Merges RPGs and FPSs together for an amazing package, albeit a graphically outdated one.

User Rating: 9 | Deus Ex PS2
This is simply one of the most amazing FPSs I've ever played. I have not encountered another game that forces you to develop your character and makes choices about allegiances. I've never played the PC game so my review is coming from that perspective. Deus Ex: The Conspiracy lets the gamer decide how they want to play. The ability to modify your character with different augmentation canisters lets you decide if you want to be a stealthy character or a suicidal attacker. The story is the best I have ever seen in a an FPS. The story follows JC Denton, a biologically engineered superhuman recruited by a government agency to stop terrorists. As the story unfolds, you realize the agency is not what you've been led to believe. The RPG elements seem to blend in naturally with the action and the music is superb. You must upgrade not only your biomods but different skills as well. You can spend skill points on various weapons skills or on hacking skills. Also, the game is designed so that the gamer can complete each objective with several methods. There is never just one single way to get from one location to another. You can stealthily hack, seek help from others, or simply attack and kill all targets. The fact that there is 3 different endings is just another element of replayability that makes this game a must own. The only problem with the game is the slightly outdated (Okay, fine, really outdated) graphics. Personally, I don't care what the graphics look like when the gameplay is this good. They do not deter from the experience so for those willing to overlook this minor problem, this game is a worthy addition to anyone's collection.