User Rating: 5.4 | Deus Ex: Invisible War PC
What seemed to me as a spectacular game at first, turned out to be a very short and limited experience. Limited graphics, limited level design, a limited world to move in. The storyline and plot were quite convincing, and they seemed to be the only reason that kept me playing the game on to the end. There is a constant feeling that you are moving along in a miniature world, as a result of the tiny levels. Imagine trying to play a downsized football match inside your garage – each team has only two players, the spectator “crowd” is made up of only five individuals and your football field is no more than 4 meters long – do you get the picture? Well, this is how I feel playing Deus Ex: Invisible War. The environment just isn’t convincing enough. It’s actually ridiculous to read some of those notes you so often come across in the game, saying that this or that person “got lost” or “could not find a way out” in some particular level. How on earth some character could get lost or stuck in the game’s tiny levels is something yet to be explained (perhaps some of the game’s oyster-IQ characters might after all…). Deus Ex: Invisible War is a good story wrapped in a bad casing.