gold?:

a) Spend 75 hours a day playing

b) Run the same 5 man over and over... and over.

OR C) BUY CHRONOSCROLLS for 14.99 USD!!!

Another Business model disguised as a Videogame.

Fck this rubbish, Ima go play Dark Souls. A Real Mans Game.

Savius

Torchlight II and Guild Wars 2 also would like to say hello :)

#3 Posted by dzimm (4651 posts) -

As a lifetime Diablo fan myself, I can't say I agree. Just do what I do and ignore the auction house. There's no reason to use it since drop rates are tuned without regard for the auction house. The experience, in fact, is very much like my time with single player Diablo 2. The problem when discussing drop rates is that people are remembering what Diablo 2's online game was like where it seemed every player was decked out in top tier items thanks to hacking, duping, botting, and third-party auction sites. Even if you didn't engage in questionable activity yourself, it still affected you. Think about it, how many times did you participate in a too-good-to-be-true trade for a top tier item? Yeah, I thought so.

Short version: Diablo 3's drop rates = Diablo 2's drop rates without the cheating

#4 Posted by Larrybwoy (1 posts) -
Dzimm, will you let it go for the love of God, let it go! It's nohing like Diablo 2, and the bare naked truth is that people wanted a DIABLO 2 game with better graphics, it's why 99% of us bought D3 in the first place. You sound like a Blizzard employee....sheesh.