So much potential bogged down by a formulaic approach.

User Rating: 6 | Deus Ex: Human Revolution PS3
I had no idea that Deux Ex was a first-person-shooter before I installed it. Not only do I think that FPS video games have been done to absolute death, I also believe that they will be the death of video gaming. In fact, it should be illegal to own or produce FPS games from this point onwards.

THEY. ARE. ALL. THE. SAME.

On top of this I find it just a bit disturbing that millions of gamers all over the world take pleasure in sniping so many bad guys. Had I known that Deus Ex was an FPS I would have opted for some cutesy kiddie's game instead. As it was, I was obligated to play through it as I didn't want a trophy count of 0% to tarnish my list. It turns out that the game is actually very imaginative, with a frequently deeply emotional soundtrack, and a lovely neo-noir atmosphere of almost perpetual darkness. The story is important, and political, and will no doubt be a huge controversy when it eventually develops in real life. But the game goes on f-o-r-e-v-e-r. Seriously folks, this is a long, long, loooooooooong game. There are 15 chapters in this story. It should have been 10.

An immersive, political story I can handle, but not as an FPS. Deus Ex is extremely repetitive and many of the levels and environments feature identical architecture and designs. Plus the whole 'Main Quest with multiple Side Quests' concept is getting a bit old now. There's so much potential in Deus Ex: Human Revolution but it's all spoiled the formulaic design.

There is a huge world out there filled with adventure and possibility, to spend a million hours hunting down every last trophy in this game would be tragic. I maxed-out at 52% and I'm happy with that.

Graphics B+