User Rating: 9.4 | Deus Ex: Invisible War PC
Boy oh boy, do I love this game! First off, I should point out the lack of maturity some of the other reviewers are displaying (namely, the ones giving the game a 1.0), simply because it did not live up to their expectations from the first Deus Ex. With that out of the way, let's get to the review. It is immediately apparent that the developers of the game put alot of thought into the gameplay aspects. Not only does it successfully combine the elements of a RPG and FPS, but it also combines them well, and that's no small feat! The open-endedness of the game is astounding. The game is ready for anything you through at it. It doesn't matter what order you do the "quests" or how you do them, the game can handle it. For instance, you can either sneak your way through a mission without ever dishing out lethal damage, run in with guns a'blazin', or hack the security systems and just waltz right in with out anyone/anything giving you a second thought. The story is very compelling... I can't stress this enough. You truely feel involved with everything that is going on around you. There are multiple endings that are influenced by your actions near the end of the game, and each ending is very philosophical and intriguing. The graphics are very impressive, especially with the "bloom" setting on. Think of the entire game as looking like a CG movie and you have the basic effect of bloom. I think the sound is very... convincing... I can't really think of any other word for it. I mean it's not the best around, but it's still very good. If you go out and buy this game, you will definately be getting your money's worth.