User Rating: 4.9 | Deus Ex: Invisible War PC
Really disapointing. Thats all I can say. I was a big fan of the original Deus Ex, but felt some rediculous developing decisions all but ruined this game completely. First the highly touted physics are a complete joke, objects seem to all have the same weight, and kind of float. And while the combat in the first DE wasn't the high point, its still slow and really uninticing. The idea to have one kind of ammo for all weapons was in my opinion stupid and not needed. Seriously every FPS ever has had different ammo, and not once have I EVER heard someone complain, gee this different ammo for different weapons is too complex, lets simplify it. And in what I think is the most exasperating decision for this game, the skill system was eliminated. Ya the mods are still there, but the skill system helped make deus ex such an original experience. Its like the developers thought the players of the first deus ex had become spontaneously retarded and couldn't deal with anything complex or that required any real thought. Yes the graphics got better, but they still run somewhat sluggish compared to other better looking games. Really the only highpoint of the game was the sound, which was good but not superb. The ball was dropped really bad with this game, I can only hope Thief 3 isn't such a mess of poor ideas and even worse implementation.