User Rating: 8.7 | Deus Ex: Invisible War PC
If you liked the first Deus Ex, and you have some decent power under the hood of your PC, by all means run out and buy this game. The gameplay is a little more streamlined than the first installment, which is actually something I’ve learned to like, such as one ammo type. I’m not a huge fan of the interface yet, but I’m getting used to it. It’s got all the things fans of the first game will really be looking for, such as the open-ended play, conspiracies, etc. The game is not without its shortcomings, but it’s definitely not the piece of junk that some are making it out to be. Now, for some words to hopefully counter-act the 1.0 scores given by some reviewers: My hardware: Athlon XP 3200+, ATI 9800 Pro (Catalyst 3.8), 512M PC3200LL The game runs SLOW if you crank up the AA and AF. I went into the control panel and set them on application preference instead of forcing it on, and also set multisampling to 1x within the game options. The game runs fine with these settings, no more slowness or graphical glitches. The graphics are plenty good enough without AA and AF to enjoy the game. I’m not too far in it, but I find myself getting lost in the game and I never notice that I don’t have these options on. Also, there is a setting in the default.ini MouseLagThreshold, set this to 0 to get rid of the laggy mouse movement. Tweaks like these should not have to be done, but they are not too difficult. I noticed that on 12/5 Ion Storm has some QA Jobs posted on their website. Wonder why that would be?!