3 hours in and already thought of 3 other ways I could have played those 3 hours.

User Rating: 9.5 | Deus Ex: Human Revolution PS3
OK, so I only have around 3 to 4 hours logged in so far, but wow. Sure, I thought it would be a good game, but a lot of reviews sort of made it seem like it wasn't so good (despite the good scores). I'm glad to say that they pretty much nitpicked stuff.

I have no problem with the AI. Maybe it's because I play older games as well, and am fine with the AI not being super geniuses. They take cover, they can spot you easily enough, and their guns actually can kill you in a few shots. They can actually be a good challenge if approached wrong, or rather approached in a way different than what you've been playing the game.

Actually, I find some good similarities to Rainbow: Six Vegas 2. Mainly in the cover system and how easily you can die. This is welcome since it makes the game a lot more tense, forcing you to actually plan what you do.

Now, I don't know why people are saying ammo is scarce. I use the basic pistol, and it works just fine for now, especially since it's easy to find ammo for it.

The dark tone of the story is already present, which adds yet another layer of depth to the game. Sadly, I am not good at the socializing part of the game, so some people died that I probably could have saved.

Not to worry, main people can die in main story missions. You don't get penalized for it by having to redo the mission, but rather it reflects in the world and characters around you.

Honestly, I have no complaints about the game right now. I did get lost once in a side mission, but that's only because there's so many paths that I accidentally passed one of them. Just as in most games that offer stealth I'm trying to do it in this one, but as is always the case I end up getting a mix of stealth and action. I hope the boss battles aren't as bad as they're made out to be, though it seems like there's only a few so it shouldn't be a big deal.

I give the game a 9.5 because I don't give any game a 10, though this is very close to getting the 10.

Highly recommended for anyone interested in a deep game, filled with replay value for 2 to 3 more replays this is definitely the game for you.

I'm going out on a limb and saying this will be this year's game of the year.