Graphics: 4.5 out of 5 Sound: 4 out of 5 Gameplay: 4.5 out of 5 Plot: 4.5 out of 5 (the endings fel

User Rating: 8.5 | Deus Ex: Human Revolution PS3
Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a fun prequel to the Deus Ex series. Basically we get to see how nano-tech augmentation which eventually ruins the world in the earlier works came to fruition. 8.5 out of 10 overall for great story arc, beautiful detailed scenery, attention to stealth mechanics, but suffers for simple AI (I played a pacifist game on the hardest, "Give me Deus Ex" setting and felt it much too easy).

Graphics were pretty stellar, though some close up details and mannerisms of individuals could have used a little work. Every woman you talk to has the same stance, head tilts, hand gestures, etc, which was actually a little distracting. There were some odd little glitches too when it came to hand-to-hand cut scenes. Sometimes the rendered space didn't cooperate and objects like walls got in the way.

Gameplay was excellent when attempting stealthy game. but weak AI made the game a bit too easy and thus dull over time. Also, repeated computer mini-game hacking got boring after a time. The biggest complaint though was the need to repeatedly pause to eat a candy bar during massive hand-to-hand fight scenes. This is because close quarters attacking uses energy which must be replaced before using the techniques again. It ruined a little suspension of disbelief ("Hey Mr. augmented bodyguard, can you wait a sec while I eat this Snickers bar after knocking your buddy across the room so I can do the same to you?... Thanks."). Fortunately the theme, plot, and graphics were good enough to compensate for this weakness.

Certainly, Deus Ex fans will appreciate the familiarity of some game elements and the story overall. New comers will experience a great game worth the money. Expect to dump 20-30, maybe 40 hours on the game depending on how much you explore around. Especially those going for the "doctorate" achievement will need to hunt a bit without using a guidebook. At any rate, $1 per hour is a good deal for this game.